Xyanide XBOX news-looks like it's in it's final phase!...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
dave4shmups

Xyanide XBOX news-looks like it's in it's final phase!...

Post by dave4shmups »

Yesterday I emailed Playlogic, asking whether Xyanide (XBOX) had been cancelled. Here is their reply:

"Dear Mr. Halligan,

Thank you for your inquiry into Xyanide.

Playlogic is currently working on implementing the final Xbox Live
features into Xyanide and are working on finding a suitable publisher
for the title.

We're hoping to release the game as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Hans"

Here's hoping they find a suitable publisher soon!
:D
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

i second that motion! i have been waiting for this game as well. it looks very nice and a nice change of pace from all the xbox games i have now.
I have no sig whatsoever.
joshschw

Post by joshschw »

i've probably emailed them 4-5 times over the last few monhts and never recieved a reply. and aren't they the publisher? :?: :?: :?:
theevilfunkster

Post by theevilfunkster »

so is there any chance of this getting a uk release? i cant think of a single shmup thats been released here for the xbox
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Playlogic is the developer, not the publisher.

I'm sure it'll be released in the UK, seeing as how Playlogic is a European developer. The US will probably get a release too; at least I hope so! :D
Farewell to hollow words
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

All right! Rock on, I've been waiting for this for ages.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

No news on the GBA version?
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Good work on getting this info for us, Dave. :D
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

you still got respect from some of the board forums, you'll know that! :wink: Good research, Dave!
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

^DAVE, you're my hero!!!
No, not really.

Anyway, I'm not even sure what Xyanide is anymore?
Is it a rail shmup like Panzer Dragoon, or a strict "target reticle" type?
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

from what i understand it has the auto-target laser, but the "main" shot is a rotatable turret. like Zero Gunner 2 only not so much. :D
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

It's definately a scrolling shmup; that much I can tell from the vids. Go to www.playlogicinternational.com , click on "games", and then on "Xyanide". According to the gameplay description, your ship can "mutate" into different forms. Pretty original stuff!
Farewell to hollow words
the2bears

Post by the2bears »

The XBox version looks a lot like a rail-shooter to me from the movies. That's ok, I'm a big fan of Rez and this game looks like it's got some style. The storyline looks alright as well.

Good to see something interesting (at least for me) coming out on the XBox, a console that generally hasn't had much that I've liked. Heck I bought Project Gotham more for Geometry Wars than anything else:)

Oh... just watched the 4th movie, the GBA one. I like that, I'll be getting that too. I need a good, portable shmup. That looks good.

Bill
TVG

Post by TVG »

that flash site is awful on a slow connection, can anyone give me a direct link for the gba vid?
Defcon 5

Post by Defcon 5 »

Yeeehhaaaaaaaawww !!

Sorry about that but Iam becoming a little Xyanide Fan Boy since I saw the first gameplay vids. Iam trying to send them an Email now, to tell them that they must release that game at any costs :lol:

The same with "The Red Star"

Tell them that you want a game and probably youll get it

Great news, thx for that, Iam waiting for this since month
Check out my Shooter Videos
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

sorry dude. but The Red Star was being developed in house at Acclaim (studio in Austin) and Acclaim is no more. not that i am disagreeing, i want it as well, but it is very unlikely to be resurrected.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

I don't know anything about the GBA version, and when it's getting released; they only told me about the XBOX version

I don't think they need any more prodding either, they seem pretty determined to get XBOX Xyanide released. They need to find a publisher, and there's nothing any of us can really do to help them do that.
Farewell to hollow words
Defcon 5

Post by Defcon 5 »

I know that Red Star is an Acclaim Title but even the EDGE isnt unsure that this game will ever see the light of the day.

About Xyanide: That they are searching for a new pupl. is not a reason not to tell them that they are doing great work and shouldnt stop with it :)
Check out my Shooter Videos
U K Narayan

Post by U K Narayan »

Defcon 5 wrote:I know that Red Star is an Acclaim Title but even the EDGE isnt unsure that this game will ever see the light of the day.
It doesn't have to, you can actually download the full version on a couple of pirate sites.
Approach your target and attack! Your mission starts now! ARE YOU READY!?
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

*shrugs* I don't know what else to tell you guys. They told me that all that's left for XBOX Xyanide is to finish the Live features and then find someone to publish it. They seem pretty eager and determined, so I don't see why this game wouldn't see a release.
Farewell to hollow words
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

On one hand, I'm glad that there's another shmup/pseudo-shmup coming out, but... I just don't think this game looks all that good. I'd love to be proven wrong though.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

the2bears wrote:Good to see something interesting (at least for me) coming out on the XBox, a console that generally hasn't had much that I've liked. Heck I bought Project Gotham more for Geometry Wars than anything else:)
Apart from Geometry Wars, Metal Slug 3, and Panzer Dragoon Orta, there isn't a whole lot for me to do with my Xbox. And the situation is not going to get any better, it seems, as developers are shifting attention to Xbox 2. Perhaps Xyanide will get me to plug my Xbox back in with the new replacement cord-- I assume everyone knows that there was a recall on the power cord of early-model Xboxes.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

What the heck is Geometry Wars?? I can't find a listing for that game on Gamefaqs, unless it also goes by another name.
Farewell to hollow words
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

dave4shmups wrote:What the heck is Geometry Wars?? I can't find a listing for that game on Gamefaqs, unless it also goes by another name.
Telling from a previous post in this topic, I'm guessing Geometry Wars is a hidden game within Project Gotham Racing. Try looking up some faqs or codes for Project Gotham Racing for Xbox.

Edit: Actually it's a mini game in Project Gotham 2, not the first one (please don't forget the game number when describing which game you are playing!) It's a game you can play while at the arcade in walk mode or something like that.
Last edited by BrianC on Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
raiden

Post by raiden »

Geometry Wars is a bonus shooting game in Project Gotham Racing 2. It plays like an analog, modernized version of Robotron. To access the game, you need to visit the garage where your cars are stored. Took me quite a while to find it, as said garage is an otherwise entirely useless feature.