My Saturn memory cartridge died!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
greg

My Saturn memory cartridge died!

Post by greg »

I had a generic 8-meg memory cartridge for my Saturn that also functioned as an import enabler. I've had it for a long time. I haven't used it with my Saturn in a long time, and now it's dead. My Saturn won't even boot normally with it in. It jus says "Sega Saturn" with a still screen and then goes blank. My Action Replay Plus cart works, so I know it's not the cartridge slot. What's the deal? I opened it up to see if there was any sort of internal battery or anything, and there isn't. Would this be repairable, or is it dead?
Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.
D

Post by D »

I have the same problem, but I know that the action replay 4MB internal + cheat + 4 MB for saving is dead-ish.

The Saturn goes to the cd-player screen, but you know how the screen fades in, right?

Well in my case the screen is not completely faded in yet, so you see a darkish cd-player screen and it hangs (in the middle of the fade in)

3rd party garbage
greg

Post by greg »

Tonight I tried it out again, and it mysteriously started working again. Go figure. Yeah, I know about inserting carts and then raising them up a millimeter or two. I know how flakey the cart slot is. But this seemed different. Strange. Come to think of it, the internal game save ability on my Duo was freezing up a month or two ago, and then it started working again. Weird. Maybe I'm being haunted by a console ghost. I'll consult a priest.
Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.