XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbox360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
HydrogLox

Re: XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbo

Post by HydrogLox »

Vortecks wrote:I really hope Play-Asia doesn't for some reason run out of this by next week. I had to choose between this and Saidaioujou.
They switched from "In stock on May 30, 2013" directly to "Usually ships within 1 week". Suggests to me that the initial shipment is already gone and that everybody else will have to wait at least until next week.
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

A part of the ports are there any extra minigames like there were in shooting love???
They are a blast.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

It's been confirmed that Ge-Sen Love is not included in the collection, so I doubt there are any other minigames.

Does anyone have their copy yet?
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Amiami shipped mine today (early preorder, late to pay before release date by a tad) so I can expect it to arrive within a week or two tops.
MSZ

Post by MSZ »

Pretas wrote:It's been confirmed that Ge-Sen Love is not included in the collection, so I doubt there are any other minigames.

Does anyone have their copy yet?
play-asia has shipped mine along with saidaiohjou.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Can't believe I missed this before, but I was watching a livestream of DeltaZeal just now, and the bug where all items appear as Red on drop (even when they're not red) has been fixed too.

Guy lost all his credits around stage 7ish though so I didn't get to see what the final boss is like. Anyone who has the game already and sees it that far let us know how it is.

By the way, replays are in this right?
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I wonder if the port is made sorta like Guwange, so that the actual game rom can be extracted and used on actual PCBs? This would be quite cool for those who have boards that still work. :lol:
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

For the sake of the game's sales, I should hope not.

It seems doubtful. Guwange Blue Arrange was originally an arcade rom made for an old event. Based on Fujino's technical writings and development videos, DeltaZeal seems to have been reprogrammed from the ground up specifically for the Xbox 360. I may be wrong, though.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Agreed. It'd be an interesting hack, but you'd probably still be stuck with original arcade sound considering Guwange Blue uses the parent sound ROM. There's also no startup load times so I reckon it could well be a straight port.

Speaking of emulated vs port though, I noticed XIIZeal looked particularly huge in slowdown on the stage 1 boss' death, the wobble had this annoying shredding sound that I never noticed anywhere before, and the voices were lower pitch like they're emulated in MAME. I really hope it's just the stream's bad quality/network issues that caused the stuttering and shit but I suspect it might very well be in-game framerate (and possibly emulation?) issues.
Jeux

Post by Jeux »

I bought my SE at Yodobashi Camera in Osaka today. They had about ten each of the regular and SE.

So far I am enjoying it. There is a nice nod to one of the mini games from the previous game in that the scrolling stops at one point and the screen is filled with about 40 tanks :)

I haven't seen any mini games so far. Only the two main games and then score attack stages appear as you unlock them.

There are about 150 people on the main leaderboards as of right now.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Jeux wrote:There is a nice nod to one of the mini games from the previous game in that the scrolling stops at one point and the screen is filled with about 40 tanks :)
Actually the Shmups skill test (~2006) took it from G-Stream G2020 (2002; ΔZEAL-2013).
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I hope this is in stock long enough for my security deposit from my ex-apartment to get delivered to me. :oops: I guess it's RayForce practice till then.
SePh1r0tH

Post by SePh1r0tH »

Well I'm having a blast playing DeltaZeal. I like the hidden paths and the freedom in powering up to your own play style. The music is also awesome.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Seen a few more videos while waiting for customs to approve my damn package and send it to me already, and I've noticed a few things with XIIZeal. This one here shows a fair bit of what I'm talking about quite noticeably.

First off, the emulated slowdown. Going from what I've seen of trailers of the INH superplay it seems to be present on the actual board and is emulated pretty closely here. Not existent in PS2 or MAME.

The 'WARNING' screen (that appears before the boss) is different from the one present in the arcade and PS2 version, with a simple red box and some space on the side instead of the screen-width one that has a slight mirror effect.

The voices are lower pitched than the PS2 port, and what I've seen of it in MAME (although emulation inaccurate tag doesn't make that mean much here). Some folks I've spoke to who have seen the INH superplay (that was recorded on a PCB) reckon this is how it's meant to be though.

Some of the sound effects seem different as well, possibly for the same reason as above. The wobbling shuffle sound is especially noticeably different compared to the other variants, and I can see people getting annoyed by it if it's really that loud on a TV.

The autofire for the wobble seems higher than before. That's a lot of side blasts being done in the video. Can only be a good thing, but it's the main autofire I'm more concerned with: powerups and bombs are directly tied to the rate of fire you're putting on the main forward shot and from what I've seen the autofire for it is only as it is in the PS2 port which isn't as high as it can go.

Finally, stage transitions seem a little funny, I'm not sure how to explain it, but I suspect that's YouTube/livestreams doing 30fps.

I noticed in the same vid that DeltaZeal's logo text flashes in time with the music now. Nice touch. :D
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

can somebody shed some light on the DeltaZeal weapon system: does it only matter how many orbs of each color one has or does the order matter as well ? Red and Blue balance between Vulcan and Laser. What exactly does green do ?
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Green is homing missiles. There's more info about the weapon system in the G-Stream G2020 ST thread.
broken harbour

Post by broken harbour »

HydrogLox wrote:
Vortecks wrote:I really hope Play-Asia doesn't for some reason run out of this by next week. I had to choose between this and Saidaioujou.
They switched from "In stock on May 30, 2013" directly to "Usually ships within 1 week". Suggests to me that the initial shipment is already gone and that everybody else will have to wait at least until next week.
I got a notice today that my copy shipped from PA.
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

I'm surprised the special pack is just a regular DVD case... I was under the impression there would be a limited edition type cardboard box. There's just the game + soundtrack + different cover art.

On the other hand the ami-ami packaging (first time using them) was pretty poor and if this wasn't a DVD case it'd be damaged goods for sure.

So what exactly is the difference between regular and limited?
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Limited Edition includes soundtrack.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Picking this up from my apartments' leasing office now. Will be streaming in under 20 minutes on http://twitch.tv/trap0xf
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

Is anybody working on translating the achievements? There's a couple fuzzy missions in there, Raiden-style.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

denpanosekai wrote:Is anybody working on translating the achievements? There's a couple fuzzy missions in there, Raiden-style.
360a has one done by MilkyCha, but its missing the 3 secret ones, here's the lol G-T for the secret ones, since they look simple enough. (http://bit.ly/11ApjFQ)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/foru ... p?t=477933 (<- For Ideal Transaltion)
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

So the "don't play this game for about a week, then come back to it" achievement was carried over from Shooting Love 200X. Ha.
nZero

Post by nZero »

denpanosekai wrote:Is anybody working on translating the achievements? There's a couple fuzzy missions in there, Raiden-style.
Translation isn't terribly useful for a good chunk of the achievements, the descriptions are mostly cute jokes and observations like Shooting Love had. Things will appear in this thread as more people get the game and more information becomes available.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Got the game today. Lovely port of both games indeed. Seems the fade-related graphics are a bit funny in XIIZeal but nothing that affects gameplay which seems to be very close to the arcade version. DeltaZeal is just amazing to play with the improved music and fixes.

EDIT: Figured it out. Skyline_ at IRC told me that the first listing (without the extra two symbols) is for all of the replays for that, and the second listing (with the two extra) is for the ones submitted this week.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

AntiFritz wrote:Limited Edition includes soundtrack.
It's more than just a soundtrack CD.. it's a CD+G. The disc also includes two video files (one of a live performance of Eien No Traveler) and a 31 page PDF.
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

This didn't do too well according to Famitsu. Only 1,737 copies of it were sold this past week. Releasing on the same day as SDOJ may not have been the best idea.
:lol:
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

Cuilan wrote:This didn't do too well according to Famitsu. Only 1,737 copies of it were sold this past week. Releasing on the same day as SDOJ may not have been the best idea.
It's about 1000 more than I expected. I think the leaderboards are still in the low 400s. Thanks for your SDOJ numbers in the other thread too.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Cuilan wrote:This didn't do too well according to Famitsu. Only 1,737 copies of it were sold this past week. Releasing on the same day as SDOJ may not have been the best idea.
It wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference. Fujino-san's games were never "popular" in any way, shape or form.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Sad but true. I'm glad he knows that he has a devoted fanbase though :) Triangle Service Gang, representin'
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.