Update at Japanese Gaming

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
GaijinPunch

Update at Japanese Gaming

Post by GaijinPunch »

I posted this as Digital Press too, so if you've read that post, you don't need to read this one. :)

As the title says, Japanese Gaming is finally alive again. As some people know, IGN/Gamespy was hacked in a very malicious way late last year. As a result, they disabled all CGI except PHP. As JG was originally coded in Perl, the site became impotent, requiring me to rewrite everyting in PHP. I actuallly resurrected the site a few weeks ago, and only recently got everything back in line. I have, however, made some big improvements which were released just last night.

-A graphical facelift that will surely make a few people want to touch themselves.
-Added the translation section. This is where I will translate articles and interviews. Only has 4 entries now, but will surely grow.
-New systems added to the Yahoo Japan Auction Assistant. You can now search MegaDrive, Saturn, SuperFamicom, PC-Engine (inlucding CDs and SGX games), PC-FX, and NeoGeo (Rom & CD)
-Quite a few flyers added to the flyer section
-Depending on the last time you looked, some pretty cool items in the promo section.

http://www.classicgaming.com/japangaming
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Wow! :o

You got a REALLY nice site there. I hadn't seen it before to my knowledge, but will make sure to check it frequently in the future. Especially the mini reviews are very nice! :)
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

It has some problems with Safari, though. the left bar is kind of a mess.

Still, very nice site! ^_^
X - P - B
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I'm a bit lukewarm about this site, to be honest. I love the design, but I'm not very fond of some of the game descriptions. It labelled Puyo Puyo as a simple puzzle game or something along those lines. The description of Kirby Super Star which said it has very little "sustance" annoyed me too.
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

Hey, I only thought Japan Gaming was a forum! Learn something new everyday.
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

Someone else complained to me about Safari... maybe I should download it and have a look. Not sure how a browser could mess up the sidebar though.

Thanks for the compliments... hope everyone enjoys it.

As for some of the minireviews... well, they're all opinionated if you think about it, as I've written all but a handful of them. I try to be fair though. Puyo Puyo, just about all of them, I've found to be simple puzzler games. I didn't say they were bad. And for Kirby, if you're talking of Kirby's Super Deluxe (not sure of the US title) I either missed something, blacked out, or I beat the game in like 20 minutes the first time I played it. That's not very much sustenance to me, although I do love the Kirby games.