Lunacy Star Series High Score Entry

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Taizen Chisou

Lunacy Star Series High Score Entry

Post by Taizen Chisou »

Alright, so here's the thread for Re: Lunacy Star's demo v 0.8 and Lunacy Star Second's demo v 0.72.

I'll be compiling them into lists separated by difficulties. So please specify a shottype!

For Re: Lunacy Star scores:
1. You can use continues.
2. Please also report the Average Game Speed% or the FPS display in the High Scores table. Your score will be considered illegitimate if the value is less than 90% (45FPS) and will be marked as such in the board. Additionally, games played in Turbo Mode (>70FPS) will be highlighted in green.
3. You can signify certain stage portions like so:
Stage 1 = "1"
Stage 1 Boss = "1B"
Stage 3 Midboss = "3M"
Trial Clear = "TC"
Stage 4 1st Midboss = "4M1"
Stage 4 2nd Midboss = "4M2"
All Clear = "C"
4. Versions 0.9 and beyond will include replay functionality. Please consider attaching your replay.

For Lunacy Star Second scores:
1. You may use continues.
2. Turbo Mode scores will be ranked in the list over those played at regular speed as if the associated score was double as it was listed.
400 million in Turbo will be ranked over 600 million in Regular, but under 900 million in Regular

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Lunacy Star 0.81 and later

Beginner Mode
R=#&Name&Score&Shot&Stage&Slow&Image&Commentary

Standard Mode

Advanced Mode

Hopeless Mode
R=#&Name&Score&Shot&Stage&Slow&Image&Commentary R=1.& Pteriforever&1 941 195 970 &6D4-A & C & --.--FPS & [url=http://i.imgur.com/d05xSLw.png]Screenshot[/url]

the Second Story
R=#&Name&Score&Shot&Stage&Slow&Image&Commentary R=1.& Pteriforever&829 526 960&6D4-A & C & --.--FPS & [url=http://i.imgur.com/GxA2ERd.png]Screenshot[/url]

0.8 table: http://i.imgur.com/Z1JpZC1.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunacy Star Second

Standard Mode

Advanced Mode
Last edited by Taizen Chisou on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 35 times in total.
Taizen Chisou

Re: Lunacy Star Series High Score Entry

Post by Taizen Chisou »

I've updated the list, now, to be a table, and with a few scores from the beta testers and friends of mine.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Standard
CSF - 768,396,880 - GearB - 6

I'm guessing you removed the value cap? Pretty sure I was around 300k at the end. Pity graze still stops adding at 150k.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Taizen Chisou

Post by Taizen Chisou »

CStarFlare wrote:Standard
CSF - 768,396,880 - GearB - 6

I'm guessing you removed the value cap? Pretty sure I was around 300k at the end. Pity graze still stops adding at 150k.
I've raised them substantially.
The best means to raise PIV by far is by the use of Overdrive. It raises PIV by 20 for every bullet deleted, so long as you have less than half of the cap.

Cap = 250,000 + 150,000*(Difficulty+1) where Beginner/Easy is Difficulty = 1

Also:
Taizen - 661,088,440 - HydraA - 6 - http://puu.sh/5Dsy2.png
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Standard
CSF - 890,466,930 - GearB - C

world record(?)
Taizen Chisou

Post by Taizen Chisou »

Looks like it, heh.

My friends started getting competitive .-.

Standard:

3. Rakaasac 731 083 600 6D-4B C 49.79FPS

Advanced:
1. Taizen Chisou 1 451 811 820 HydraB C 49.66FPS

Hopeless:
2. Raitaki 1 122 532 710 6D-4B 6 49.38FPS
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Standard, HydraB, 841,030,780, clear, 100.07% FPS (don't ask me how that happened o_o)

Advanced, HydraB, 972,442,770, clear, 99.83% FPS

The Standard run was decent, I could probably do a lot better if I mess around in practice mode until I work out the best places to scorebomb. The Advanced run was kinda messy and not at all score-oriented, I think I need more practice.
Starhall || Abmneshi || Starhall 2
RegalSin wrote:The art in my opinion is quesitonable, because it looks like it relies on computer art
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Got some improvements:
Advanced, HydraB, clear, 50.07fps, 1,127,486,690

Standard, HydraB, clear, 50.06fps, 857,093,710

I also had some fun with Turbo Mode:

Standard, HydraB, clear, 75.03fps, 690,122,170

Btw, wouldn't it make more sense to put Turbo Mode scores on separate tables?
RegalSin wrote:The art in my opinion is quesitonable, because it looks like it relies on computer art
Taizen Chisou

Post by Taizen Chisou »

Well, it would, but I was anticipating receiving next to no Turbo scores. If I amass a suitable number of them, I'll erect a standalone board, but until then, it won't hurt anyone if I merge them.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Advanced
CSF - 1,073,299,630 - GearB - 6

Don't know why I can't clear this, but I'm not getting close.

What is the clear bonus on this anyway? I remember it being not bad in Standard but don't really understand what determines it. Specifically, does graze matter? I'm looking for a reason to do any grazing after stage 3 and I'm just not finding any.
Last edited by CStarFlare on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taizen Chisou

Post by Taizen Chisou »

CStarFlare wrote:Advanced
CSF - 1,073,299,630 - GearB - 6

Don't know why I can't clear this, but I'm not getting close.
You're not getting close? Is there a particular part that I might need to address, or...
What is the clear bonus on this anyway? I remember it being not bad in Standard but don't really understand what determines it. Specifically, does graze matter? I'm looking for a reason to do any grazing after stage 3 and I'm just not finding anyway.
Uh lessee

20,000,000, then
+ (Graze * 200)
+ (PIV * 20)
+ (Lives * 2,500,000) (Include the fractional part)
+ (Bombs * 500,000) (Include the fractional part)

And then
Beginner * 1
Standard * 2
Advanced * 3
Hopeless * 4.

Grazing, is worth a flat 500 per point at the time of grazing.
As of 1.0, the stage end bonus screen now has a category for Graze, where you'll get Stage * 100 points for every Graze within that stage. So I'm working at making it not too useless!
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

I probably just need to reign in some of my attempts to bomb milk and accept that some places are too risky to be running to the top of the screen for points. There's plenty of hits that shouldn't have happened in that run. I probably need to step back and see how I can best build/use overdrives as well, because the gap between what I'm at and 1.4 billion seems really big.

One thing that bugs me is the lines of 5/6 enemies that shoot grey spreads in stage 4, because they come down so low, shoot fairly fast bullets, and are invincible just long enough that I can't take care of them fast enough to manage that section.
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Not sure how I managed it, but I somehow pulled a Hopeless clear! :D
Hopeless -- ALL -- HydraB -- 50.05fps -- 1,527,126,600

I figured I might as well do a Beginner run too:
Beginner -- ALL -- HydraB -- 49.96fps -- 701,759,240

Really happy with these ^.^
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Advanced
CSF - 1,119,025,310 - GearA - 6

Last card is loooong. Got there with one bomb and an overdrive, and I think I'll probably need at least two bombs in stock for this (ideally an extra life just in case).

I'd like to clear, and have 1 bil going into the boss fight. I probably could have had a billion this time around, but I accidentally doubletapped the overdrive button earlier in the stage and wasted one. :(

I don't know if this score is because I was playing GearA or if it's just because I took a little break. I'm liking A more than I did back when I first tried it.

A couple things:
- I'm able to get spell bonuses if I deathbomb right before the boss's health runs out. I think it happened twice this run. Is this intentional?
- If I deathbomb during a stage, sometimes bullets that are not canceled will freeze in place and kind of... vibrate in place. They're still active; they can be canceled for stars and grazed. I've never tried running into one to see if they can kill me but I imagine they can.
- I got a surprising amount of slowdown on a couple of spells early in the run that I haven't experienced with GearB. I closed a couple of things I had open and didn't really have it happen after that, but I'm curious if anyone else has run into slowdown with GearA. (My AGS was 99.31% at the end, which was slightly slower than my previous entries)
Taizen Chisou

Post by Taizen Chisou »

ImageImage

I wanted to keep from bumping this until I had a reputable score.

Also, Extra, because why not.
- I'm able to get spell bonuses if I deathbomb right before the boss's health runs out. I think it happened twice this run. Is this intentional?
- If I deathbomb during a stage, sometimes bullets that are not canceled will freeze in place and kind of... vibrate in place. They're still active; they can be canceled for stars and grazed. I've never tried running into one to see if they can kill me but I imagine they can.
- I got a surprising amount of slowdown on a couple of spells early in the run that I haven't experienced with GearB. I closed a couple of things I had open and didn't really have it happen after that, but I'm curious if anyone else has run into slowdown with GearA. (My AGS was 99.31% at the end, which was slightly slower than my previous entries)
It's sort of intentional. It's a result of you getting hit, but terminating the attack before actually deathbombing. The death process happening, or the bomb being executed, before the attack is complete, will nullify the bonus. And technically getting hit and deathbombing AFTER the attack ends doesn't count.==
Yeah, that's a bug that springs from the slow-down effect that bullets undergo whenever you get hit. The game sets them to slowdown mode and doesn't ever return them to normal because it assumes that since you've been hit, you should either die, which clears the screen, or bomb, which usually clears almost all of the screen.
I'll be cutting the refresh rate on all freeform-laser-type bullet instances to alleviate the lag associated with them.
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Wow, that's amazing o_o I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to catch up to that...

I can try, though:

Hopeless -- ALL -- HydraB -- 49.98fps -- 1,796,658,160
Taizen Chisou

Post by Taizen Chisou »

You should probably be more focusing on my 1.9b score, anyway, haha. My score is as of version 1.0, which contains a fair amount of difficulty editing and removes a lot of PIV collection caps (such as Graze at 150k)

Basically the stuff that adds PIV had a bunch of interim caps removed, and/or adjusted.
Now the small gold stars dropped from cancelled bullets will always add 20 PIV, instead of decreasing to 10 at half PIV cap,
Graze will add 10 PIV up until half cap, instead of up until 150,000. Additionally, they will add the equivalent of 2 PIV past half cap, now.

The PIV caps themselves are
100,000 in Zero
400,000 in Beginner
500,000 in Standard
600,000 in Advanced
800,000 in Hopeless
and
1,000,000 in Extra.

The previous mechanic where blue Stars add (PIV / 100) points when you're capped still applies. Good luck reaching any of them.
(Small yellow stars will add PIV / 50 at the cap.)

Bullets that are deleted via enemy explosion also now award bonus points in addition to blue Stars, though it's a flat rate based on the bullet, with most of them being worth a paltry 10 points.

TL;DR I AM LIFTING A LOT OF SCORING RESTRICTIONS
It used to be that I feared the game would implode at N > 2,140,000,000 points, but it appears that they've addressed that in the new Game Maker version, so I can comfortably have scores in the billions without fear of mathematical inaccuracy or stack overflow.
SO SUPER-PLAY TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT AND EVERYTHING WILL BE ABSOLUTELY FINE
(just be aware that 1.0 will be sliiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTLY harder.)
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Hopeless -- C -- HydraB -- 58.02fps -- 1,941,195,970

This wasn't really that good a run, the improvement in score was mostly due to the changes to scoring in 0.8.1, but it's still better so I might as well post it ^.^

Also:
Second Story -- Ex -- 6D-4A -- 58.01fps -- 464,359,540

Not a clear, but still pretty decent. Made it all the way to Ten Million Flaming Tori. I decided that HydraB really isn't suited to the Extra stage, so I used something else.
Taizen Chisou

Post by Taizen Chisou »

Oh, right, there ARE scoring differences aren't there? Table wipe!

In the words of Lunacy Star Second's Engrish-subtitled main menu:

TMFT is completely static, by the way, except for the very first shot. Once you get it once you ought to have it down-pat for perfection quite literally every subsequent time. Did the music change catch you off guard? Hue hue hue.
You'll want to have at least one extra life going into the final, trust me.
I know you can do it!
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Yay!!!!!

Second Story -- C -- 6D-4A -- 57.75fps -- 829,526,960

I'm surprsied I managed to do this ^.^ It was REALLY hard, but soooooo fun~ I doubt I'll be able to perfect a lot of these, like, ever though.
Taizen Chisou

Post by Taizen Chisou »

Pteriforever wrote:Image
Yay!!!!!

Second Story -- C -- 6D-4A -- 57.75fps -- 829,526,960

I'm surprsied I managed to do this ^.^ It was REALLY hard, but soooooo fun~ I doubt I'll be able to perfect a lot of these, like, ever though.
Oh my. Well there goes my estimation of zero people clearing it, ever :V
Well ORDINARILY, the Chaos Drive section becomes available AFTER you clear the Extra, but from what I hear, it sounds open already for you for some reason. I'll have to look into that. Other than that, it looks like you've floored essentially everything there is to do in the game, for which I give great thanks and congratulations :D

I'll put up some scores of my own later maybe.
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Yay, thanks~! :D
Taizen Chisou

Post by Taizen Chisou »

Did you know that it was possible to break 1 billion on Standard? I certainly didn't.

So like,

Standard - Taizen Chisou - C - 6D-4 B - --.--FPS - 1 025 871 570