Radirgy S

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
m.sniffles.esq

Re: Radirgy S

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I was gifted the soundtrack album and have currently been bumping it on my commute. And while it isn't as inventive as some of their other soundtracks, I will say it's better/richer than I initially gave it credit for. A lot of it probably has to do with all hell breaking loose as a constant within the game itself, so there isn't a lot of opportunity to actually hear the stage music in detail.

So while it isn't within the top Milestone (and adjunct) soundtracks, it isn't as lifeless as I initially thought. Add to that, a really quite neat and quality package, and a good vinyl master, I think it's a worthwhile purchase (even though $40 is really steep)
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

I have Radirgy Swag on switch and I must admit it has filtered me. I have no idea what to do. Is there any point to fulfilling the requests? I can't even make it to a boss. Either I go too fast and die from enemy mob spam or I go super slow and run out of gas or whatever.

Somebody should edit an FAQ into the OP. I have the translated version of the game, but the "tips" aren't really very helpful. Telling me what stuff does is nice, but I still don't understand how to play this. I know about the shot types and the sword, and you also have a sort of bomb thing you can activate around your character... But I haven't seen a stage 2 or a boss yet. And I'm unlikely to, the way I'm sucking at this game.

Music, visuals and personality are all very strong with this game. Maybe someone can let me know what the hell I'm supposed to do.
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

Sima Tuna wrote:Maybe someone can let me know what the hell I'm supposed to do.
I wrote a wiki page here: https://shmups.wiki/library/Radirgy_Swag
There are no stage transitions - you move through four areas as you make progress but there are no bosses and no breaks.
Completing orders doesn't directly do anything, but it helps for going into endless mode if you wish to pursue that after playing the game for quite a while. (the game will usually end at the moon when your distance gauge at the right fills up to the top, but you can go past the moon if you play the game a lot and fulfil other conditions)

I wrote this in the "Strategy" section of the wiki page, but continually using bombs is the core mechanic in this game because enemy bullets are too fast to dodge. In a nutshell: destroy as many enemy waves as possible, get pink speed items and green health items, and press the bomb button as often as you need to keep yourself invincible (i-frames last as long as the white circle is around you).

Here's a video of one of my best runs if you'd like to see an "endless" run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43c9f-mVt9U

Good luck - hope you can enjoy it more with this info!
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Yesterday, our good buddies Dispatch deleted all of their Twitter posts (again) and replaced them with:

Yes, we are alive.
Yes, Paradise is shipping.
Yes, Radirgy is shipping.
Yes, Rail Sim is shipping.

We will be posting updates on everything shortly once we have cleared the support queue.

No comments are allowed.

Hear that? Updates are coming.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

That's definitely something that happens when things are going well and there's nothing to be concerned about.