What are you currently listening to?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Shoryukev

Re: What are you currently listening to?

Post by Shoryukev »

GWAR - Crack in the egg!
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

The Suicide Machines - Destruction By Definition
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
rapoon

Post by rapoon »

atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Even Rude's Superabsorbent. Every other song on the album is just as good as the one in THPS.
Last edited by atheistgod1999 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

atheistgod1999 wrote:Even Rude's Superabsorbent. I heard one of the album's tracks ("Vilified") on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and loved it, so I bought the CD which is actually really rare (only two new ones on Amazon) and I don't think there's any other (even illegal) way to hear the other songs. Anyway, every other song on the album is just as good as the one in THPS.
Oh thanks. I wasn't clear on it the last time you told us.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

atheistgod1999 wrote:Even Rude's Superabsorbent. Every other song on the album is just as good as the one in THPS.
Since you already posted about other bands on the game, like Suicidal Tendencies and Goldfinger, what are your thoughts on the Dead Kennedys? I believe to be the only punk band from the 70's on the st
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

wgogh wrote:what are your thoughts on the Dead Kennedys? I believe to be the only punk band from the 70's on the st
Too calm. Their song is by far my least favorite track in the game.

Most-to-least liked songs:
Vilified
Here and Now
Euro-Barge
New Girl
Cyco Vision
Superman
Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
Committed
Screamer
Police Truck
null1024

Post by null1024 »

I'm still listening to Judas Priest's Painkiller. The album is just crazy good.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

wgogh wrote:Since you already posted about other bands on the game, like Suicidal Tendencies and Goldfinger, what are your thoughts on the Dead Kennedys? I believe to be the only punk band from the 70's on the st
Dead Kennedys are more of an eighties' band (debut album in 1980). "Second wave" of punk rock so to speak, like Anti-Pasti and The Exploited.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

wgogh

Post by wgogh »

Obiwanshinobi wrote:
wgogh wrote:Since you already posted about other bands on the game, like Suicidal Tendencies and Goldfinger, what are your thoughts on the Dead Kennedys? I believe to be the only punk band from the 70's on the st
Dead Kennedys are more of an eighties' band (debut album in 1980). "Second wave" of punk rock so to speak, like Anti-Pasti and The Exploited.
Second wave for sure, but I think they started in the second half of the 70's. Maybe that's the reason their debut sounds a little like the first bands. Also, my personal choices are the bands from the american punk (called pre-punk), before the Sex Pistols, like Stooges or the Patti Smith Group.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

I like The Ramones' "Blitzkrieg Pop" description best.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

http://dynastes.bandcamp.com/
Every album he has released sounds good, most is dark synth.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Shoryukev

Post by Shoryukev »

null1024 wrote:I'm still listening to Judas Priest's Painkiller. The album is just crazy good.
Painkiller rocks! I'm trying to cover the title track with my band, but my drummer is having a little bit of trouble with it LOL

On a side note, check out this cover if you haven't heard of it. You may or may not be into the band Death, but I think they did the song very well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quPliK3eAy4
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

omar rodriguez-lopez released his first of the upcoming 12 albums that he's releasing bi-weekly. it's all content recorded from 2008 - 2012 and I've been giving it a spin today at work. it seems like a more pop/electro-focused album than his previous stuff. I'm more excited for the darker prog album corazones to release on July 29th.

https://orlprojects.bandcamp.com/album/sworn-virgins

the full list:
Spoiler
Sworn Virgins – July 15
Corazones – July 29
Blind Worms Pious Swine – August 12
Arañas en La Sombra – August 26
Umbrella Mistress – September 9
El Bien Y Mal Nos Une – September 23
Cell Phone Bikini – October 7
Infinity Drips – October 21
Weekly Mansions – November 4
Zapopan – November 18
Nom De Guerre Cabal – December 2
Some Need It Lonely – December 16
my personal favorite of his solo work is still tychozorente
a creature... half solid half gas
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

Obiwanshinobi wrote:I like The Ramones' "Blitzkrieg Pop" description best.
Their debut is great, one of my favorite Ramones albuns along with Rocket to Russia
BIL

Post by BIL »

Shoryukev wrote:On a side note, check out this cover if you haven't heard of it. You may or may not be into the band Death, but I think they did the song very well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quPliK3eAy4
Now there's a bizarre coincidence... :o was literally just listening to some old Howard Stern TV episodes with Richard Christy, very much playing the amiable dope. Scrolled down to that Death vid's comments and there's his name! I had no idea he was such a brutal drummer, let alone that he'd featured with a band of Death's calibre. Puts a different light on those episodes, haha.

He matches Scott Travis's original performance really well there... hell, the whole band sounds great. Painkiller's intro obliterated and reconstructed my 12yo brain like something out of Cronenberg, so I don't say that lightly. Image

After many years of being recommended it, I finally got around to Type O Negative's Bloody Kisses. Always loved October Rust but being a bit of a music casual, I never really wanted more. Fuuuck it's good though. Image Like OR's crystalline, chuggy gloom trimmed down to slightly more aerodynamic form.

Bastardised it a bit by chopping out the interludes and novelty stuff ala the Digipack version, but keeping the original track order. Much better. Still, though... :lol:x1,000,000 @ KILL ALL THE WHITE PEOPLE
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Why did ska-punk die? Now the mainstream music is fucking slow-ass, autotuned dubstep. I wish I were born at the same time as BIL :cry:
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

A remixed release of Pain of Salvation's Remedy Lane came out a couple weeks ago, and I just started giving it a listen. I can't say if it's better or worse than the original, but it's different enough that I'm glad it's a thing.

Also been working through my backlog of vinyl purchases. My copy of the soundtrack to Son of Dracula is fucked pretty bad (that's what I get for buying it in South Africa, I guess) but I listened through the parts the needle didn't skip over. I purchased half a dozen or so records with tracks by Japanese DJ Nish (who has a couple tracks in beatmania IIDX and often appears with guys like Remo-Con) so that's where most of my time has gone. They're pretty good - very glad I bought them and I'm trying to make decent rips of them for convenience's sake.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Bubblegum Crisis OST is currently BLASTING in my house as I do chores :lol:

What an incredible work of art. This is one of my very favourite album of all time, all genres included

I have a sweet spot for cheesy, catchy 80's tunes, and this delivers X1000. The cheez is there and it's GLORIOUS.
Also love all the song's moods, they're cool! It's all very intense :lol: but it's well done, and you actually get into it. You get THE FEELZ man
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
BIL

Post by BIL »

atheistgod1999 wrote:Why did ska-punk die? Now the mainstream music is fucking slow-ass, autotuned dubstep. I wish I were born at the same time as BIL :cry:
I wish I was 16 again. Trust me you've got the better deal. :lol: And hey, shaweet tunes are always just a Youtube away! Relying on radio choked balls in the days of my youth! Hootie & The Blowfish still makes me reach for the rope. :[
FinalBaton wrote:Bubblegum Crisis OST is currently BLASTING in my house as I do chores :lol:

What an incredible work of art. This is one of my very favourite album of all time, all genres included

I have a sweet spot for cheesy, catchy 80's tunes, and this delivers X1000. The cheez is there and it's GLORIOUS.
Also love all the song's moods, they're cool! It's all very intense :lol: but it's well done, and you actually get into it. You get THE FEELZ man
Oh hell yes. Image MEESTAH DANDY and BICTORY are my shameless pleasures, and tbh MAD MACHINE fuckin owns. So, so good.
MX7

Post by MX7 »

Bubblegum Crisis has a pretty much perfect soundtrack, absolutely synonymous with the mise-en-scene. It used to be my go-to album to pump me up en-route to job interviews. Say Yes! is pretty much to bear song ever written, the aural equivalent of an impossibly powerful wind machine being blown in to your diaphragm while dry ice is poured in to your willing arteries.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

atheistgod1999 wrote:Why did ska-punk die? Now the mainstream music is fucking slow-ass, autotuned dubstep. I wish I were born at the same time as BIL :cry:
Just plain old Ska is enough. I used to play it bitches. Image Even saw the Skatalites still in their 'prime' and shook hands with the New York Ska Jazz Ensemble.
Not your intellectual beat but for a couple of years of my life I was completely mesmerized (ok I was high every day, but that's what being young and in a band is about).
This seems so fucking far away now, my memories of that 'best time of my life' are already fading. :cry:
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

https://danajeanphoenix.bandcamp.com/album/le-mirage
Dana Jean Phoenix's new album at last. Great synthwave pop.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

I dunno if anyone else likes early grime as well as video game music, I certainly do, but this article was just brought to you attention.

http://www.factmag.com/2016/07/27/wolve ... trumental/
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Shimizm/Toshio Shimizu - Flying Baaang! (from Art of Fighting OST, heard ingame at stage 6 "The Guardian" where you fight John Crowley)

Amazing, as expected from Last Resort's main composer. I'd even say it's the best BGM in the whole game.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Aspid - Extravasation (1992)

Out of control Russian thrash metal. Super damn good.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Immryr wrote:bird seed by whitehouse. what a fucking classic! I'd still rate seeing whitehouse perform wriggle like a fucking eel as one of the best experiences of my life.

like two geography teachers.... with their nips out.
Awesome! Really envy you for seeing that.
I knew I didn't have to dig too far bag into this thread to find something awesome. Generally though, I'm still pleased to see shmup fans have such a great taste in music overall. I'm talking about all of you.
soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

soprano1

Post by soprano1 »

http://nightstop.bandcamp.com/album/streetwalker
Cover art is sexy as fuck. Music is adequate too.
MX7

Post by MX7 »

Sumez wrote:
Immryr wrote:bird seed by whitehouse. what a fucking classic! I'd still rate seeing whitehouse perform wriggle like a fucking eel as one of the best experiences of my life.

like two geography teachers.... with their nips out.
Awesome! Really envy you for seeing that.
I knew I didn't have to dig too far bag into this thread to find something awesome. Generally though, I'm still pleased to see shmup fans have such a great taste in music overall. I'm talking about all of you.
Great album all round. Shame I never saw Whitehouse when I had so many chances, but Philip Best's band Consumer Electronics has pretty much picked up the late period Whitehouse mantel, and they're absolutely ridiculously amazing live too.