Degica Shmups Thread

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
drunkninja24

Re: Degica Shmups Thread

Post by drunkninja24 »

clippa wrote:Yeah, there are loads of games that got a physical release that require steam authentication - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_g ... entication
No real need to do it in this day and age though, it's just an unnecessary cost and pc games don't really get any shop space in games shops anymore.
I can understand collectors wanting to have something physical to sniff, stroke and put on their shelf but it's just an inconvenience for most gamers.

When I used to buy physical games that were tied to steam because they were often cheaper if you bought retail, I'd plug the code into my steam account and just sling the disk straight in the bin.
Not to mention with the size of a lot of games these days, you get cases like the new Doom in which the disc literally just contains a steam installer and nothing else
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

I have a few Steam games on disc. The two that come to mind right now are Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter and Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter. They have a Steam installer on the disc to unpack what's basically a Steam backup of the game (also on the disc).
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

AK looks fun but I'd personally like to see Futari, SDOJ and MMP/PS
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

FunktionJCB wrote:
bytestorm wrote:I wonder if the steam release of battle garegga will get a limited ed box as the ps4?
What Steam release? Has it been confirmed anywhere that it's coming to Steam?
No

The Taito Hey loketest of Garegga 2016 in October was running on Windows, and I KNEW as soon as I reported this, people would start speculating. In fact, that's exactly what happened.

In all likelihood, since it was a loketest at such a hotspot arcade, it would make sense if it were released on the new NESiCAxLive2 platform which was also announced in October, and most definitely will be making an appearance at Taito Hey.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Zen
Banned User

Post by Zen »

OmegaFlareX wrote: Future release prediction, in order: Akai Katana (this has to be next, requires no translation), Espgaluda II, Deathsmiles II, SDOJ, possibly PS/MMP (but I doubt it)?
Wow :shock: You read my mind with the fist two. I'd reverse them though. If the next Degica released shmup is Cave game, i'm gonna say Espgaluda II.
Deathsmiles II, not so much though.
defected78

Post by defected78 »

My guess is conversions of xb360 ports in house by cave so probably no chance on mushi futari.

Id love espgaluda 2 or akai katana.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Deathsmiles II, if it ever comes to PC, needs texture options. The models are fugly but with proper optimization it could look a bit better.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

Elixir wrote:[...]and I KNEW as soon as I reported this, people would start speculating. In fact, that's exactly what happened.
you have no idea how many fuckin people pestered me with "GAREGGA ON PC GAREGGA ON PC" for the past month

tired of this pc master race crap
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Van_Artic wrote:you have no idea how many fuckin people pestered me with "GAREGGA ON PC GAREGGA ON PC" for the past month

Yeah, how dare they be excited for an extremely popular and well-regarded shmup to possibly come to PC for the first time.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

The Coop wrote:
Van_Artic wrote:you have no idea how many fuckin people pestered me with "GAREGGA ON PC GAREGGA ON PC" for the past month

Yeah, how dare they be excited for an extremely popular and well-regarded shmup to possibly come to PC for the first time.
Yeah, how dare I be annoyed that literally every time a game or port is announced, it's followed with thousands of comments of "steam when? pc when?"
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

whens sdoj
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

trap15 wrote:
The Coop wrote:

Yeah, how dare I be annoyed that literally every time a game or port is announced, it's followed with thousands of comments of "steam when? pc when?"
Then ask them not to hound you every time something gets announced, since you're not their all-knowing personal source of info. And if they can't handle that simple request, block them if you're sick of them bugging you (which you and Van_Artic obviously are).
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

Technically this is completely unrelated to Degica Shmups :B
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

True, but we need something to discuss since Degica's gone silent for the moment on the shmup front :P
NickPalmerDegica

Post by NickPalmerDegica »

We're just in Stealth mode.
mdsfx

Post by mdsfx »

Bananamatic wrote:whens sdoj
^
trap15

Post by trap15 »

The Coop wrote:Then ask them not to hound you every time something gets announced, since you're not their all-knowing personal source of info. And if they can't handle that simple request, block them if you're sick of them bugging you (which you and Van_Artic obviously are).
It's not always people saying it to me. It's in twitter replies, forum threads, chat room discussion, everywhere. It's not something you can avoid.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

trap15 wrote:
The Coop wrote:Then ask them not to hound you every time something gets announced, since you're not their all-knowing personal source of info. And if they can't handle that simple request, block them if you're sick of them bugging you (which you and Van_Artic obviously are).
It's not always people saying it to me. It's in twitter replies, forum threads, chat room discussion, everywhere. It's not something you can avoid.
You could avoid it, it just depends on how rude and/or much of a recluse you want to be :wink:
Rayge

Post by Rayge »

Nick, I'm not going to ask whether or not you have more delicious shmups down the pipeline because I know you do. What I want to know is... Do you have anything original in the works? Like never released publicly kind of deal? Also, how far of a set back was the CAVE DLC for DBCS? Heard there were some issues. Also during the stream during the Tokyo Game Show the game crashed. It was being played on a laptop and it could have possibly been the same issue I had on my laptop where you have to go into services.msc and disable "touch keyboard and handwriting panel service." It's an issue that seems to still be in the game judging from a review I read from October. I wish I knew what it was called in the Japanese OS since that would probably help them figure out the problem better. It's an issue that plagues games like SFV, Naruto Ninja Storm 4, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition, and others.
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

Mushi Futanari when?
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

trap15 wrote:
The Coop wrote:
Garegga's been working fine in MAME since 2001, what's people's problem with it ?

If it's the lack of rank-o-meter someone could probably resurrect fl0w's code and add it to MAME as a diff/cheat/script whatever. It's not M2's awesomeness but heh, it's on peecee.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Xyga wrote:Garegga's been working fine in MAME since 2001
you mean the game that works without the excessive input lag in exactly one extremely unstable version of mame that randomly permanently stops working on your pc and refuses to detect my stick?
why on earth would anyone want the M2 port that actually upgrades the game that got eventually banned from arcadia due to infinite patterns to 2016 standards?
shoryusatsu999

Post by shoryusatsu999 »

Xyga wrote:
trap15 wrote:
The Coop wrote: Yeah, how dare they be excited for an extremely popular and well-regarded shmup to possibly come to PC for the first time.
Garegga's been working fine in MAME since 2001, what's people's problem with it ?

If it's the lack of rank-o-meter someone could probably resurrect fl0w's code and add it to MAME as a diff/cheat/script whatever. It's not M2's awesomeness but heh, it's on peecee.

I can think of three or four possible reasons why they'd want a PC port instead of playing it on MAME:

1. They think emulation is piracy, and they don't want to support piracy.
2. They think M2 would make it better than the MAME version in some way.
3. They don't know Garegga emulation is even a thing.
4. They think setting up MAME for proper play isn't worth the effort compared to getting a port, which would theoretically "just work."
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

won't the rev 2016 port also be considered as a separate game with leaderboards and stuff and having the internals visible will now be the standard rather than mame only cheating?
also, not requiring the silly knob for proper autofire adjusting if you're on PCB
clippa

Post by clippa »

I play games in mame a lot but I'd much rather have official versions with leaderboards on steam.

Nesica x live was recently cracked, I got akai katana up and running but just deleted it as I'd rather wait for an official pc release. I think I just wanted to see if it worked :D
Van_Artic wrote:tired of this pc master race crap
Surely that's not a thing when it comes to shmups! I'm sure little Timmy who got an alienware for joint christmas and birthday isn't thinking that the pc version of mushihimesama has "teh better graffix".
Arcade stick master race, innit?
Bananamatic wrote:randomly permanently stops working on your pc and refuses to detect my stick?
I have a stable, nagless 64 bit version of 0.164_r5260 that has dinput if that's any help. You're even more picky about input lag that I am though so I don't know if it'll be any good to you in that regard.

Anyway, I think Nick's right, we're way off topic, I'm sure degica don't want us talking about emulation.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

clippa wrote:I have a stable, nagless 64 bit version of 0.164_r5260 that has dinput if that's any help. You're even more picky about input lag that I am though so I don't know if it'll be any good to you in that regard
the same as 3.0b or worse? does anything even come close to 3.0b "lagless" (which should be whatever the PCB has+1 frame from emulation itself already?)
Rayge

Post by Rayge »

I wish that there were thousands of people begging for shmups on PC was a thing. I love seeing more people getting into this genre. It's only natural that people ask about a PC release of Feveron and Garegga since M2 and Degica have worked together before. I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting for the western release to announce the platforms.

As for emulation... If I dont own a copy of the games in any format I don't do it. I'd rather give the developer some money for their hard work. Hell I threw a couple of bucks towards se-made because I felt so guilty playing FinaBoss so much after getting it for free.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

trap15 wrote:Yeah, how dare I be annoyed that literally every time a game or port is announced, it's followed with thousands of comments of "steam when? pc when?"
Yeah, how annoying that people want certain titles on their platform of choice.
How dare they! :roll:

Really, some people are bothered by everything.

Reading a few comments here, it almost seems like I have to start apologizing for currently being a PC-only gamer.
Such hostility to other people who share the same passion for this hobby.
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

There's nothing wrong with making your interest for Gregga on Steam clear, maybe the japs will pay attention if they see enough people requesting it.

Probably not though
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

Can we get a Triangle Service Shooting Bundle without the soundtracks? I don't want the soundtracks