Magfest 2014 (Jan 2-5)

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Zerst

Re: Magfest 2014 (Jan 2-5)

Post by Zerst »

trap15 wrote:BL is not nearly as good as original :(
There's a cave game worse than Ibara original? I need to play this now, and then never again.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
<trap15> C is for Bakraid
spineshark

Post by spineshark »

it's called progear
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

I'm not bringing anything (I probably don't have anything rare enough, and I have nowhere to put it), but I am coming.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I can't evaluate what you qualify as rare, but anything you're willing to bring can be put into the cabs if you flag down me or majors.
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

StarCreator wrote:I can't evaluate what you qualify as rare, but anything you're willing to bring can be put into the cabs if you flag down me or majors.
I have all 3 parodius games, but I'm not sure there's enough of a draw to want to put them into a cab.

That said, if there is, definitely let me know.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

spineshark wrote:it's called progear
wow, burn. :(
spineshark

Post by spineshark »

haha i really don't like the game but i'm just random-hating, sorry
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

Packing stuff over the week. If there's no word on an stv mobo by thursday i'm probably gonna pass on bringing my carts. Don't think having bare pcbs rolling around in flight luggage, padded or otherwise, is a great idea.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

It looks like I'm going to be bringing my copy of Gokujou Parodius
colour_thief

Post by colour_thief »

spineshark if I bring Money Idol Exchanger would you play? slash can you play decently? Or is your avatar just leading me on? :lol:

Between myself and mikehaggar we are bringing these games for the 6-slot multi-JAMMA:

Tetris the Grandmaster 2 Plus
Mr. Driller G
Star Sweep
Aqua Rush
Kono E Taco
Weather Tales

No room for a Neo 1-slot in the multi-JAMMA but I would bring MIE if more than me would play it. It's way better as a multiplayer game.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

I'm not very good, but I'd play it!
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
spineshark

Post by spineshark »

i think that i'm pretty decent at money puzzle, i've definitely played it a lot

i know that last time i played on stick i had some trouble adjusting though =/
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I just can't grasp Money Idol Exchanger at all. My head can't math
majors

Post by majors »

colour_thief wrote:spineshark if I bring Money Idol Exchanger...
MVS, right? I'll have a spare 1-slot we can use. But the board rotation is getting full.
colour_thief wrote: Between myself and mikehaggar we are bringing these games for the 6-slot multi-JAMMA:
How big it this multi-changer? Might be better to just run one board at a time rather than try and fit 6 PCB's in a candy.
Wedoca '24
majors

Post by majors »

Starcreator, Yes Boss, Strider77 and myself have been working on a schedule for board rotation. Remember, this is MAGFest, not a meetup. There are 10,000 other paying attendees that want to play games. I want to have a game run all day so everyone can get some playtime. I will entertain swapping out something for an hour if you all want to mess with it like Mr. Dig. Below is the available machines that we control. *This is not a final list*

Code: Select all

Thursday            Friday                Saturday            Sunday
                   ----------          -------               ----------          --------
Naomi 2 virt       360 Ketsui          360 Daioujou          Ikaruga             Ikaruga  <-cab has no JAMMA, 360 and Naomi only.
Astro 1 virt       Strikers 1945 Pt 2  MMPork                Esprade             Viper  <- this cab has a single player CP
Astro 2 hori       Tetris GM           Parodius-AM/DS BL-PM  DS BL-AM/Guard.-PM  Mars Matrix
Madonna virt       Armed Police Bat.   Pink Sweets           Thunder Dragon 2    Raiden Fighters

Blast hori         Metal Slug 4        Progear               Elevator Action R   Money Idol Exchanger
Astro virt         Battle Bakraid      Futari BL             Ibara BL            Ibara BL
View 1 hori 360    Caladrius           Akai Katana Shin      Deathsmiles IIX     Caladrius   <-No JAMMA, ded. to 360
View 2 virt 360    DDP Saidaioujou     DDP Daifukkatsu BL    Mushihimesama HD    SDOJ    <-No JAMMA, ded. to 360

E2 virt            Espgaluda 2         Espgaluda 2           Battle Garegga      Battle Garegga
Here is the list of who said they are bringing what: (note: not everything here is on the schedule yet)

Mikehaggar -> Tetris The Grand Master 2, Mr. Driller G, Star Sweep, Aqua Rush, Kono E Taco, Weather Tales(6-in-1)
colour_thief -> Money Idol Exchanger
Jack -> espgaluda 2, esprade, elevator action returns
Greg -> Battle Bakraid JPN Unlimited, Ibara
Majors -> Raiden Fighters, Viper, Ikaruga, Mars Matrix, Strikers 1945, Thunder Force AC
Trap15 -> Armed Police Batrider, Battle Garegga, Guardians, Pink Sweets, Thunder Dragon 2, Mr. Dig
Kiken -> Strikers 1945 Part 2, Metal Slug 1/2/4
Tim -> Futari BL, Ibara BL, MMPork and Progear
The Cat 88 -> Gokujou Parodius
Troy -> Ninja Baseball, Metal Slug 3
brendz -> Deathsmiles BL

*Update* Threw in DS BL for Friday evening. Making split shifts to allow for more games.
Last edited by majors on Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wedoca '24
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

majors wrote: The Cat 88 -> Gokujou Parodius

You've been speaking to Anthony, haven't you.

Edit: Just fully tested the PCB, made sure it played, set the options and free play, stuck it and its audio cable into a box and placed it in the pile of things that are destined for magfest. Gokujou Parodius is at least going to make it to my car.
colour_thief

Post by colour_thief »

mikehaggar is bringing the multi-JAMMA and it can fit in his Astro at home so I'd be surprised if we have problems. The 6 games we've picked should be low profile enough to work. Worst case we end up populating slightly fewer at a time, but I'm not expecting a big issue.

I can bring a 1-slot MVS with unibios if I need to (let me know). Otherwise I'll just bring Money Idol Exchanger. I've got Magical Drop 3 as well if people are into that.
majors

Post by majors »

colour_thief wrote:mikehaggar is bringing the multi-JAMMA and it can fit in his Astro at home so I'd be surprised if we have problems. The 6 games we've picked should be low profile enough to work. Worst case we end up populating slightly fewer at a time, but I'm not expecting a big issue.

I can bring a 1-slot MVS with unibios if I need to (let me know). Otherwise I'll just bring Money Idol Exchanger. I've got Magical Drop 3 as well if people are into that.
Sweet, I'll add it to the lineup. How does one switch games or is that an issue?

I'll have 3 MVS 1-sluts on hand, only one is being used for Garou. One of the three has a UniBIOS. I'll have a MD3 cart also so I'd just plan to bring Money Idol. There is a planned Windjammers tourney on Sat @ 2pm in case you had a copy.
Wedoca '24
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Does the multi-JAMMA let players choose the game without opening the cab?
brendz

Post by brendz »

im driving to magfest with colour_thief and sfkhoa
feel like i can contribute if needed
are people interested in me bringing my deathsmiles mega black label pcb as it seem only ds2xii is available?
if i do i think its should go in the hori astro on fri or sat if possible as im not sure of our arrival or departure times
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Up to you if you want to bring it - schedule's looking pretty cramped for that Astro, but if absolutely necessary the E2 can be rotated mid-show. We have the 360 port as well; I just put IIX on the schedule because I think it suits the HD cabinet better and it's also a fun game.

The 360 schedule was sort of slapped together; just ping me during the show and we'll probably change it based on what people want to play, especially Sunday which just reverts to Thursday's offerings because I ran out of ideas .-. As for the selection... if it exists, we probably have it.

EDIT: Definitely bring DS BL since it's now on the main schedule.
majors

Post by majors »

I added DS BL for an overnight run. We can do 12 hour shifts on some games to allow for more stuff to be running. I have no doubt in my mind that we will vary off the schedule during the fest. I do not plan to print it off and post it, but if ppl ask I will base my answers on it.

Just trying to make everyone happy...so that means I'll piss everyone off :)

I get the truck Tuesday at noon, load up and then leave fucking butt crack early Wednesday(after NYE!!!) to head up to the HomoKing. If anyone is arriving weds night, we should be in the arcade area setting up. If you want my number in case you want to contact me, PM me.
Wedoca '24
andy251203

Post by andy251203 »

Hey everyone... I am selling some PVM monitors at magfest! If you're interested check out the thread! http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48666
colour_thief

Post by colour_thief »

majors wrote:Sweet, I'll add it to the lineup. How does one switch games or is that an issue?
StarCreator wrote:Does the multi-JAMMA let players choose the game without opening the cab?
No opening required, that's the point. There's a remote, so it's basically honour system that nobody walks off with it (who would do that?!?).
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

colour_thief wrote:No opening required, that's the point. There's a remote, so it's basically honour system that nobody walks off with it (who would do that?!?).
You... probably want a way to secure that. A lot of people are going to pass by and it could get lost easily.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I did some last minute reshuffling of the 360 stuff. Here's what to expect, but as before, this schedule is not guaranteed:

Code: Select all

Thursday            Friday                Saturday            Sunday
               ----------          -------               ----------          --------
Naomi 2 vert   Ikaruga             Ikaruga               360 Ketsui          360 Daioujou     <-No JAMMA, 360 and Naomi only
Astro 1 vert   Strikers 1945 Pt 2  Muchi Muchi Pork      ESPRaDe             Viper            <-Single player CP
Astro 2 hori   Tetris Grandmaster2 Parodius-AM/DS BL-PM  DS BL-AM/Guard.-PM  Mars Matrix
Madonna vert   Arm. Pol. Batrider  Pink Sweets           Thunder Dragon 2    Raiden Fighters

Blast hori     Metal Slug 4        Progear               Elevator Action R   Money Idol Exchanger
Astro vert     Battle Bakraid      Futari BL             Ibara BL            Ibara BL
Vewlix 1 hori  Deathsmiles IIX     Akai Katana Shin      Caladrius           Ginga Force      <-No JAMMA, 360 only
Vewlix 2 vert  Tgr. Heart Exelica  DDP Daifukkatsu BL    DDP Saidaioujou     Mushihimesama HD <-No JAMMA, 360 only

Egret2 vert    Espgaluda 2         Espgaluda 2           Battle Garegga      Battle Garegga
EarlThird

Post by EarlThird »

Hey guys, I know I'm pretty much newer than new here, but I have an ST-V board that I picked up about two weeks ago. I haven't been able to test it yet, but it's a US bios board and it was purchased working. I'll be heading down tomorrow evening/night to meet a friend who's bringing some cabs with him and let him borrow some boards. If you'd like I can bring the ST-V as well, I figure the more the merrier, right?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

What games do you have for it? The person that was going to bring STV carts backed out I think since we didn't have a mobo, and we have none on hand here.
EarlThird

Post by EarlThird »

StarCreator wrote:What games do you have for it? The person that was going to bring STV carts backed out I think since we didn't have a mobo, and we have none on hand here.
At the moment, all I've got is Die Hard Arcade, unfortunately. I can still bring the mobo in case someone sees this and wants to bring their own carts down, as it's really no trouble at all. I doubt anyone wants to play a chunky 17 year old beat em up though. :lol:
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

I'm still around. Like I said, all I need is confirmation that there will be a mobo there and i can bring the carts.
Dimahoo is a fun game.