Gradius & Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou [Arcade/Famicom/NES]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Despatche

Re: Gradius & Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou [Arcade/Famicom/NES

Post by Despatche »

Oh right I meant to do this two years ago hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You know what? I hate table hell a lot. I'd rather just tell people to not play 90% of these versions. If anyone else wants to run this, they're free to do so. Unless people really want me to do it. Then I'll think of something. Gradius and Gradius II are absolutely getting their own threads though, this is ridiculous.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

You know what? I hate table hell a lot. I'd rather just tell people to not play 90% of these versions. If anyone else wants to run this, they're free to do so. Unless people really want me to do it. Then I'll think of something. Gradius and Gradius II are absolutely getting their own threads though, this is ridiculous
Haha I can understand that. As a completionist I like it when every version is registered, plus it gives an incentive for everyone to post their scores for whatever version they play but yeah it requires more efforts. If you want I'd be ok to take back the Gradius rankings after I check the guidelines on how to run a leaderboard, do automated tables, etc :wink:
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Well the thing is that tables are not automated. Having automated tables would, in theory, make things easier, except then you're at the mercy of whoever runs the site.

After thinking about it I think I might just do these then. Partly because I said I would and I feel somewhat responsible for Perikles's threads somehow (and I will never like how that whole situation played out), partly because I want to come back to these games somewhat soonish, and partly because there are a lot of versions I want to check out and document like the MSX and X68000 versions of Gradius 1. Anyway, I will get to these in like a few hours, I promise.

Fun fact, did you know the X68000 version of Gradius 1 was meant to be that platform's killer app? It was a huge deal when it released in 1987 (!), far superior to any other other conversion of any arcade game ever released to the public before then. In fact, I'm wondering just how arcade accurate it is. It's probably different somehow, but it sure doesn't look like it is.

edit: Well here's that.

Gradius: viewtopic.php?t=70331

Gradius II: viewtopic.php?t=70333

If I'm missing anything from this thread, please let me know.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!