Leiria -Stargazer- [PC Freeware]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Pteriforever

Re: Leiria -Stargazer- [PC Freeware]

Post by Pteriforever »

Screw. This. Game.

This is the perfect Lx8 run I've been trying for, and it's virtually the same as my last post.

According to this game:
210,000,000 + 30,000,000 x 8 = 420,000,000

P4E & 421,657,670 & Extra & ALL+TLB
Starhall || Abmneshi || Starhall 2
RegalSin wrote:The art in my opinion is quesitonable, because it looks like it relies on computer art
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Wow! That's pretty crazy having a max lives end bonus but you should probably try learning how to optimize your score now. A good chunk of your score comes from Accel and cashing in on those bullet cancels. If you can do just a bit more with the bullet cancels, there's no doubt you that you would have the best score on Normal.
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

How do you unlock Hard mode? I've 1cced normal and I still don't have it unlocked. I'd post the score but its on my other computer.
Zengeku3
Banned User

Post by Zengeku3 »

I 1cc'd it earlier today with the TLB and that unlocked the Hard mode. To face the TLB you'll have to destroy the two side parts of the Stage 5 midboss. This is extremely easy to do, you just have to know to do it. You also get a 1up from doing this.

TLB is not that hard either, just be sure to have some extra lives going into it. On my first attempt, i somehow lost so many lives in the rest of game that I got to the TLB with only 1 extra life but i got through 60% of the fight approximately. Next run i 2-missed the game until TLB and beat the TLB without trouble so just go do that, it's not hard.
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

SuperSoaker360 wrote:Wow! That's pretty crazy having a max lives end bonus but you should probably try learning how to optimize your score now. A good chunk of your score comes from Accel and cashing in on those bullet cancels. If you can do just a bit more with the bullet cancels, there's no doubt you that you would have the best score on Normal.
Well, not technically max lives, 9 is possible but that would be pretty much insane

Anyway, that's a good idea. I'm going to try to come up with a decent plan for stages 4 through 6, I always tend to hold back a bit around there.
RegalSin wrote:The art in my opinion is quesitonable, because it looks like it relies on computer art
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Normal
P4E & 432,536,570 & Extra & ALL+TLB

This was only an Lx7 clear, but it ended up awesome. Stages 1-3 went pretty much perfectly, while Stage 5 was considerably better than normal. Also, I died on the TLB's final attack in such a way that it allowed me to cancel the whole thing for crazy points, which helped :3

I think there's a lot of room for improvement at the final segment of Stage 6, where the issue becomes getting enough gems from the aimed-shot enemies to be able to cash in on the crazy-spiral-shot enemies. I'm thinking B-Type or C-Type might be more suitable for that, but I don't think it's a good idea to move away from the shottype I've done the majority of my planning on.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Awesome job! Extra seems to kill things too quickly with it's lock-on when in Accel mode so maybe you'd get an even higher score if you were to play a different ship. :wink:
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Just wow.

P4E & 469,527,560 & Extra & ALL+TLB

I'll see if I can get a replay of this up in a few days.

This was an Lx9(!!) run. Stage 6 just went... insanely miraculously. I have no idea how this happened, but I'm super happy with it! :D
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Well done. I may need to take the top spot back...
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Awesome job, Pteriforever. Looks like all that hard work paid off! :D
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Yep :D Thanks ^.^

I got the replay up now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klnRaWOwSYs
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Anyone have issues with Leiria crashing on them before? I just reinstalled my computer, same OS as before, and now it's crashing without any sort of error message after the "By Nonlinear" startup screen.
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

It always crashes for me whenever the game goes out of focus while fullscreen. Not sure why :/
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Fixed it, entirely my fault. I forgot to make sure I'd installed support for asian languages (it probably decompresses files with asian characters in the filenames and without that support, fails to read them and thus crashes). After an install & reboot, problem solved.
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Yay!

Hard
P4E & 381,206,000 & Original & ALL

I've been trying for a Hard Original run for a while, and here it is! :3 I Decided I wouldn't bother with an ALL+TLB though, I looked at the Hard TLB in practice mode and... just NO.

I stuffed up some crucial opportunities with the Stage 2 and Stage 4 bosses, and as a result my score was pretty much crap. In one of my losing runs, I got about 520m, but unfortunately I ragequit before the score could save in that case.

Still, I made it and I'm really happy about it :D I've gained a new appreciation for Original type, too, even though the stage portions of Stages 3-6 became complete nightmares without Accel. The scoring seems to be based around cancelling lots of bullets with the hyper.
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

Pteriforever wrote:Decided I wouldn't bother with an ALL+TLB though
The Hard TLB with Original Type is very hard.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Updated - Congrats on the Original Hard 1CC, Pteri! Original Type is fun if you want to change up the gameplay a bit with a hint of DFK.
Nwodatek

Post by Nwodatek »

Normal
Nwodatek & 492,298,140 & Type A & ALL & Replay

Got really lucky on this run.

Returning to this one after not playing it since June. I noticed that killing enemies with your unfocused shot give you double gems (a Mid-Boss usually gives around 200, if you kill it unfocused it gives 400), so it's important to weaken them focused and then deal your last shot unfocused, if you're scoring.

A question tho: Does killing the TLB gives you a bigger endgame bonus?

Also I think that both, pausing and getting FPS drops, desyncs replays. In this run I didn't pause, neither got any FPS drop so it doesn't desync. However I'm not sure if those are the causes...

Going to try Original Type later.
Prinny

Post by Prinny »

I'll figure out how to score better when I get back to playing this.

Normal
Prinny & 320,687,090 & Type A & ALL+TLB
Prinny

Post by Prinny »

Managed to get past 500 million.

Normal
Prinny & 512,204,760 & Type A & ALL+TLB

Video
Replay File
I_XIV

Post by I_XIV »

Difficulty-Easy
XIV&386586850&Type-A
goal:above 450mil.
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Hey Komugi and everyone, what's up!

Yeah, I realized I never actually submitted my score for Leiria -Stargazer-, so let me do that here right now!

Hard
VioletHatPurple & 1,426,067,740 & A-Type & ALL + TLB

Video - Leiria -Stargazer- Hard Mode + TLB ALL Clear - Leiria (A-Type)

Screenshot

And, there we go! :)
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

YouTube Channel | Twitter Account | Scores/1cc List on Restart Syndrome