EXAーARCADIA [New Arcade Platform/Publisher]

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
spmbx

Re: EXAーARCADIA [New Arcade Platform/Publisher]

Post by spmbx »

pdp wrote:I just picked up an exA along with Aka & Blue and Crimson Katana (with SDOJ on the way). For controls, I started with a USB IONA and then ended up building a dedicated stick with a Tucson Logic JVS board in it.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the hardware and there's just something satisfying about plugging in a cartridge. On the other side of my experience, customer service has been disappointing. My unit arrived with an overpowering mildew smell and they refused me an exchange. Apparently that's not considered a defect. And there are a few things that have me scratching my head about their design choices, like why do they only have a filter on the exhaust fans and why is that filter not user replaceable from outside the unit?

Aka & Blue has been fun but I'm really looking forward to SDOJ getting here.
Unless there are more people with mildew-smelling units i'm guessing you sent your unit to the electric underground guy to make a youtube movie? If i understood it correctly you tried to clean your unit and removed the cmos battery resulting in a non booting unit and a $500 repairbill? Thats a great prospect for everyone with cmos batteries that will go empty :)

https://youtu.be/I_lxI0XujIs
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Shou confirmed the cmos battery don’t brick the battery,hacking it does
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Exa Arcadia - where cleaning your unit is classified as hacking. You just can't make up shit like this
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

spmbx wrote:Exa Arcadia - where cleaning your unit is classified as hacking. You just can't make up shit like this
It's not so unusual these days, phones, laptops, industrial equipment, all sorts of tech companies have policies like this. I think the laws in Europe around right-to-repair are very different than they are in much of the US. I think Japan is also super uptight about anything that might be considered modification. No idea about Singapore, but they don't seem super loosey-goosey in general.
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Yeah uk,eu,warranty stickers are the norm on most products,you open it up and void warranty
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

"Warranty void if removed" stickers on arcade hardware, I've seen everything. Also the CMOS battery issue just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
alamone

Post by alamone »

I posted a rebuttal video in response to MarkMSX's EXA Arcadia review video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BdPxjqU1Yw
alamone

Post by alamone »

LOL I posted my rebuttal video as a comment to MarkMSX's original video, and the comment got deleted
parodius

Post by parodius »

Just watched/listened to your video, and although I agree with a lot of your points, and haven't watched the video you were responding to,
be aware that there were times when Exa actually asked people to ship their motherboard to them, in order to update it, together with the game cart(s).

I did it myself back in Dec. 2020, from Singapore to Japan, and got everything back safely in Jan. 2021.
They didn't ask me to pay for return shipping btw.
My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.
Ddshot

EXAーARCADIA [New Arcade Platform/Publisher]

Post by Ddshot »

alamone wrote:LOL I posted my rebuttal video as a comment to MarkMSX's original video, and the comment got deleted
You gonna have the mark msx fans boys gunning for you!not to mention the exa hater club!
‘Exa is to expensive’
‘It’s just steam games’
‘I demand access to games for free’
Bla bla bla!
Lol
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

I much agree with Mark's video you're reacting to, but i wouldn't have watched his video either of it was over half an hour of talk over a static background. I'm just not that interested in tribalism i guess.
alamone

Post by alamone »

spmbx wrote:I much agree with Mark's video you're reacting to, but i wouldn't have watched his video either of it was over half an hour of talk over a static background. I'm just not that interested in tribalism i guess.
Fair enough, I don't claim to be a youtuber and it might be boring to just listen to me "rant" for over 30 minutes. Here's a text summary if you can't be bothered to listen to the video:

- Self-Introduction - my handle is alamone, I'm an arcade PCB enthusiast, I'm especially into 2D shooters, AKA shmups. Have a pretty large PCB collection and 3 CRT cabs. I've also developed rom hacks for practicing shmups on PCBs - a link to my hacks is in the description. In particular, the Gradius IV hack is very full featured and has stage select, software rapid fire, in-game pause with full powerup anytime, weapon select edit mode, and display gadgets for the current loop/stage, option hunter timer, and blue capsule countdown.

What is this video? A rebuttal and clarification in response to markmsx's exa review video - link in description.
- I don't normally do videos, but since he posted a video on Youtube, I figure the best response is by another Youtube video. So it won't have any fancy production values but just me talking and rebutting his points.
- Nothing against markmsx personally - in fact I helped with his DDP romhack commission by Grego, by fixing bugs and adding QoL features. See link in description.
- But his video was just too one sided and filled with inaccuracies.
- Although I personally know many exa arcadia staff members, this is not a paid promotion.
- They are first and foremost arcade enthusiasts who want to see the arcade scene thrive, and have all contributed to the community:
- eric chung aka shoutime, CEO, arcade game preservation enthusiast who obtains games that would otherwise never be dumped
- alex marshall aka trap15, developer, made many arcade hacks and enhancements, including a way to fix bricked seibu SPI motherboards called SPI Revive (link in description), a hack to fix slowdown on metal slug 2 called metal slug 2 turbo (link in description), etc.
- mike moffitt aka hatsune mike, developer, designed PCB streaming device "NAC splitfire" which allows you to easily stream a JAMMA arcade cab feed in realtime (link in description)
- That said, I am not going to be a shill for exa - while I defend them in this video, I will also describe what I don't like about them.

To give a broad overview, there are five points I'd like to cover:

1. Warranty void sticker - MarkMSX made way too much fuss about this, because he misunderstands the target audience of the eXA system.
2. Warranty denial sob story - this sounds too suspicious to assign blame wholly on eXA like markMSX did.
3. Price - MarkMSX did not compare the price of the system to it's competitors, which would be other new arcade systems.
4. Discussion of the positive aspects of the system - MarkMSX's coverage was way too one-sided in the negative direction.
5. Aspects of eXA I don't like.

1. Warranty void sticker, which he spent around 90% of the video on:
- Purchasing PCBs as an individual is not a right - try buying a new arcade game from a large corporation - they won't give you time of day
- Target market is arcade operators - needs to address their concerns, not the general consumer
- Also need to meet the concerns of the developers - bootlegging and piracy is a huge problem, especially for PC based hardware.
- Complained about lack of online updates, but again, this is to harden the security. It's not an "oversight" as MarkMSX characterises it.
- How many consoles were hacked because of buffer overflow bugs or rendering bugs in web browsers, or proxy server redirects, or other workarounds? Why expose the system to another attack vector? I can understand why updates are entirely offline, although I do take issue with how offline updates are handled, as discussed later in aspects of eXA I don't like.
- Surprised about it being a generic PC? Newsflash - all companies have use PC based hardware since around the 2000s. It's simply not cost efficient to built bespoke PCB hardware like the old days.

2. Warranty denial story.
- Story about friend being denied warranty is suspicious
- Merely replacing the CMOS battery does not brick the system. I confirmed this with the CEO of eXA. MarkMSX was fear mongering about dying CMOS batteries causing eXAs to brick. This is fake news. Only attempting to circumvent the security causes the system to brick.
- So, this becomes a he said she said situation - who do you believe?
- Reading between the lines - I think that while he had the case open to try and get rid of the "mildew smell" or whatever, he tried to mess around with the system's security and bricked it, and then tried to blame the company for attempting to hack the system.
- The guy admitted to buying a second system. I think that neatly summarizes who was in the right.

3. Price
- Again, you have to think about the target market: arcade operators.
- These are brand new systems, with no requirement of online revenue sharing as is common with all Japanese companies - revenue share can be as high as 40% of the net income - for every 100 yen inserted, 40 yen goes to the game company. For exa's case, you pay up-front and there are no ongoing costs.
- Depending on how busy your location is, the cost of the system can be easily recovered over the course of a few months.
- Also, the price comparison should not be other consoles, but the prices of new arcade games from other manufacturers. They will cost you thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars. A new raw thrills cabinet will run you over 40 thousand dollars.
- Even when considering these systems for individual use, pricing is not much different from the Neo Geo AES model.
- Neo Geo AES released in 1990 for $650. Accounting for inflation, that's $1512 in 2023 dollars.
- eXA motherboard brand new costs $2623. Yes, it's more expensive, but the hardware is more advanced compared to Neo Geo hardware when considering the timeframe it was released. When that's taken into consideration, I'd say the price is comparable to the Neo Geo model.
- Where it stumbles is the cost of the games. AES games were up to about $300, and that was still expensive compared to say, $60-100 SNES or Genesis games of the time. eXA games cost anywhere from around $500 for the riki NES ports to $2.4k for cave/toaplan/touhou limited editions . I'm not going to mince words - this is expensive. But again, the arcade market is the primary target, and the home market is a secondary consideration.
- Also let's look at the price of some of the original games on the used market:
Gimmick Famicom cart - recent YAJ new boxed copy is 161,510 yen. eXA version has new modes and updated graphics.
SDOJ PCB - recent YAJ used kit is 461,000 yen, and didn't even include the original poster. eXA version has new modes, is cheaper, and better audio and graphical quality. I used to have the PCB - audio was overdriven and terrible sounding. That's the primary reason I ended up selling it and buying the eXA version.
- Given these prices, one could argue that buying an EXA is cheaper.

4. No description of positives of the system
- Mark was too scared to even use the system for fear of damaging it or whatever. It's not going to be damaged unless you try to hack it.
- There are many positives, like the wide compatibility with various monitors, even support for 4:3 CRTs if you use a HDMI to VGA converter. This allows the eXA to slot into old school CRT cabs as well as modern LCD cabs, or even to home CRTs and LCD TVs if you purchase eXA for individual use.
- eXA developers have a respect for the source material. For example, let's take a look at Gimmick. The original system was Famicom. While it's true the NES resolution is 256x240, it's shown on an analog CRT display and is streched horizontally to a 4:3 aspect ratio. It's not simply displayed 1:1 with square pixels, resulting in nearly a square. We didn't use square TVs back in the day. Look at the footage of the Gimmick "special" remake. They are using an incorrect aspect ratio with square pixels. Even though this was pointed out to the developers, Bitwave Games, they still persist in using 1:1 aspect ratio, presumably because it's easier to program. This just shows you the difference in respect for the source materials between eXA and other developers like Bitwave Games.
- eXA puts an emphasis on reducing input lag, including transparently listing the measured input lag of all of their games. Try to get input lag numbers from any other game company - you won't get it.
- eXA has gone as far as developing their own protocol, JVS dash, to further reduce latency when compared to traditional protocols like JVS. They obviously care about game feel and responsiveness, unlike a lot of game companies that will just say the input lag is "good enough" or that they "didn't encounter any issues during testing" without providing hard latency numbers to back it up. The recent TMNT cowabunga collection comes to mind, where independent lag measurements were as bad as 90+ ms, but the developer denied there was any issue.

5. What I don't like about exa
- Update process - have to pay shipping both ways - process also unclear - do you have to insure? These are 2K$ carts after all.
- MarkMSX commented that it's probably not good for the life of the system to be shipping it back and forth for updates. This is simply not true, since what's being updated is the carts, not the motherboards. The carts are using flash memory, not spinning hard drives or other fragile media, and it's very unlikely they will be damaged in shipping.
- Paint job on limited editions cheap and flakes off easily.
- Not a big deal for me, but might be a deal breaker for collectors - I care more about playing the games.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Appreciate the writeup, i will read that when i'm waiting for stuff at work
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Good video/writeup, thank you. Just wish Mark_MSX's fanbase would watch/read it. They never will, of course, that's the point. My respect for Prickly Angler has completely cratered, he's literally just repeating Mark's talking points without being aware that they're wrong and were completely addressed in the video.

One thing, however:
alamone wrote:- eXA developers have a respect for the source material. For example, let's take a look at Gimmick. The original system was Famicom. While it's true the NES resolution is 256x240, it's shown on an analog CRT display and is streched horizontally to a 4:3 aspect ratio. It's not simply displayed 1:1 with square pixels, resulting in nearly a square. We didn't use square TVs back in the day. Look at the footage of the Gimmick "special" remake. They are using an incorrect aspect ratio with square pixels. Even though this was pointed out to the developers, Bitwave Games, they still persist in using 1:1 aspect ratio, presumably because it's easier to program. This just shows you the difference in respect for the source materials between eXA and other developers like Bitwave Games.
Not quite. The problem is that a lot of older games simply don't have art that is actually meant for a regular TV or monitor. There are countless examples of games where obvious circles are ovals, where projectiles bend and warp around what would otherwise seem to be some invisible quirk in the game's physics, where characters are "squashed" compared to actual artwork or just literally all sense of design, etc. Sadly, it's all very similar to how the public loves to stretch 4:3 games to 16:9 and pretend there's zero issue. The end result is that the absolute vast majority of older games would be best served by taking the exact square pixel look and then adding more viewing area around it, to get actual 4:3. Which, honestly, is basically how the 320 Mega Drive games work, give or take a few horizontal lines which don't skew the picture nearly as much.

I'd be willing to believe that very specifically Gimmick Exa accounts for this, but that's more because the guy behind it is likely very specifically accounting for this, and not out of some weird sense of "respect" for a source material that is an unreliable narrator.

CRT fetishists are never to be trusted. Less lag and proper blacks are one thing, but they are entirely wrong about this, and no amount of Capcom games (one of the great exceptions) can prove otherwise. This is a topic that needs serious research instead of blindly worshipping the almighty tube.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
alamone

Post by alamone »

Despatche wrote: Not quite. The problem is that a lot of older games simply don't have art that is actually meant for a regular TV or monitor. There are countless examples of games where obvious circles are ovals, where projectiles bend and warp around what would otherwise seem to be some invisible quirk in the game's physics, where characters are "squashed" compared to actual artwork or just literally all sense of design, etc. Sadly, it's all very similar to how the public loves to stretch 4:3 games to 16:9 and pretend there's zero issue. The end result is that the absolute vast majority of older games would be best served by taking the exact square pixel look and then adding more viewing area around it, to get actual 4:3. Which, honestly, is basically how the 320 Mega Drive games work, give or take a few horizontal lines which don't skew the picture nearly as much.

I'd be willing to believe that very specifically Gimmick Exa accounts for this, but that's more because the guy behind it is likely very specifically accounting for this, and not out of some weird sense of "respect" for a source material that is an unreliable narrator.

CRT fetishists are never to be trusted. Less lag and proper blacks are one thing, but they are entirely wrong about this, and no amount of Capcom games (one of the great exceptions) can prove otherwise. This is a topic that needs serious research instead of blindly worshipping the almighty tube.
I'm not quite sure I understand your argument here. At the time of development for these games (80s and early 90s), LCDs didn't even exist yet, or were prohibitively expensive. Everyone used CRTs, not just for gaming, but for development, programming, making art, etc. As a result, the developers would be testing their games on a CRT, which would show their game in 4:3 aspect ratio. Why would they design their art assets to display incorrectly in the development environments they use? It's not a matter of being a "CRT fetishist", it's just that everyone used CRTs at the time.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

The issue here is that when hardware used a resolution that didn't result in a perfect native 4:3 ratio things would get stretched slightly. Take a random arcade hardware like Taito F3 for example. It gets stretched by about 5% vertically to fill out a CRT. Developers were very inconsistent in how they handled this. Sometimes art would be adjusted so it looked correct (squares are squares, circles are round etc) once stretched to 4:3. Sometimes artists wouldn't account for this at all. Sometimes art within the same game could go either way with only specific objects like a large moon or power up getting adjusted to remain a perfect circle.

I don't agree with Despatche's solution of adding in extra viewable area to reach 4:3. I think it's best to leave native resolution as intended and provide both 4:3 and 1:1 square pixel scaling options. Let the player decide which they prefer for a given title.
alamone

Post by alamone »

Rastan78 wrote:The issue here is that when hardware used a resolution that didn't result in a perfect native 4:3 ratio things would get stretched slightly. Take a random arcade hardware like Taito F3 for example. It gets stretched by about 5% vertically to fill out a CRT. Developers were very inconsistent in how they handled this. Sometimes art would be adjusted so it looked correct (squares are squares, circles are round etc) once stretched to 4:3. Sometimes artists wouldn't account for this at all. Sometimes art within the same game could go either way with only specific objects like a large moon or power up getting adjusted to remain a perfect circle.
OK, sure if the resolution is "almost" 4:3, then maybe the artist/designer will be lazy and treat it as 4:3 regardless, since the difference is minor. But when the "native" resolution has an aspect ratio of 1.0666:1, or almost square, I would think it becomes pretty obvious to the artist/designer that they have to account for the stretching of the assets so they look correct on a 4:3 TV or monitor. Of course, some developers might not care about their assets getting stretched, but in the case of Gimmick I highly doubt that's the case.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

alamone wrote:I'm not quite sure I understand your argument here. At the time of development for these games (80s and early 90s), LCDs didn't even exist yet, or were prohibitively expensive. Everyone used CRTs, not just for gaming, but for development, programming, making art, etc. As a result, the developers would be testing their games on a CRT, which would show their game in 4:3 aspect ratio. Why would they design their art assets to display incorrectly in the development environments they use? It's not a matter of being a "CRT fetishist", it's just that everyone used CRTs at the time.
Yet so many games are subject to this problem. It's not just a handful of exceptions that stand out, it's nearly every single NES, PC Engine, SNES, and 256 Mega Drive game ever made, plus countless arcade games that use strange internal resolutions. Are you about to tell me that this is consistently how dozens of developers intended things to look and feel? Please don't, everyone else tells me that, even as their precious Capcom games prove them wrong. It's abundantly clear that there's a mismatch between the tools developers were using and the display devices that these games are getting broadcast on.

Here's a wonderful example of a dev doing it wrong and a dev doing it right:
- Thunder Dragon 2 is a game that MAME reports as running at the bizarre, yet oddly common resolution of 384x224. Coincidentally, this is the resolution that Capcom games also commonly used. When you actually try to play TD2 at regular old 4:3, everything feels wrong. This is not me "getting used" to anything, you can look at this yourself: the shape of damn near every sprite looks squashed, bullet trajectories look wrong, movement feels wrong, etc etc.
- But then you have Ketsui and all those PGM CAVE games. Same resolution, still all vertical shmups, except the exact opposite is occuring. When you try to play these games at pixel aspect, pretty much everything looks and feels completely wrong except maybe some UI elements, and at that point you can actually write those off as a small aesthetic quirk. This is what Capcom games do, and every single time I try to bring this topic up, those same Capcom games are held up as the last bastion of that weird CRT dogma.

It really is a religion, I cannot understate that. The language these people use when talking about CRTs is just not right.

That aside, computers had CRTs for a long time too, and you could get square pixels on at least some major platforms going back pretty far into the '90s. This has nothing to do with LCDs at all.
Rastan78 wrote:I don't agree with Despatche's solution of adding in extra viewable area to reach 4:3. I think it's best to leave native resolution as intended and provide both 4:3 and 1:1 square pixel scaling options. Let the player decide which they prefer for a given title.
For what it's worth, when I said this I was referring to something like a remaster. If I were to make a remaster of something like, say, Thunder Dragon 2, I would absolutely use pixel aspect as a baseline for understanding how things are supposed to look. And then you have things like USAAF Mustang, which uses the same 256x224 resolution that all those old consoles were using, and it could easily be turned into a 320x224 game (that's the Mega Drive's better video mode) with very little effort. Fire Mustang is almost certainly still a 256x224 game because they were just trying to keep development simple. The end result is that absolutely no changes to viewpoint were necessary, and thus none were made. I'm pretty sure that game is even closer to the source code than the Toaplan ports, yet Fire Mustang has a surprising number of changes. As far as I know, it's the only Mega Drive game NMK ever did; most non-arcade NMK stuff is NES and Game Boy.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

@alamone You might be surprised how much stuff that has an almost square aspect didn't account for the stretching. Even major first party stuff like Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island on SNES all the art looks elongated. Still I like how they feel at 4:3. Squares looking perfect isn't everything. If it looks and feels good to the individual player that's what matters IMO.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Just a helpful pointer - If you're gonna make a 30+ minute video about some point, you need to be completely upfront about what that point is so that you have people's interest. Don't make them wait.
Spending over 5 minutes prefacing who you are, your relation to this and that etc. isn't gonna be interesting to people who have no idea what you are going to say anyway. At the very least just start out saying "I think <this thing> is <like this>, and now I'm gonna tell you why".

In general, if you want to make a point, trying to be short, concise and efficient about it is much, much more important than trying to cover your ground and address every single little detail. It's an art form that I obviously aren't great at either - but especially if you're making a video it's essential.
alamone

Post by alamone »

Sumez wrote:Just a helpful pointer - If you're gonna make a 30+ minute video about some point, you need to be completely upfront about what that point is so that you have people's interest. Don't make them wait.
Spending over 5 minutes prefacing who you are, your relation to this and that etc. isn't gonna be interesting to people who have no idea what you are going to say anyway. At the very least just start out saying "I think <this thing> is <like this>, and now I'm gonna tell you why".

In general, if you want to make a point, trying to be short, concise and efficient about it is much, much more important than trying to cover your ground and address every single little detail. It's an art form that I obviously aren't great at either - but especially if you're making a video it's essential.
I agree that the video could probably use some editing. This was my first video of this type and it was more of a stream of consciousness type of thing. That said, I did pin in the comments a link to the written summary if you didn't want to sit through the 30+ minute video. I'm not expecting this video to go viral or anything, I just wanted to provide a counterpoint to MarkMSX's video, which people were kind of taking as some sort of gospel with regards to Exa.
Steven

Post by Steven »

I can't stand that dude and I have no idea how anyone else actually can. Him deleting your thing doesn't surprise me.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

To be fair youtube probably automatically deletes comments with links bc of spam and self promotion etc. Then the person with the channel would have to notice that a comment was blocked, realize it wasnt spam, and specifically allow it to be shown. So yeah he could've wanted it removed, but it might be jumping the gun to read some kind of sinister intent without actually knowing.
alamone

Post by alamone »

Rastan78 wrote:To be fair youtube probably automatically deletes comments with links bc of spam and self promotion etc. Then the person with the channel would have to notice that a comment was blocked, realize it wasnt spam, and specifically allow it to be shown. So yeah he could've wanted it removed, but it might be jumping the gun to read some kind of sinister intent without actually knowing.
Probably? What's your basis for this? The comment was submitted and visible for at least an hour or so, and was taken down shortly after. I never received a message from Youtube that my comment was against their policies. I have to conclude that it was not automatically moderated but manually deleted.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

https://jamesmcallisteronline.com/links ... -comments/

This gives a rundown on it including why a post might appear after you post it but not actually be public yet. I mean I don't have a horse in the race, so I'm not going to bend over backwards to defend him. Sure he likely could've deleted it. Just saying I'm not ready to go get my pitchfork just yet.
alamone

Post by alamone »

Rastan78 wrote:https://jamesmcallisteronline.com/links ... -comments/

This gives a rundown on it including why a post might appear after you post it but not actually be public yet. I mean I don't have a horse in the race, so I'm not going to bend over backwards to defend him. Sure he likely could've deleted it. Just saying I'm not ready to go get my pitchfork just yet.
I can understand holding links to external sites for spam prevention. But this was a direct link to another Youtube video. As written in that article, there's less incentive for Youtube to be policing those links, as to the contrary they would likely rather encourage user engagement on their own platform.

If it was held in queue for manual approval, I would still be able to see my comment. However, I don't see it. Therefore, again, I have to conclude that it was manually deleted by the video owner.
system11

Post by system11 »

Mark's video made some good points (primarily around the logistics of updates) but there was a lot that was wrong there too. Back to the actual topic...

I got Batsugun EXA, it totally retires the PCB - this is the definitive version. Remixed OST is really nice, EXA mode is cool, it cost less than the PCB sold for.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
VxD

Post by VxD »

Batsugun exA Label is sick fun. It's all I want to play nowadays. Graze to gain experience, bomb to turn bullets on screen into score items whose value is multiplied by your graze counter. And the more you graze, the more bombs the game gives you.
Keep the bomb button pressed to chain bombs and rake in more points. Bombs go brrrr, medals go *kaching*, it hits the monkey brain just right and feels very very satisfying.

(Still playing at least one Aka&Blue credit a day until I beat the TLB. I'll get it eventually.)
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

Anyone have any screenshots of how Batsugun exa or any other exa game looks on a CRT? Seriously considering a purchase if I can get it running full-screen on a New Net City.
A camel is a horse designed by a committee
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

thchardcore wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:59 pm Anyone have any screenshots of how Batsugun exa or any other exa game looks on a CRT? Seriously considering a purchase if I can get it running full-screen on a New Net City.
https://twitter.com/detsusama/status/16 ... 6517847043