Special Demonstrations #18: Leiria -Stargazer- (12.6.23)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
emphatic

Re: Special Demonstrations ver1.1 premiere, Sun 16 Apr @ 1pm

Post by emphatic »

Wow, that sounds amazing, nice work.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Icarus wrote:Image

All 15 replays in the Special Demonstrations ver1.1 project will be premiering in a single complete live stream on Sunday 16th April @ 1pm GMT (next weekend) on Twitch & YT, and individually released on YT right after.

What's new?
1080p60 for almost all videos, audiovisual fixes, and hardcoded annotations in all replays!

There'll also be a special announcement right at the end, so stick around for it. :3

Twitch: https://twitch.tv/icarusfw_
YouTube: https://youtube.com/@IcarusFW

Perfect timing with Ray'z recent release!
Meriscan

Post by Meriscan »

Very excited for the definitive versions of all these replays!

You mention audiovisual fixes. Have you considered for WTN's Donpachi replay, to duplicate the audio for both sides, so you don't just hear the music in only your right ear if you have headphones? I know that's not a perfect fix, but for headphone users that would still sound a lot nicer than hearing everything from one side.

I'm also very much looking forward to this "special announcement" you've been teasing. Will definitely check it out live!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Meriscan wrote:You mention audiovisual fixes. Have you considered for WTN's Donpachi replay, to duplicate the audio for both sides, so you don't just hear the music in only your right ear if you have headphones? I know that's not a perfect fix, but for headphone users that would still sound a lot nicer than hearing everything from one side.
That's been dealt with for ver1.1.
SDD-Kaede's run also sounds a bit tinny on my new MacBook Pro's speakers compared to every other replay, but that's more to do with how the audio was recorded originally, and not something I can easily fix without spending hours in an audio DAW. But tbh it's not a huge problem compared to fixing the stereo in a couple of the arcade replays.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Spoiler
Icarus

Re: Special Demonstrations v1.1 premiere, Sun 16 Apr @ 11am

Post by Icarus »

Small change in schedule: the big premiere will be happening two hours earlier, at 11am GMT - which is in 45mins from the time of this message. (Just so I can finish at midnight lol)
Main stream will be at https://twitch.tv/icarusfw_
See you then!

EDIT: The stream is now live at https://twitch.tv/icarusfw_
See you there!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Man, the vertical countdown meter next to annotations is one of those things I'd never have thought of, that seems so obvious in hindsight. :o Super nice. Just enjoying Kamui's BG Gain run now.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

I hardly ever watch Twitch anymore, but I've subbed to your YT channel so I'll catch them there.

Thank you for your efforts, Icarus.
Icarus

Re: Special Demonstrations v1.1 EP1-15 & NEW EPs 16+17 relea

Post by Icarus »

And in case you weren't around for the stream, there are TWO NEW REPLAYS released as part of this mass-upload.

Special Demonstrations #16: Gundemonium Recollection features BAF getting the character WR with Eryth on Demonic Mode! As usual, there's a very detailed commentary script to explain this ultra-complex score attack game. This is also the first doujin Special Demo, and hopefully not the last!

Special Demonstrations #17: Muchi Muchi Pork! ver1.01 features Aquas smashing Harahara Mode! This is one of the highest scoring runs on the mode with commentary - very lengthy and detailed commentary - and is a great resource for those wanting to learn some good strats for the game.

Thanks to both BAF and Aquas for contributing to the project! Hopefully there's more coming now I have an M2 Max MacBook Pro to work with now...
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Beautiful.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

I love muchi muchi pork so much. part of it is the sentimental attachment to it being the first game I looped, but I think it's genuinely one of the most fun games to play (quickly shifting back and fourth between regular and lard shot the entire game). I'm def excited it got the special demonstration treatment even if I've never touched harahara.

thank you icarus/aquas
a creature... half solid half gas
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Special Demonstrations #18: Leiria -Stargazer- featuring Hellsinker. WR holder twilightex is now up and live on YT! This is a Hard Mode run with Type A, and is the highest known score with this character and difficulty known. I jokingly suggested that he give the game a go a while ago when I saw how much he enjoyed Espgaluda 2, but I didn't expect him to go all in on it and tear it to shreds, lol. This is a really good run, and I'm happy to get his commentary on this one as it's very detailed.

Many thanks to twilightex for this one! There may be more new runs coming, but for now, enjoy a rarity and the second doujin shooter replay in the series!