NetTV DTV34x monitor

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
korpse413

Re: NetTV DTV34x monitor

Post by korpse413 »

Hey whats up man, yeah still no remote. I was holding out for an ebay coupon but I don't think they do those anymore and prob esp not in this brave new covid world :( I'll prob snag one soon. What did you need me to do? Jot down my default settings or something? I can try and do that with the face buttons if you want. Also, don't get rid of it! I saw you over on the subreddit :P
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

korpse413 wrote:Hey whats up man, yeah still no remote. I was holding out for an ebay coupon but I don't think they do those anymore and prob esp not in this brave new covid world :( I'll prob snag one soon. What did you need me to do? Jot down my default settings or something? I can try and do that with the face buttons if you want. Also, don't get rid of it! I saw you over on the subreddit :P
I was trippin', lol. I actually talked to a guy with a MegaView (more or less the only thing I'd trade it towards, or a huge NEC XM) a little earlier, but he's looking to DOWNSIZE and not gather more massive toobs :P

You don't need to do anything, I was just wondering if you knew of some factory reset trick. I spent a long-ass time today fixing up my geometry and shit looks pretty good again. When I eventually open the thing up and do Mike's mod / fix the cold solder joint(s) I will take care of convergence issues too. I'll tell you this, beware of the Parallelogram setting for geometry adjustments! lol

Have you been using the thing regularly at all since you got it? Mine is getting lots of love, the lack of an internal processor/scaler (as it's really a monitor first, TV second) is so amazing! Lag-free ( <~ well, more or less ) 720p action via the GBS8200, so sickeningly sweet!
korpse413

Post by korpse413 »

Haha its all good, I was joking around. I'd potentially trade for same thing, tho I think with the moffit mod these can be contenders to the Megaview / NEC sets.

I haven't been using this one as much as I should. I recently snagged a Toshiba 27AF44 and was going to attempt a mod from a helpful youtube vid by SegaHolic. The production of his vids are pretty sweet, I recommend. Decent consumer sets during this covid thing see to be everywhere now that people are infinitly cleaning out their homes. It's not helping my (bad) habit of taking in new tubes... lol
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

korpse413 wrote:Haha its all good, I was joking around. I'd potentially trade for same thing, tho I think with the moffit mod these can be contenders to the Megaview / NEC sets.
The specs are incredibly close, I think those other monitors can go just the tiniest bit higher. These babies have Toshiba tubes in them, which are essentially the same league as NEC and Mitsubishi. I guess I lust over the hype and sleek looks of those other sets, but these are basically just as good - just need that easy-looking mod our wonderful Mike M. figured out to fully contend!
fuchi_jeg

Post by fuchi_jeg »

Fyi for anyone looking for one of these. I was perving on arcade parts on facebook marketplace and there is a 34" nettv with vga and component for sale in Wisconsin for $50.
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

fuchi_jeg wrote:Fyi for anyone looking for one of these. I was perving on arcade parts on facebook marketplace and there is a 34" nettv with vga and component for sale in Wisconsin for $50.
Oh wow, the units with component are rare. Literally never seen a picture of a real one! Link?
fuchi_jeg

Post by fuchi_jeg »

The link wont post. Search nettv on Facebook marketplace. Elkhorn Wisconsin as location.
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

fuchi_jeg wrote:The link wont post. Search nettv on Facebook marketplace. Elkhorn Wisconsin as location.
I managed to find it, lol. I talked to the guy a bit, even xD

I hope someone from here/a CRT group gets it, the things are so dope!
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

My buddy helped me do the 15kHz RGB mod, we went for BNC rather than DE-15. Thanks so much for the guide, Mike!

https://scontent-bos3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5F0AD6D7

https://scontent-bos3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5F096A95

https://scontent-bos3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5F0AE6B7
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

Nice monitor!
A camel is a horse designed by a committee
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

that screen looks really great. congrats
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

kitty666cats wrote:
fuchi_jeg wrote:The link wont post. Search nettv on Facebook marketplace. Elkhorn Wisconsin as location.

It might be gone now. I wanted to go ogle it but could not find it.
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

Steamflogger Boss wrote:
kitty666cats wrote:

It might be gone now. I wanted to go ogle it but could not find it.
Somebody got it, they posted in the CRT Discord. I've gotta hound 'em for pics of it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, disaster struck last night and the monitor fell off my cabinet face-first onto the floor, and also knocked over my A/V rack with all my processors/transcoders/switcher/modded consoles/VCR/LD player.

The monitor still turns on, the screen is a bit scratched now though. Today is essentially going to be dedicated to doing damage control and seeing which of these belongings I've spent years amassing and enojying are FUBAR and which are still okay.

Just my luck.
korpse413

Post by korpse413 »

Excellent work!! Do you happen to have pics of the wire work, etc? When I 'eventually' get to mine someday I may reach out to you and Mike for handholding lol. Mikes guide is great as a starting point, but I literally just need a visual indicator of exactly what and where to solder. With his colored line traceouts I remember getting confused because it seems like a daisy chain of the same wire, is this expected?

Really sorry to hear about the fall... hope everything works fine. Luckily most hardware in our hobby is built like tanks
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

Update:

Monitor is working fine (and the scratches on the screen were all extreme surface-level that I cleaned away - moreso 'marks' than scratches), as well as my consoles etc. This is not only a testament to the awesome durability of these monitors, but also the damn fine work of my buddy who modded it!

BTW, I forget if I or anyone else has gone over this in the thread - the subwoofers are INSANELY powerful and the speakers are amazing. I've never cranked it up farther than, like, 40% of max volume. It's already deafening and the subwoofers shake my average-sized bedroom at that level. 100% is probably some straight up DragonBall Z shit!
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

korpse413 wrote:You can adjust them for the SD inputs, but for that you need to enter service mode. You do this by holding down the power button, pulling he plug, and then reinserting the plug (all with the power button still held down). The service menu will then appear where you can adjust all sorts of L337 shit.
Hey, did you ever try this? Not working for me...
korpse413

Post by korpse413 »

kitty666cats wrote:
korpse413 wrote:You can adjust them for the SD inputs, but for that you need to enter service mode. You do this by holding down the power button, pulling he plug, and then reinserting the plug (all with the power button still held down). The service menu will then appear where you can adjust all sorts of L337 shit.
hmm well i'll be damned... it works! swore i tried this back when original making this thread... (wow 3 years ago). Now I def need to source one of those remotes!

so what I did was plug the tv into a power strip with an led on/off switch and used that instead of ripping out the cord, cause these beauties are thicc, could barely get my arm around her
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

korpse413 wrote:
kitty666cats wrote:
hmm well i'll be damned... it works! swore i tried this back when original making this thread... (wow 3 years ago). Now I def need to source one of those remotes!

so what I did was plug the tv into a power strip with an led on/off switch and used that instead of ripping out the cord, cause these beauties are thicc, could barely get my arm around her
Hmm, maybe I have to do it with it set to composite and not the new RGBS mode... though the OSD appears on either, regardless! I'll hopefully figure it out!
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

My friend helped me with the bad solder, shit's running great now! Because of the 15kHz RGB mod, I've now got a 240p-720p/1080i lagless (no internal scaler, separate boards for the VGA inputs) beast!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC2OO5nF8rh/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CC2OTGBltel/

^ Here's some 720p RGBHV PS2 action via GBScontrol, crossposted from GBS thread

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBt_As8FkYQ/

^ And here's some glorious 240p RGBS Saturn
Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

Sweet Monitor man.

Any chance I can see some some full scanlines from the OSSC on your set?

Whats the highest Integer your TV accepts from OSSC.
Copyright 1987
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

Hoagtech wrote:
Sweet Monitor man.

Any chance I can see some some full scanlines from the OSSC on your set?

Whats the highest Integer your TV accepts from OSSC.
I got rid of my OSSC, I prefer GBScontrol! The scam-lines in GBSC are pretty good, but currently only work on sources that were originally 240p to begin with(?)

Mini-SLG is an awesome affordable scanline generator, SLG3000 looks rad but OOF so much $
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

I play vidya on this thing often, but it's seriously a beaut when it comes to actual video content -

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDC5iLOFzD3/

^ KODI on my Pi 3B+ @ 1024x768

Wish these monitors were more readily-available, they're right up there with the Mitsubishi and NEC presentation monitors... except these also have amazing speakers!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDCjoozFyNw/

^ check that one out w/ nice speakers or headphones. The subwoofer is a monster! I can't turn the thing up past ~33% volume before the room starts shaking, heh
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

Hey Korpse, I found a spare RC-119D in the SUV I used to pick mine up earlier this year! Do you want it? PM me if so - maybe we could do some sorta fun little trade (I’m looking for a thicc S-Video cable, or if you have a spare female SCART to BNC+audio I could mail this to you plus PayPal ya some $$$!)
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

@korpse413

Have you tried feeding yours 1080i via a HDMI to VGA? Mine can rock PS4’s 720p mode through my Portta HDMI to VGA, but 1080i gets greyed out. Curious whether it’s an odd frequency from the PS4 that isn’t quite right for the Sampo, the HDMI DAC, or perhaps the Sampo not actually supporting 1080i at all (pretty sure I read it does)!

Time to bust out good ol’ PowerStrip on my old Windows 7 desktop

P.S. here guys have some more content of the monitor in action!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGoqoILFUES ... yca909vexr
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGQxcLZF1sv ... tc0oegjep0
https://www.instagram.com/p/CE-xx3Ylitq ... 63g5u2ox09
https://www.instagram.com/p/CE-sglelMGO ... tflj2je08d
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEYGOFClHLh ... 0ypu1lgk6a
^ insane speakers in action
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEP435_lG45 ... oqhij5103l
korpse413

Post by korpse413 »

Nice! I still need to mod mine haha. And no I haven't picked up that remote yet. I'll take a look around work, I come across random A/V stuff from time to time. I stumbled upon a few BNC to DB9 cables or viceversa (i forget the direction / genders on em) that are on the small side. I'll keep you posted on svid

Those photos / videos are sweet. That YuYu game would've been awesome to play back when I discovered it as a young lad when it was on Toonami if it was ever localized. It was on the Genesis (Megadrive) only right? Also, start unlocking all those characters in MvC2 !! :P
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

korpse413 wrote:That YuYu game would've been awesome to play back when I discovered it as a young lad when it was on Toonami if it was ever localized. It was on the Genesis (Megadrive) only right?
Yeah, MegaDrive in Brazil and Japan. Developed by Treasure, so it’s got HOT FIRE gameplay, graphics & music. I pray to one day wrangle up 3 other people, but in a wee bit of time to learn the controls/moves adequately, and have a 4-player MASSACRE! 8)
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

That NetTV looks amazing. Best geometry I have ever seen on a tube that size.
A camel is a horse designed by a committee