RQ: raiden fighters 2

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
sven666

RQ: raiden fighters 2

Post by sven666 »

how do i acces all the ships?

on screenshots i can see a whole other row of ships that i dont have in my game?
code? dipswitch?
:?
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

I believe these are unlocked by eiither time or total credits. When I bought mine all of the ships were unlocked already, and unlike RF1, there doesn't seem to be a menu option to unlock the extra ships. Someone else might have a better answer to this. In the meantime, the secret ships are also selectable through various combos. A list can be found at this site:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/code/564337.html
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

They will all be unlocked over time but in stages. The technique I used was to just leave the PCB powered on all the time even when I wasn't playing. Just unplugged the sound and monitor. Yeah, that's a pain to do and I'm not even 100% sure that's what was responsible for unlocking the ships, but I do have them all now. You might also try feeding tons of credits.

First you will get the Hell Diver. Then later the Raiden mkII and Judge Spear. By this time all the codes will work except I think the Dark Sword. I could not get even the codes to work on my PCB in the beginning. In the last stage all remaining fighters will become available including Blue Javelin, Raiden mkII Beta, Miclus and Aegis IIc.

I'm still waiting to see how long it takes to get the different game modes on the JPN PCB. Looking forward to using the Special mode (Boss Only) to practice my boss bullet scraping techniques.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

i have the JPN version too.. maybe the battery is out or something, perhaps a good idea to change it beforehand so i dont leave my PCB running for ages in vain?

i cant get any of the codes to work neither. :(
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

sven666 wrote:i have the JPN version too.. maybe the battery is out or something, perhaps a good idea to change it beforehand so i dont leave my PCB running for ages in vain?
That's a good idea. I wish I would have done that myself since now I'll have to start over if my battery dies. You should be able to tell if it's still working though if the all-time high scores are still saved under the master of ships screens.

I was maybe going to start a high score thread for the single loop JPN version. Would you be interested in posting? If there's at least one other person playing the game I'd say that's enough to start the thread.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

no highscores saved (seeing as its the JP version there ought to have been some massive ones, too bad :()

sure im up for some highscore chasing on thisone :)
(gotta leave t on to get the ships, might aswell play it :P )
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Okay, new high score board is up. Just remember your board will not save regular high scores even after the battery is working. Only the master of ships screen shows old high scores after the system is powered down.

sven666: if you come up with any other gameplay questions etc. about getting the micluses, fairies, destroyed at a time etc. feel free to ask here and I should be able to help you out.
D

Post by D »

I'd like to remind you that you can disable the high score save feature.
You can input your name and it will only be saved as long as the pcb is on. Once you turn off the pcb and back on again all high scores are gone.

So when you get a new pcb, check for this setting.

I just wrote this to let everybody make sure that their battery might not be dead.

You probably allready know this.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Rastan78 wrote:I'm still waiting to see how long it takes to get the different game modes on the JPN PCB. Looking forward to using the Special mode (Boss Only) to practice my boss bullet scraping techniques.
:oops: Oops, actually special and expert modes are accessed by changing a setting in the test menu rather than by time release. Working on a no miss no bomb run of special mode just to really get familiarized with every single boss pattern. Then maybe I can begin work on milking anything other than the stage 1 and 2 boss.