IcyCalm is making a game..

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Casey120

Re: IcyCalm is making a game..

Post by Casey120 »

I'm gravely disappointed that Alex Kierkegaard, Philosopher and Nietzschean Ubermensch turns out to be nothing more than A. Zyrmpas , a petty, low life Ebay scammer on the run .

What a let down ............ un-subscibes from his forum :cry:
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Skykid wrote:Charging people a subscription to join the effort to make him money is farcical - as an admin he can easily enable their accounts for free.
He imposed the fee to stop "idiots" from joining his forum (at least that was his excuse). But since they just keep coming he plans to raise it even more.

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 971831.jpg

I wonder how many people paid the fee, made a single post in his forum and got promptly banned.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

So basically I have no idea who this Icycalm guy is.

Who is he, why is he so notorious? I can see from the posts in this thread he banned people from some forum or something?

What's the story?
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
Khan

Post by Khan »

If you havent read his past posts then all you need to know is hes a narcissistic asshole who craves attention.
RegalSin wrote:America also needs less Pale and Char Coal looking people and more Tan skinned people since tthis will eliminate the diffrence between dark and light.

Where could I E-mail or mail to if I want to address my ideas and Opinions?
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

He's an idiot with delusions of intelligence.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

system11

Post by system11 »

Illyrian wrote:So basically I have no idea who this Icycalm guy is.

Who is he, why is he so notorious? I can see from the posts in this thread he banned people from some forum or something?

What's the story?
I can summarise - this is an actual quote from a forum discussion on art/games:

"Second off, I don't have "theories", fagot: I KNOW, because I have studied, thought about, and comprehended the history of art better than any human being that has ever existed."

Imagine typing that and truly believing it. Behold - Icycalm.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

It may be a homophobic slur, but am I right in thinking the word is 'Faggot' with two g's?

Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Ruldra wrote:He imposed the fee to stop "idiots" from joining his forum (at least that was his excuse). But since they just keep coming he plans to raise it even more.
I think if one's actually willing to pay a fee to join Icy's forum, of all places, it's a pretty good indication that one is, in fact, an idiot.
system11

Post by system11 »

Skykid wrote:It may be a homophobic slur, but am I right in thinking the word is 'Faggot' with two g's?
It's probably just the entire rest of the world who are wrong.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Love how Recap comes up by the second line. Some of these guys like Icy and Recap are legendary dipshits across the internet. I expect these guys' names to come up in this wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2 ... ger_effect

That said, getting people to pay money for your self-adulation forum, maybe he's fucking brilliant!
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
manatworks

Post by manatworks »

Money:
As regards the financial issue, there will not be any money changing hands on this project for a very long time. However, money WILL eventually come into the equation — either in the form of a major publisher taking us on and funding our project (the preferred solution, since as every real gamer knows the best games are always funded by the biggest publishers), or of an eventual Kickstarter campaign, or Steam Early Access, or episodic release of the game via Insomnia's online store, with each chapter funding development of the next one. All of this will be discussed in the game's forum at the appropriate time, as will the issue of compensation for the various contributors. The more, and the more valuable, your contributions end up being, the bigger the slice of the pie you will eventually receive.
The big prize though will always be the work itself — making NOW, what is BOUND to be made by someone at some point. Giving a swift kick to the present, and propelling it that little bit faster into the future. Creating art history, and showing the rest of the world how great art is made. With unbounded ambition, and unfettered enthusiasm.
But above all with a fuckload of talent and a crapload of resources. Which is where you come in.

so, you give me work for free first and i will pay later???
fuck that, i've got so many offer like that and most of them went to hell almost next month right away.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Ha I knew there would be a thread here, he makes for great entertainment.
manatworks wrote:
fuck that, i've got so many offer like that and most of them went to hell almost next month right away.
I'm surprised I thought devs like you would be falling over yourselves for a chance to work with the great Icycalm? the fact he spent the last 5 years shitting on indie devs would be water under the bridge? no.

That said I would be interested in seeing in what form an Icycalm game would be. No doubt it wouldn't live up to the standard of his own critique, that's probably why most critics stay the hell away from producing their own work as it undermines the foundation their ivory tower is built upon.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Fagot = "a bundle of sticks or twigs bound together as fuel."

-1 Alex Kierkegaard

Plz ban yourself.

No_not_like_Quake

Post by No_not_like_Quake »

This guy still exists?
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Last edited by Udderdude on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Last edited by Udderdude on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
drauch

Post by drauch »

manatworks wrote:
Money:
As regards the financial issue, there will not be any money changing hands on this project for a very long time. However, money WILL eventually come into the equation — either in the form of a major publisher taking us on and funding our project (the preferred solution, since as every real gamer knows the best games are always funded by the biggest publishers), or of an eventual Kickstarter campaign, or Steam Early Access, or episodic release of the game via Insomnia's online store, with each chapter funding development of the next one. All of this will be discussed in the game's forum at the appropriate time, as will the issue of compensation for the various contributors. The more, and the more valuable, your contributions end up being, the bigger the slice of the pie you will eventually receive.
The big prize though will always be the work itself — making NOW, what is BOUND to be made by someone at some point. Giving a swift kick to the present, and propelling it that little bit faster into the future. Creating art history, and showing the rest of the world how great art is made. With unbounded ambition, and unfettered enthusiasm.
But above all with a fuckload of talent and a crapload of resources. Which is where you come in.

Imagine that!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Daigohji

Post by Daigohji »

I'm so glad he was banned from here.
DMC

Post by DMC »

Icycalm threads are the best! I look forward to read more about his project.
I agree, a documentary about him would be interesting!
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

manatworks wrote:so, you give me work for free first and i will pay later???

And of course, it's going to be the fault of all those "idiotic, inbred fags" who just don't understand his grand vision and couldn't get it off the ground.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
dcharlie

Post by dcharlie »

I missed the whole Recap / Icy fall out - i am sure that was utterly epic. Does anyone have the crib notes?
I'm expecting many old faces to come out of retirement for this one.
Already bulk ordering the popcorn and planning on monitoring this one go supernova within 14 days.
"I've asked 2 experts on taking RGB screenshots...."
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

It's a strange feeling when you find yourself agreeing with aspects of his message.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Formless God wrote:
the best games are always made by the largest teams — and this INCLUDES Biohazard 6
HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAAAHHAHA
HAHAHAHA

HA
The game will have enormous and labyrinthine dialogue trees — even if you have no technical expertise you can still pitch in if creating branching paths and mind-bending character interaction is something that fascinates you and you are good at
So it's a fucking visual novel?
Your forgot the best part of that quote about Biohazard 6 - "and this INCLUDES Biohazard 6 you fucking pretentious fagots with shit taste"

I didn't talk to him, when I first joined, but I did read his insane debates. He's pretty hostile. Seems like a real cocksucker.

After reading the "Icycalmisacriminal" site, I'm assuming he's just trying to rip people off again.
KAI

Post by KAI »

His fight with Recap was sooooooooooooo entertaining. I need more shit like that.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Where did that fight happen? I remember a old article of Icycalm where he was introducing Recap as the only human being that shares his mindset or something silly along those lines. Seeing those two guys fight gotta be funny.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
KAI

Post by KAI »

Icy wrote:Recap hasn't got a leg to stand on, which makes sense since we've already seen that he's a cripple
Gold.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

As usual, Icy is keeping tabs on every site on the web that's talking about his game (that includes 4chan, NeoGAF and this thread). He already showed up at NeoGAF (and got banned) so he might soon show his face over here too.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Open for preorders soon ! :D
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Ruldra wrote:As usual, Icy is keeping tabs on every site on the web that's talking about his game (that includes 4chan, NeoGAF and this thread). He already showed up at NeoGAF (and got banned) so he might soon show his face over here too.
Links? Bet the 4chan one is gone, but as usual I sit on a page of /v/ for one minute, and it's the next page the minute after.
Teufel_in_Blau

Post by Teufel_in_Blau »

GaijinPunch wrote:I don't have 40 minutes to do anything other than fist myself these days.