Mushihimesama on Steam

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Bananamatic

Re: Mushihimesama on Steam

Post by Bananamatic »

Aliquantic wrote:Is anybody else running into issues with stage 1 sprites going missing? Maniac 1.5, most commonly the stage 1 boss is just a blank, occasionally large stage 1 enemies are invisible, and restarting can result in the loading screen persisting during the stage, with the last 60 frames of bullets being drawn on top of it (it's... a little hard to describe).

Windows 10, Retina screen (full screen mode), Nvidia GT 750M, which is probably one of the more exotic configs out here :P
I just keep having the no background issue but sprites load fine
haynor666

Post by haynor666 »

It's nice that XBox360 port (yeah, version ported from console) it's finally on steam but to be playable on arcade cabinet could be DRM free.
rtw

Post by rtw »

Bananamatic wrote:I just keep having the no background issue but sprites load fine
What graphics card are you using ?
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

Haven't played in a while, but I loaded up the game and was training in stage 3 original. Game is very jittery. Is it meant to be like this?
iSanada

Post by iSanada »

Trying to get anyone who is mildly interested in shooters to pick up mushihimesama, if we can get it into the top sellers first page and getting selling well, we should be able to see more games after deathsmiles, and maybe a new shmup for steam if they are planning on going digital global releases only.
Kaede

Post by Kaede »

mastermx wrote:Haven't played in a while, but I loaded up the game and was training in stage 3 original. Game is very jittery. Is it meant to be like this?
I had this problem after the first patch released. Try going into the config file and setting the vsync option to on.

Code: Select all

vsync=1
This fixed the stuttering for me.
cul

Post by cul »

Same, activating Vsync solves every issue I have with the framerate.
I guess it's dependant on your computer and you should try both if you encounter framerate/skipping issues and stick with what works.
Shogun

Post by Shogun »

How are you guys able to play with vsync? It introduces so much delay its unplayable for me.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

An issue I have with this release is practice mode doesn't allow you to continue,
yet arcade mode is free play.

At the risk of opening that whole can of worms for the umpteenth time.. Surely that's the wrong way round :|
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Can you turn on infinite lives in practice mode? Futari let you do that, at least.

And as far as not wanting people to continue in the "real" mode goes, personally I'd say that's why Score Attack exists.
SMC

Post by SMC »

Nope, all you can do is change the game settings so you have 2 extra lives.
Mushi lets you practice from the midboss onwards though, while Futari doesn't.
donluca

Post by donluca »

has anyone tried running this on a vertical 15khz monitor?

If you set it to 240x320 (progressive, of course) does it play/look good?
donluca

Post by donluca »

No one? :(
gray117

Post by gray117 »

You either mean 640x480 31khz converted (like using an emotia inbetween) to 15hz to what we refer to as 240p but isn't actually progressive

Or somehow going for a 320x240 progressive on a 31khz monitor.

?

Can't say I've ever tried to work steam at such res :/
donluca

Post by donluca »

I mean forcing 320x240 progressive on a 15Khz monitor. (tate, of course)
Jenseits

Post by Jenseits »

donluca wrote:I mean forcing 320x240 progressive on a 15Khz monitor. (tate, of course)
+1
:D
donluca

Post by donluca »

Oh well, guess I'll try it out myself when I have time. :P
ctr

Post by ctr »

Couldn't help but notice that the banner image for Mushihimesama was changed for the Lunar New Year sale.

Last edited by ctr on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

ctr wrote:Couldn't help but notice that the banner image for Mushihimesama was changed for the Lunar New Year sale. Seems to have been the only game that did it too.

Nope, Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds on steam is this way too for its main character.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Tim James

Post by Tim James »

I guess I'm an idiot, so could someone explain the rapid shot and rapid fullauto settings I should be using in the PC version to bank child counters? I can't seem to get it to work at all.

I understand the system and I can get the child counters to 800+. Just not seeing any noticeable increase in the parent counter when I use rapid fullauto with any of the settings I've tried.
febas

Post by febas »

Dear all,

I've tried in different way to setting my PS3/PS4 JOYSTICK venom to work in the game.

I try to setting with XBOX360CE or JOY2KEY but the game doesn't recognized the stick.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Regards

FEB
FEB

Twich : shmup_feb

MUSHIHIMESAMA FANS!!
hail good sir

Post by hail good sir »

There is some bugs with the leaderboards still, the top 3 normal original scores are unobtainable numbers, maybe posted from a different game mode and never erased, and the top 5 or so for arrange mode are out of order. Just wanted to post here since I saw a Degica person reading the forums.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Aliquantic wrote:Is anybody else running into issues with stage 1 sprites going missing? Maniac 1.5, most commonly the stage 1 boss is just a blank, occasionally large stage 1 enemies are invisible, and restarting can result in the loading screen persisting during the stage, with the last 60 frames of bullets being drawn on top of it (it's... a little hard to describe).
this? https://twitter.com/elixir68k/status/677256975294468096
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
DenT4F

Post by DenT4F »

I never played Mushihimesama but I'm planning on getting started real soon.. but I'd like to get advice from you guys. Should I get Futari on 360 or this one on Steam? The reason I ask is because there's a $20 difference between the two and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Does Futari perform significantly better? Does it have more content? Is the soundtrack arguably better? These are some of the things that would make me want to pay more.. Thanks in advance :)
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

futari is better imo
it's also arguably the best shmup port on any console
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

It's been 3 months, what's the status on fixing the missing slowdown on the stage 1 Ultra boss?
SMC

Post by SMC »

It's still missing?

lol
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Dent4Face wrote:I never played Mushihimesama but I'm planning on getting started real soon.. but I'd like to get advice from you guys. Should I get Futari on 360 or this one on Steam? The reason I ask is because there's a $20 difference between the two and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Does Futari perform significantly better? Does it have more content? Is the soundtrack arguably better? These are some of the things that would make me want to pay more.. Thanks in advance :)
Futari is the sequel to this game. You should pick them both up. They are both good games.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

SMC wrote:It's still missing?

lol
We can safely bet all PC/steam ports will have the same problem.

Buy a Japanese 360 and the Cave Collection pack while you still can people, if you really want what's best after the actual pcbs.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Dent4Face wrote: Does Futari perform significantly better?
Nope.
Does it have more content?
No.
Is the soundtrack arguably better?
No.
These are some of the things that would make me want to pay more.. Thanks in advance :)
No probs.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die