EXAーARCADIA [New Arcade Platform/Publisher]

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
legolas119

Re: EXAーARCADIA [New Arcade Platform/Publisher]

Post by legolas119 »

Arino wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:24 am
legolas119 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:25 pm hi, i just discovered ex-Arcadia games. Some of them it seems that aren't available on others systems...so the only way to play them is to buy the expensive arcade board and then the expensive games? I don't have a cabinet so i canìt play them in any case. For example Axel City 2, is it available on different system?
thanks
Don't get them mixed up. A lot of games on EXA have new exclusive modes that are only on EXA. It would be lame otherwise to release an indie game on a new arcade hardware that had already been on Steam for years.

Some people just buy them if they want an exclusive that's only on EXA so far and if they are sure they want to dedicate a lot of time to that version. For instance, someone told me he bought it for that EXA exclusive version of Akai Katana because he really likes the game and will put hundreds or thousands of hours into it and play nothing else, so for him it's worth it.
Btw also from what I've heard, IIRC, what some people do is they only get the mobo and then you can hack it and get all games for free basically, illegally. Only the mobo by itself is still expensive though.

I wonder what will be new about Air Gallet!
thanks. I hope Axel City 2 will be released on different system...
Arino

Post by Arino »

legolas119 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:17 pm
Arino wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:24 am
legolas119 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:25 pm hi, i just discovered ex-Arcadia games. Some of them it seems that aren't available on others systems...so the only way to play them is to buy the expensive arcade board and then the expensive games? I don't have a cabinet so i canìt play them in any case. For example Axel City 2, is it available on different system?
thanks
Don't get them mixed up. A lot of games on EXA have new exclusive modes that are only on EXA. It would be lame otherwise to release an indie game on a new arcade hardware that had already been on Steam for years.

Some people just buy them if they want an exclusive that's only on EXA so far and if they are sure they want to dedicate a lot of time to that version. For instance, someone told me he bought it for that EXA exclusive version of Akai Katana because he really likes the game and will put hundreds or thousands of hours into it and play nothing else, so for him it's worth it.
Btw also from what I've heard, IIRC, what some people do is they only get the mobo and then you can hack it and get all games for free basically, illegally. Only the mobo by itself is still expensive though.

I wonder what will be new about Air Gallet!
thanks. I hope Axel City 2 will be released on different system...
There is definitely a chance I guess :) However there are already a million other great fighting games so I'd just play something else in the meantime ;)
Nomax

Post by Nomax »

English/French live stream about the exA-Arcadia today at 21:00 CET (20:00 UK time): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbua-2_UqU0

Featuring: Gemu Oni (Life is a Video Game), Adam Pratt (Arcade Heroes) and Mackie (exA-Arcadia).