DoDonPachi (New Thread)

BER

Post by BER »

BR1 wrote:
Salem Witch Trials! wrote:Woo-hoo #3!

[snipped the image]

Got the extra life in 2-3 so that helped me get to 2-5.

Does anyone know the U.S. record for this? I know this isn't it, but 1st place on here is from Italy and 2nd place is from Calgary Canada, so I was very curious...

--Jason
Bernard Doria owns us all! ;) :D
I'd be surprised if I was the best DoDonPachi player in the U.S. When I played it in Dave_K.'s house, my score was only about thirty million.

I've lost sight of my goal of breaking the Type-A record, because I haven't found the time to play DoDonPachi lately. I'll try to find the time once I earn a steady income.

(Edit: snipped the screenshot)
Last edited by BER on Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
Salem Witch Trials!

Post by Salem Witch Trials! »

Hey There! Thanks for posting :) . That's too bad you haven't played lately. What's your best score ever so far? I know you've done better than 30 mil.

In other news, I almost got DDP w/ no bombs earlier. I 1-lifed hibachi up till he had like half a centimeter of life left and then choked and lost my last life ( :oops: again :oops: ). But in that run I died 4 TIMES on level 5, so I know I can probly do better soon. I've 1-life no-bombed stage 5 before, but I have a much MUCH harder time being consistent on 5 than on 6. I'll try again after class. :?

--Jason
Recent 1CCs: Metal Black, Chaos Field
Getting raped by: Dangun Feveron

Things you never hear: "Please stop sucking my dick or I'll call the police!" --George Carlin
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Salem Witch Trials! wrote:Got the extra life in 2-3 so that helped me get to 2-5.
So which version of DDP were you playing? Saturn/PSX/Mame/PCB? Also just confirming you are using default settings with no slowdown/save-states right? Very impressive for a new guy here considering you also ALL'd ESPRade last month.
Last edited by Dave_K. on Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
landshark

Post by landshark »

BER wrote: I'd be surprised if I was the best DoDonPachi player in the U.S. When I played it in Dave_K.'s house, my score was only about thirty million.

I've lost sight of my goal of breaking the Type-A record, because I haven't found the time to play DoDonPachi lately. I'll try to find the time once I earn a steady income.
I really don't understand how you guys chain in this game. I've watched a ton of replays. I can complete the first loop of the game. I **CANNOT** chain. I've only twice been able to get to the midboss of level 1 with a full chain. It's just not possible for me.

Then when I see someone chain the entire level 4/5/6 it is just complete utter disbelief.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

landshark wrote: I really don't understand how you guys chain in this game. I've watched a ton of replays. I can complete the first loop of the game. I **CANNOT** chain. I've only twice been able to get to the midboss of level 1 with a full chain. It's just not possible for me.
I think just finishing the first loop is quite impressive, still haven't done that myself, but I'm to anal about chaining and higher scores in the first couple levels I don't last that long. If you really want to improve your chaining, I suggest experimenting with Mame by slowing down the CPU and watching the GP meter closely. There is a deinate trick to knowing when to use shot v.s. laser in certain parts to keep the chain pumping through slow sections of the level.
BER

Post by BER »

Salem Witch Trials! wrote:Hey There! Thanks for posting :) . That's too bad you haven't played lately. What's your best score ever so far? I know you've done better than 30 mil.
I consider the 30-million-ish score that I obtained from Dave_K.'s arcade PCB the best.

I did get a score of 48,531,770 from MAME. But I prefer to get my scores from arcade PCBs, and I don't like to compare MAME scores to arcade PCB scores. So I don't post my MAME scores.
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
BR1

Post by BR1 »

Dave_K. wrote:
Salem Witch Trials! wrote:Got the extra life in 2-3 so that helped me get to 2-5.
So which version of DDP were you playing? Saturn/PSX/Mame/PCB? Also just confirming you are using default settings with no slowdown/save-states right? Very impressive for a new guy here considering you also ALL'd ESPRade last month.
MAME version, I suppose. ;)
BR1

Post by BR1 »

BER wrote: I did get a score of 48,531,770 from MAME. But I prefer to get my scores from arcade PCBs, and I don't like to compare MAME scores to arcade PCB scores. So I don't post my MAME scores.
I could agree with you if there wasn't wolfMAME.

With wolfMAME you CANNOT save\load, change cpu speed (or any other setting), and you can record your game so that anybody can see it.

Sounds good! :lol: :lol:
Salem Witch Trials!

Dave_K: I'm using mame32 ip98. The set-up file in my MAME folder is called wolfmameplus-98-vc. The only save-states I have ever used are to practice individual levels, like 5 and 6. But of course that's not allowed for submitting scores. All my scores are on default difficulty with the 6mil/20mil extend, no save states, and I have no idea how to make it slow down (I'm not exactly a computer expert), but I get impatient enough waiting through levels 1 through 4 to get to the really fun part. My head would explode if I ever slowed the game down. Plus, that would be cheating. But if this is an illegal MAME version or anything, then I'd be glad to record an inp on any other MAME version and post it.

Also, I'm confused about what "hibachi" is. Someone on another forum said that its the name of the true last boss. I had always thought it was the name of the level 6 boss. If so, when I said that I've "almost 1-life no bombed hibachi", i did NOT mean the true last boss. That bee thing owns the hell out of me. So please don't think I meant the bee when I said "hibachi". I meant the level 6 boss. Sorry for any confusion.

Also, if anyone has not done this, try using save-states to get to the true last boss, and then practice it with no bombs. Its hard as hell, but after that, some of the stuff in loop 1 won't seem so hard

Things you never hear: "Please stop sucking my dick or I'll call the police!" --George Carlin
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Hibachi is the True Last boss, not the last boss of every round. She (or it? Bah) appears after 2-6...

Btw, record an .inp is the way o confirm you score, and we'll be glad to see another great DDP run :)
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

BR1 wrote: I could agree with you if there wasn't wolfMAME.
Salem Witch Trials! wrote:Dave_K: I'm using mame32 ip98. The set-up file in my MAME folder is called wolfmameplus-98-vc. The only save-states I have ever used are to practice individual levels, like 5 and 6.
Thanks for the info guys. I practice levels through save-states too so just making sure your final score runs are clean. Like Bernard, I choose to post real scores from my PCB, but if I get good enough, I'll try posting a replay via wolfMame. Salem Witch Trials (damn that is a long name) I'd be interested in watching your replay if you get a chance. Thanks!
Salem Witch Trials!

sure, ya wanna see one of getting to 2-4ish (probly can't get to 2-5 consistantly), or one of me getting to the last boss of loop 1 with no bombs?

Also, the only hosting-type thing I have is photobucket, and being that I have not much knowledge of compter stuff, could someone tell me how to compress the version of mame and the inp into a .zip file?

The only inp I have right now is trying to no-bomb the 1st loop. Its 1-life no bombs up to the last half inch of the level 5 boss's life, then I die, and then I totally go retarded on level 6, so it ended up being not a very good replay. It ends at like the 2nd pattern of the boss.

CIT

Post by CIT »

Seven Force - 25310740 - C-L - 1-6 - 285 - PS1

Score is about half a year old, was going for 1CC, but alas...

(Never once 1CC'd the game :( )
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Salem Witch Trials! wrote:sure, ya wanna see one of getting to 2-4ish (probly can't get to 2-5 consistantly), or one of me getting to the last boss of loop 1 with no bombs?
Priority goes always to the best score, in my opinion :)
Salem Witch Trials!

http://www6.rapidupload.com/download.ph ... lepath=222

Here ya go. I made the inp before I saw your post LUN. The replay is of no bombs up to the last pattern of the last boss. Sadly, no 1cc. I died in some DUMB places. Like after surviving the hardest part in stage 5, there was like 1 solitary bullet on the screen that killed me, and I died in a pretty easy part of level 4 and on the 1st pattern of the stage 6 boss (wtf). The chaining in some places is kinda crap too, but my main goal in this was just the no bombs thing. Still, I was more proud of the weaving in this run than the weaving in the 2-5 run, cuz I used bombs then. When I use bombs, and have like 36 chances to clear the screen, it feels like cheating. I know its not "cheating", but I enjoy playing w/ no bombs and making the game an extra challenge. And it saves time by not having to play through 10 levels to try and improve on previous personal records.

Anyways, that's enough of my babbling. I'll try to get an inp of 2-4 or 2-5 (with bombs) run with a decent score so I can prove that I'm not just some hacker guy making crap up.

Toodle-oo! :D

zlk

Post by zlk »

You could just zip up the inp file and say "this was recorded with wolfmame 98." The zipped inp file would be less than 100k.
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Salem Witch Trials! wrote:When I use bombs, and have like 36 chances to clear the screen, it feels like cheating. I know its not "cheating", but I enjoy playing w/ no bombs and making the game an extra challenge.
It's your challenge, but I think thata a no bomb makes more sense with a no miss! Anyway, congratz :)
Salem Witch Trials!

I know since I'm fairly new around here, someone could think I'm using slowdown or some other kind of cheating, and if anyone thinks so, that's fine. So since i guess this isn't "officially verified" yet, I'll try to get an inp of a better or close score. But for now:
I 1-life no bombed till the last 2 enemies before the last boss. I had planned it as a no bombs run, but realized that I hadn't died and decided to go for score. Totally fucked up on 2-3 though.
:D :D :D

ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Sorry, guys... I know I've been slacking off on updating the score table, but I'll try to make some time to update it as soon as possible. Bear with me here, folks. :)
Salem Witch Trials!

If anyone is bored and feels like watchin a replay of gettin to 2-3 on Very Hard: http://rapidupload.com/download.php?fil ... epath=3128 recorded w/ wolfmame 98.
Just decided to try it once. Could have done better, i just happened to be recording an inp, and didn't feel like trying it again. :)

Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Salem Witch Trials! wrote:If anyone is bored and feels like watchin a replay of gettin to 2-3 on Very Hard: http://rapidupload.com/download.php?fil ... epath=3128 recorded w/ wolfmame 98.
Just decided to try it once. Could have done better, i just happened to be recording an inp, and didn't feel like trying it again. :)
Thanks for posting both of these replays. Its nice to watch someone else's runs at it really makes me see how anal I am about collecting all bees and maintaining a chain (which is my undoing early on in the game). Your paths seem much simpiler when you don't worry about the bees....I guess it doesn't matter as long as you get over 50M by the end of the first loop you can continue to the second loop. Nicely done!

BTW is that really the english tranlation at the end of first loop going onto second loop!? It semms pretty, hacker-ish...like someone modified the rom. Saying stuff like "Psych!" and being all sarcastic doesn't seem to be very Cave like.

Oh yeah, also Very Hard setting isn't really much different than Normal, so no need to try and impress people more. :wink:
Salem Witch Trials!

Yeah i noticed that very hard wasn't much different. i had never tried it, but i just decided to check it out and record a thingy. Level 1 and parts of a few others seemed different. Some stuff if closer together and the bullets are faster, but not enough so that it makes a big difference.

I don't know if that's the real translation. Its funny as hell though. He says something about "the missing battle fleet that you leamed about". Cuz an m looks kind of like an rn right next to eachother. High quality engrish.

I used to be real anal about getting bees and restarting if i broke chains and stuff too, but the bees really don't help all that much, and I've found that on a good day I can have around 80mil just from the bomb bonus and some accidental chains if i can not die or bomb until somewhere near the end of level 6. Still, its pretty hard doing parts of 5, (especially the boss) consistently without bombing or dying. Cheers :)

captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

very nice work indeed. its refreshing to see a ddp replay that is not anal retentive about chaining and collecting the bees.
I have no sig whatsoever.
Salem Witch Trials!

Thank ye. When I'm going for score I'm usually kinda anal about chaining (heheh...chainal), that's why I prefer messing around doing stuff like no bombs or trying to 1cc the game galaga style (stuck to the bottom of the screen). Its a lot more fun not stressing out too much :wink: .

Salem Witch Trials!

Finally
No Bombs

crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

New score-

crithit5000 - 17,783,910 - A-L - 1-5 - 140 - MAME
now tighter than your sister
ArrogantBastard

Redfield1 wrote:I own a DoDonPachi PCB since few weeks, i need more practice! :)

... Redfield1 ...
Sorry. Your score doesn't count. The last digit of the score must be 0, not any other numbers.
ArrogantBastard

Updated.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

AB, what other number could that be in redfields score pic?

left is an eight, middle a zero, right a sharper zero

edit: the middle number is pulled from redfields score, if i'm wrong...
Last edited by captain ahar on Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I have no sig whatsoever.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

looks like an eight
yeah definitely he used 8 credits
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube