Devil Engine (PS4,Switch, PC) 2018- Hyakutarou music

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Samuray

Re: Devil Engine (PS4,Switch, PC) 2018- Hyakutarou music

Post by Samuray »

Is Ignition a whole new "campaign"? Thought it was more of a remix of existing stuff.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

The final boss has a bit of a makeover (the first one) but the second final boss remains unchanged for the most part.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

ATTRACTS wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:42 pm
Jonpachi wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:29 pm Completely baseless guess, but it makes me wonder then if they’re running the whole game in a texture layer, and that’s why it “catches up” in terms of sharpness as the stage begins.
Yep maybe. When I first booted it up I was really pissed off at what I was looking at but all the sudden, it was fine. Rebooted a few times to see if I was imagining things but it happens every time. It looks fantastic once it gets “caught up” like you said.
It never "caught up" for me. It looked like blurred crap for the duration. Regardless it's a non issue for the Switch from the start.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Strider77 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:55 pm
ATTRACTS wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:42 pm
Jonpachi wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:29 pm Completely baseless guess, but it makes me wonder then if they’re running the whole game in a texture layer, and that’s why it “catches up” in terms of sharpness as the stage begins.
Yep maybe. When I first booted it up I was really pissed off at what I was looking at but all the sudden, it was fine. Rebooted a few times to see if I was imagining things but it happens every time. It looks fantastic once it gets “caught up” like you said.
It never "caught up" for me. It looked like blurred crap for the duration. Regardless it's a non issue for the Switch from the start.
I’m just reporting my own experiences on both the PS4 and PS5 in case someone was on the fence and didn’t have a Switch option. In both systems once you clear the first mid stage boss on stage one, as soon as the explosion happens, the visuals immediately get cleaner. I took these photos below with my phone camera so they aren’t 100% but you can clearly see a major difference. Once the visuals resolve they stay resolved until you close the game completely.

https://imgur.com/a/OGSt3ys