A new shooter game that revives some arcade classics

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Jacowaco

A new shooter game that revives some arcade classics

Post by Jacowaco »

Hi everyone!

I've always been a fan of the old games, and i have always loved shoot em ups, in fact the first game i ever programmed was a tiny simple shmup.

I studied multimedial arts and joined with a group of 5 friends to make videogames. We are all nostalgic for diferent old games but we also like cartoons and computer games, so we decided to make our own modern videogame honoring many of the games that we love.
We formed a small indie game studio and we have been working very hard for years to make games. We specialize on 2D animation and we do some work for clients to buy food while we make our own games.

We made a game called Juanito Arcade Mayhem. This is the first time we make a Steam game and we have been working on it for more than 4 years! (in between other works). I hope you like it and any feedback is very much appreciated! :)

If this isn't considered a shmup for you or this can't be posted, or you consider this spam, please delete it.

Here you can see some gifs we made, the main mechanic is based on the Super Pang, and every "world" inside the game is based on another game like Wonderboy, Donkey Kong, Kung Fu Master, Snow Bros, Pacman, Tetris and more.

It is now on Steam Greenlight, so if you liked the concept and have a Steam account and want to vote or share with your friends, it really helps. Otherwise, I would really like to hear your opinion and feedback :D

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =878256060
guigui

Re: A new shooter game that revives some arcade classics

Post by guigui »

Definitely uping this.

The gameplay video on the Steam page looks really gorgeous, and the real game into motion looks way better than the gifs you posted here, not to mention that funky 8 bit style soundtrack.
Here's the direct link to that video : https://youtu.be/q43h4WJrtUc

I also think it is a great idea to revive the Pang gameplay, but give it more punch.

Really small detail though : I fear the character does not move fast enough. Of course this requires some testing considering the number of enemies and bullets you throw at the character.
What people like : many enemies, many bullets, bosses, small hitbox, precise and fast movement.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Jacowaco

Post by Jacowaco »

guigui wrote:Definitely uping this.

The gameplay video on the Steam page looks really gorgeous, and the real game into motion looks way better than the gifs you posted here, not to mention that funky 8 bit style soundtrack.
Here's the direct link to that video : https://youtu.be/q43h4WJrtUc

I also think it is a great idea to revive the Pang gameplay, but give it more punch.

Really small detail though : I fear the character does not move fast enough. Of course this requires some testing considering the number of enemies and bullets you throw at the character.
What people like : many enemies, many bullets, bosses, small hitbox, precise and fast movement.
Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'm afraid the character doesn't move fast enought too, i think maybe we should change the scale of things, making the enemies and the character smaller so i coul add more enemies and more mess like you described.
Jacowaco

Post by Jacowaco »

Hi! After a lot of work i just published the game on Steam :)
We did a total rework of the art and it has much more elements of bullet hell in many parts, so i think many of you could maybe enjoy it.

Here is the Steam link:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/61744 ... de_Mayhem/