Nem shmup - VIGDP2

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
filami

Nem shmup - VIGDP2

Post by filami »

I have just created another production. This time is an Horizontal Scrolling Shooter in 3D featuring 1 level, a boss, per pixel light and glow.
Check it out and say what do you thinck:
http://www.scene.org/file.php?file=%2Fp ... p&fileinfo

This game was apresented first time in Inercia Demo Party 2005 and came first in gamedev compo.

Some screenies:
sniperwolf

Post by sniperwolf »

That is just gorgeous. If you don't mind my asking, what did you program it in? Any tutorials on per-pixel light and glow? I'm trying to figure it out with DX9 / C#...

Again... just... wow. That's just incredible. I bow at your feet and worship the ground you walk on. :D
How do I wrote code?
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

interesting work. i know you sort of warn those without a decent video card, but when i tried it the the 2d images (menu, hud, bullets) were sliced in half (triangle wise). also, the lighting obscures enemy motion to the point of many pointless deaths.

very good graphic work though, the only thing that kind of messes it are some of the camera tracks (like the craft is looping through a bended tunnel).
I have no sig whatsoever.
filami

Post by filami »

Thanks for the answers ppl :)
sniperwolf wrote:That is just gorgeous. If you don't mind my asking, what did you program it in? Any tutorials on per-pixel light and glow? I'm trying to figure it out with DX9 / C#...

Again... just... wow. That's just incredible. I bow at your feet and worship the ground you walk on. :D
Well...It was all developped in C++ using D3D9. Graphically, I did implemented per pixel lighting, bump mapping, per pixel specular lighting and glow.
About tutorials...well, there are a lot of tutorials around the internet. You can, however, download the program RenderMonkey from ATI. They have a lot of examples. This program is as well very goos to experiment stuff and see how things works.
About the glow effect, you have a good article in the gamasutra about that:
http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20040 ... s_01.shtml
The glow I implemented uses 7 texture lookups per pass and 4 passes (2 vertical and 2 horizontal), thats why it is so heavy even for fast computers.
but when i tried it the the 2d images (menu, hud, bullets) were sliced in half (triangle wise).
Strange!! Can you tell me what system do you have?
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

will do. i was on a school computer so i will post the specs tomorrow.
mrMagenta

Post by mrMagenta »

That looks really cool. Wish I could test it, but my laptop doesn't have a gfx card with pixelshader support, so It will have to wait a few days. I can still run it, but with severe graphic artefacts. .. anyway. Congrats on the first place. Any tips on other cool demos or games from the scene?
filami

Post by filami »

captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

hope this helps. if you need more, let me know.

Pentium 4 at 2.8Ghz
Windows XP (Service pack 2)
Quadro NVS with AGP 8x 64MB
the system breakdown says its running DirectX 9.0