DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Firehawke

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by Firehawke »

Considering G.Rev's been in the background helping with a few other projects in the last ten years (e.g. Gradius 5's engine) I don't think it's a bad thing. I don't think they'll be aiming to make large scale changes to the game, just additional DLC ship/stage content. So things should be relatively smooth.

The demo footage we saw was clearly incomplete and was missing description text but shows that things really are moving along. My best guess is that they signed the initial two package contracts, put up the poll on Twitter, and started work at basically that moment.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Dinjoralo wrote:Oooooh, more ships...

I got an e-mail form Degica about the new DLC, apparently development has shifted from Pyriamid Inc to G.Rev. That's... news? I don't know enough to tell if this is good or bad.
One possible good news about G.rev coming on board is that, considering the way they spoke on that live stream, it implies that the game will have longer-term support than first expected, and we'll probably see a few more DLCs after the upcoming 3rd and 4th waves.
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

Firehawke wrote:Considering G.Rev's been in the background helping with a few other projects in the last ten years (e.g. Gradius 5's engine) I don't think it's a bad thing. I don't think they'll be aiming to make large scale changes to the game, just additional DLC ship/stage content. So things should be relatively smooth.

The demo footage we saw was clearly incomplete and was missing description text but shows that things really are moving along. My best guess is that they signed the initial two package contracts, put up the poll on Twitter, and started work at basically that moment.
They worked on the previous DBCS DLC as well. Also, yes, that was still in dev. I don't even have access to the CAVE DLC to play around with yet. (I really want to play Deathsmiles in space).
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

qmish wrote:What demo footage?
They played a bit of a work in progress version of one of the Cave DLCs during last night's live stream.

You can check an archived version here:
https://www.twitch.tv/otakumode/v/89752517

(It starts at around 03:11:00)
qmish

Post by qmish »

Thanks! And i'm glad its on Twitch as niconico doesnt let me watch old streams usually.

As for G.Rev "mysterious DLC", i hope they'll create some new bosses too! Hope Pyramid is doing ok now, though; i hoped to see new shmup from them one day to see how they ll grow up after DB.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Looks kinda cool, though the Hyper Laser looks a bit dorkish (probably WIP).
I dig flashing bee medals destroying everything on screen with additional multipliers, though I don't know exactly how the scoring works here.
Does increasing your hit slowly increase your score multiplier? Shouldn't DFK lasers counter other lasers? What about the laser aura? Will Hypering still increase the amount of bullets enemies fire?

Also still no custom stages or bosses :evil:
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Durandal wrote: Also still no custom stages or bosses :evil:
Although that isn't likely to happen, I should point out that what was shown was clearly very much a WIP, since both the descriptions on the menu (which had the Fantasy Zone DLC text on all of Cave's tabs), and the level layouts were taken from already existing content from other DLCs.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

FunktionJCB wrote:
qmish wrote:What demo footage?
They played a bit of a work in progress version of one of the Cave DLCs during last night's live stream.

You can check an archived version here:
https://www.twitch.tv/otakumode/v/89752517

(It starts at around 03:11:00)
Ew, they turned DoDonPachi into a shitty euroshmup, with shields and absurdly big hitbox and all. I feel disgusted, and so should all of you. /s
Hopefully the "Hyper Count" at the bottom of the screen won't look that terrible in the final release.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

But there's already a DDP euroshmup, it's called DaiFukkatsu 1.5.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Touché.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Magma Dragoon

Post by Magma Dragoon »

Seriously, why just Gradius and R-Type? Why not make a full Konami Pack and a Irem pack like they're doing?Unless they're planning to do a whole Gradius pack and R-Type pack.
Image Image Image Image
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

It's good that AC mode allows assigning controllers to different player seats (e.g. Controller 2 doesn't have to be only for P2, but can be switched to P1/P3/P4).
CS mode only allows you to use Controller 1. That said, might there be any plans for a similar feature in the CS mode settings?
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

Tokyo-J wrote:PS4 version is on sale for $23.99

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ ... tent=Brand

Vita Version is on sale for $15.99

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ ... BURSTCS0US
and here i was paying for the full version a couple weeks ago. i say BS to this! dang!
SuperPang wrote:Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Kaspal,
according to economic theory that game was worth it for you back then because otherwise you wouldn't have bought it. I bet if someone waits another year or two then even bigger discounts will appear, but on the other hand, those people will need to wait a lot longer to finally play that game.
Milspex

Post by Milspex »

Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Dope
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Only one screen and two players, 3/10.

I really can't wait to have a house of mine, now, though. Thanks.
Tregard

Post by Tregard »

Are these DLCs worth it? They seem quite pricey, but that DDP ship looked like a blast and has piqued my interest.

The game is so packed with content that I've not felt the need to look at them before now, but I love the idea behind these DLCs: a mini history of shmups, transplanted into DBCS!
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Oniros wrote:Phyiscal PS4 edition in both regular and collector's edition announced at TGS stream!
Called it.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

Bonus! wrote:Kaspal,
according to economic theory that game was worth it for you back then because otherwise you wouldn't have bought it. I bet if someone waits another year or two then even bigger discounts will appear, but on the other hand, those people will need to wait a lot longer to finally play that game.
That's right. Is just that i could verywell have saved a couple bux and used them on another game hehe...
SuperPang wrote:Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
Siontis

Post by Siontis »

Hey guys, I couldn't wait for a price drop so I bought DBCS full price for my PS4. The game runs perfectly on PS4 at rock solid 60fps and I am having a blast with it! I have a question, coming from shmups like Resogun, SSDU,Geometry Wars and Score Rush Extended, I noticed that diagonal ship movement in DBCS feels awkward and lacks the smooth and fluid multi directional movement of the above mentioned titles. It is like the only way you can move the ship is up-down-forwards-backwards, any diagonal inputs feel heavy and not responsive at all. Does anybody know if this is intentional just to make dodging more difficult or is it just a really old shmup poorly optimized for current gen controllers?
Thanks in advance.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

Been out of it (games) for a while --- can anyone tell me if/how the VITA version works on a US Vita? What sort of regional tricks do I have to pull?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Physical Vita games are region-free, so no worries there - downloading digital stuff from another region is where things get tricky, since you can only have one profile at a time on a Vita.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

BulletMagnet wrote:Physical Vita games are region-free, so no worries there - downloading digital stuff from another region is where things get tricky, since you can only have one profile at a time on a Vita.
Thank you; I thought I remembered something about having to have a totally different profile on a separate memory card even for physical copies of JP region games? Am I misremembering that?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I've got a couple of physical Vita imports and they play and save just fine on the same memory card as my domestic games; redeeming DLC and the like is where it becomes more of a hassle.
yyr

Post by yyr »

Siontis wrote:I have a question, coming from shmups like Resogun, SSDU,Geometry Wars and Score Rush Extended, I noticed that diagonal ship movement in DBCS feels awkward and lacks the smooth and fluid multi directional movement of the above mentioned titles. It is like the only way you can move the ship is up-down-forwards-backwards, any diagonal inputs feel heavy and not responsive at all.
I don't have much or any experience with the games you mentioned except Geo Wars (and I don't even know what SSDU is) but I know that Geo Wars supports full 360-degree movement using an analog stick, as in, it is possible to move in any direction.

DariusBurst is like most other arcade Japanese shmups in the fact that it was designed to be played with an 8-way digital joystick. The only valid inputs are Up, Down, Left, Right, and combinations thereof. In other words, you can only move horizontally, vertically, or diagonally at a 45-degree angle.

This doesn't necessarily make things more difficult, just different. Just about 100% of shmups made for arcades over the years function in this way. For best results, you should play it either with a joystick of this type, or the D-Pad on your controller.
http://www.yyrgames.com
I exclusively make arcade-style games. Now available for Steam and Xbox =)
Siontis

Post by Siontis »

yyr wrote:
Siontis wrote:I have a question, coming from shmups like Resogun, SSDU,Geometry Wars and Score Rush Extended, I noticed that diagonal ship movement in DBCS feels awkward and lacks the smooth and fluid multi directional movement of the above mentioned titles. It is like the only way you can move the ship is up-down-forwards-backwards, any diagonal inputs feel heavy and not responsive at all.
I don't have much or any experience with the games you mentioned except Geo Wars (and I don't even know what SSDU is) but I know that Geo Wars supports full 360-degree movement using an analog stick, as in, it is possible to move in any direction.

DariusBurst is like most other arcade Japanese shmups in the fact that it was designed to be played with an 8-way digital joystick. The only valid inputs are Up, Down, Left, Right, and combinations thereof. In other words, you can only move horizontally, vertically, or diagonally at a 45-degree angle.

This doesn't necessarily make things more difficult, just different. Just about 100% of shmups made for arcades over the years function in this way. For best results, you should play it either with a joystick of this type, or the D-Pad on your controller.
Thanks for the useful reply, I really appreciate it. SSDU is Super Stardust Ultra.
Dinjoralo

Post by Dinjoralo »

There be some footage of Windia! Makes me wonder which version of Deathsmiles they're basing her on... and how close the scoring system and all that would be to DeathSmiles', since it seems like it'd need far less "adapting" than Intergray or Harrier, for example.