XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbox360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Aleksei

Re: XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbo

Post by Aleksei »

BPzeBanshee wrote:That's what I've been trying to figure out for a while now. See there for the best ideas.
I see, hope we can figure it out eventually.
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Aleksei wrote:
BPzeBanshee wrote:That's what I've been trying to figure out for a while now. See there for the best ideas.
I see, hoe we can figure it out eventually.
Fujino loves to fill his games with obscure/archaic bonus crap. More often than not, it's simply down to killing certain sequences of enemies within a set time.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

The lack of videos of this on YT is sad :(
My order is being held hostage in customs atm, hope they send it onto its final journey soon.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

My order is being held hostage in customs atm
ridiculous, isn't it ? Mine since May 31st and doesn't move an inch. Something is WAY BROKEN right now with our customs office here in Germany.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

Wow, since end of May? That is rather harsh. Maybe you should try and call the customs place where it is atm. I think the longest it ever took for me using shit Play-Asia cheap shipping was 4 weeks.

SDOJ I ordered with EMS from AmiAmi and it took 3 days from Japan to Frankfurt, where it then was held for 4 days and then took an extra 2 days to get here. Which is pretty hilarious, considering how fast it got here from Japan. Also Frankfurt is 3 hours by train from where I live, so I dunno wtf is going on here.

Still on holiday until Monday, perhaps this will arrive Monday, if I am lucky, though I ordered it from PA with slow shipping (but as said, it is already in Frankfurt).

All I can say is : Lame.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

:lol:

are you kidding me?
you guys are blessed

do you know when my copy of Caladrius arrived here?
TWO FUCKING DAYS AGO

quit whining :roll:
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

Haha, I guess we Germans are used to more efficiency than our postal system provides atm (stereotype alarm :lol: )

Question tho would be when you ordered your Caladrius and with what shipping type.
But enough derailing! Someone post some cool XIIZeal or DeltaZeal runs on youtube or something.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

ptoing wrote:But enough derailing! Someone post some cool XIIZeal or DeltaZeal runs on youtube or something.
I did save the replay for my 7.2 million pt run in XIIZeal, although I'd prefer to wait until I can get the SCC before I upload anything to my account.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

You could always upload a videofile of it somewhere for direct download.
ciox

Post by ciox »

Or upload it as unlisted, I'd like to see it too.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Well, here you go, guys: 7,209,020 pts in XIIZeal

It'd be nice if they fixed the replay upload glitch though.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Kiken wrote:
BPzeBanshee wrote:EDIT: I PMed NTSC-J, from what he sees in Arcadia the current WRs for the games are 14,327,060 for XII Stag...
It should be noted that this was done using some crazy 7 button set up that has 4 additional auto-fire macros. It's described in the booklet that came with the INH DVD. I guess the trade off is that the WR was done with strictly manual side attacks (all ridiculous joystick wiggling).
I knew there was an auto-fire setup being used but 4 auto-fire macros? Why 4? Is the rate of item drops not completely linear to the rate of fire?
Kiken wrote:
Aleksei wrote:Holy crap, I just unlocked an achievement on stage 1 which triggered and alternate route, can anyone tell me what triggered it?
Which game.. there are secret path achievements in both XIIZeal and DeltaZeal for their first stages.
There's one for XIIZeal too?

Are you serious?
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

BPzeBanshee wrote:
Kiken wrote:
BPzeBanshee wrote:EDIT: I PMed NTSC-J, from what he sees in Arcadia the current WRs for the games are 14,327,060 for XII Stag...
It should be noted that this was done using some crazy 7 button set up that has 4 additional auto-fire macros. It's described in the booklet that came with the INH DVD. I guess the trade off is that the WR was done with strictly manual side attacks (all ridiculous joystick wiggling).
I knew there was an auto-fire setup being used but 4 auto-fire macros? Why 4? Is the rate of item drops not completely linear to the rate of fire?
Something to do with timing different shot rhythms with the backfire to manipulate item drops.. the set up is:
A Ren 30 (front): B: C Ren 30 (rear): B Ren 15 (front)
A Ren 30 (rear): A Ren 15 (front): C Ren 15 (rear)
BPzeBanshee wrote:
Kiken wrote:
Aleksei wrote:Holy crap, I just unlocked an achievement on stage 1 which triggered and alternate route, can anyone tell me what triggered it?
Which game.. there are secret path achievements in both XIIZeal and DeltaZeal for their first stages.
There's one for XIIZeal too?

Are you serious?
No.. I'm retarded. I was thinking of the stage 2 achievement for triggering the red boss (vs the blue one)... doesn't help that the first 2 levels are so short they kinda just blur together for me.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Oh, bummer. First stage is quite short, handy as a 'tutorial' though.

And I gotta say I don't quite understand those autofire figures at all. Bit out of my league, I guess. :P
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

Kiken wrote:Well, here you go, guys: 7,209,020 pts in XIIZeal
Good stuff, looking forward to giving this a proper go.
rtw

Post by rtw »

Loving these games :mrgreen:

Can someone please translate the text at the back of the booklet ?

http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

rtw wrote:Loving these games :mrgreen:

Can someone please translate the text at the back of the booklet ?
Here you go. I like the little X68000 reference:

This is a photo I took in February 2002 of the room in the mixed-use office building I used to work in. I had been looking for a new place, and my real estate agent found this for 68000 yen a month. I felt a lucky omen in that number. I accepted immediately. The space below me was occupied by a bentou lunch vendor, and the space above by a tailor. Having set up my office, all that remained was for me to finish my game. I was completely focused on it, thinking of nothing else. To think, its been 10 years now.

This photo is precious to me as a record of how things were then. The image is of XIIZeal during its development. At that time, I still thought that DeltaZeal would never actually be released, so I was using DeltaZeal's system for XIIZeal. Shortly thereafter DeltaZeal was in fact released to the public and I knew I couldn't just put out another game with the same system. With the development deadline looming, I abandoned what I'd done up to that point and quickly created the system that you see in XIIZeal today.
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
05pro

Post by 05pro »

Cool, thanks for that, blackoak!!

In more weird leaderboard news my stage 4 run's replay that had been deleted got re-uploaded today?!? I got a score lower than my best run and decided to upload it to the weekly leaderboard rather than do the usual select and exit that I'd do if I didn't beat my best. I'd already lost the best replay so had nothing to lose. Now the weekly board has my lower scoring replay and the main board has magically re-upped the replay for my better run from a couple of days ago.

I threw up a quick stage 5 run afterwards with a lower score than my best and it uploaded it to the weekly board without deleting my existing best scoring replay from the main board. Sweet, everything's fixed I hear you say. I then threw up a worse stage 5 run, went to the 'connecting now' screen and promptly lost both replays from both weekly and main boards :(

I really wanted to throw up some weekly scores even if they're not better than my best but I'm not going to be doing that if it can delete my main replays too.

Anyway, I'm current no.1 for score attack stages 1, 2, 7 and 8 and no.2 for 4 and 5. I've yet to touch stage 3 as it's a total boss grind fest and I've yet to play stage 6 at all other than in regular play in order to get it unlocked.

Leaderboard replay shenanigans aside this is by far the most fun I've had with any STG ever and I just wish more people were playing it. For a game that seems pretty basic at first it has a ridiculous amount of scoring depth.
05pro

Post by 05pro »

Also, can anyone explain how the stage branching works in stage 5? I rarely get the tank rush section and the mid-boss and I know this is limiting my scoring potential quite a lot. I've not played the stage that much but I can't see anything obvious that I'm doing / not doing?
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

05pro wrote:Also, can anyone explain how the stage branching works in stage 5? I rarely get the tank rush section and the mid-boss and I know this is limiting my scoring potential quite a lot. I've not played the stage that much but I can't see anything obvious that I'm doing / not doing?
As has been noted, most of the stage paths seem to be based on how quickly you take out certain enemies. Not sure if anyone has anything definite on that one though.
05pro

Post by 05pro »

drunkninja24 wrote:
05pro wrote:Also, can anyone explain how the stage branching works in stage 5? I rarely get the tank rush section and the mid-boss and I know this is limiting my scoring potential quite a lot. I've not played the stage that much but I can't see anything obvious that I'm doing / not doing?
As has been noted, most of the stage paths seem to be based on how quickly you take out certain enemies. Not sure if anyone has anything definite on that one though.
For Deltazeal maybe? I know stage 2 you need to kill the final ship before the boss at X12 to get the red boss. On stage 4 you need to kill the final tail turret with an X12 and I believe an average of at least X11 for all of the other boss parts in order to unlock the plane rush section. Nothing to do with speedkilling.

On an unrelated note, I've just put up a new weekly best stage 5 score and it's re-upped my main leaderboard best score replay that got deleted earlier on. Mental
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Stage 4 in XII Stag/XIIZeal's plane rush section requires that the very last turret gets hit with x12, possibly while it's still more or less around the bottom half of the screen. I've had other components of the giant plane at x8, x9 and x10 kills (because I fucked up the stage run) and still got the plane rush which I think is one of the most critical areas for scoring in this entire game.

For Stage 5 (the swamp stage) in XIIZeal, I'm not sure of all the possible routes, but the one with the tanks hidden under trees (similar to DeltaZeal's huge set of enemies repeated again in Shooting Love 200X) requires you kill all of the hovertanks in the segment beforehand. They start coming from top left/right, then bottom left/right, and cycles through that once more before you either trigger the unlock or move along to the other segments of the stage. Not sure exactly what the requirements for the piss-easy midboss-like thing is but I tend to trigger it frequently if not always when triggering the hidden tank horde.

I've been considering making a XII Stag ST thread but I just don't have time or motivation at the moment, and XII Stag deserves better. In it I'd not only be listing stage segments but differences between versions of the game available where possible and other resources.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

BPzeBanshee wrote:I've been considering making a XII Stag ST thread but I just don't have time or motivation at the moment, and XII Stag deserves better. In it I'd not only be listing stage segments but differences between versions of the game available where possible and other resources.
One thing I'd like to note is that the auto side attack has different effects on the ship speed in each port. In the PS2 version, while holding down auto side attack your ship moves very slowly (like a quarter of its usual speed). In the 360 version, the speed drop may be something like 20% slower at maximum. So it's much easier to move around the screen while using the auto side attack in the 360 version than in the PS2 version.

Another minor difference is the lack of the voice sample that says "NEW WORLD RECORD" (when you get the highest yet score for a specific check point) in the 360 version (it's in the PS2 version).
rtw

Post by rtw »

Thank you very much for the translation blackoak! :D
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

^ Seconded. Cheers Blackoak. :D

@Kiken:
I thought there was something off about the ship speeds when doing the wobble. Wonder why the hell it does that. Noticed the lack of NEW RECORD voice as soon as I first saw the videos too: might've even mentioned it in one of my previous posts in this thread. Apart from the wobble and slowdown it's all aesthetic changes though I reckon.
05pro

Post by 05pro »

BPzeBanshee wrote: For Stage 5 (the swamp stage) in XIIZeal, I'm not sure of all the possible routes, but the one with the tanks hidden under trees (similar to DeltaZeal's huge set of enemies repeated again in Shooting Love 200X) requires you kill all of the hovertanks in the segment beforehand. They start coming from top left/right, then bottom left/right, and cycles through that once more before you either trigger the unlock or move along to the other segments of the stage. Not sure exactly what the requirements for the piss-easy midboss-like thing is but I tend to trigger it frequently if not always when triggering the hidden tank horde.

I've been considering making a XII Stag ST thread but I just don't have time or motivation at the moment, and XII Stag deserves better. In it I'd not only be listing stage segments but differences between versions of the game available where possible and other resources.
Tested and confirmed - just kill all of the rotating hovercraft to open up the extended course. Thanks for the info.

I'd be down for contributing to a XII Stag / Zeal guide if you start one up. I might throw some basic info on the mechanics / routes etc into the strategy forum just to get the ball rolling if I have any spare time over the next few days.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Well, no ST thread yet, but P_HAT got back to me and gave me permission to take over the High Score thread. http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46230

Still working on some formatting issues and merging the old scores as of time of writing but feel free to submit in the correct format. Kiken has a mere 1mil score for the PS2 port on there would you believe. :o
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

I figured I'd get in a credit or two before bed and lo and behold on my first try I got an all clear in XIIZeal... sadly, my internet connection decided to go south somewhere in the middle of stage 6. However, I did save the replay and will capture and upload to my Youtube channel when I got a chance. I managed to break 7.79 million on this run (which had plenty of stupid mistakes, so I think 8 million is very doable)... which I think would have nudged ALOEsan out of 1st place on the leaderboards.

I need to clean up stage 6, it's clearly the most difficult stage due to the randomness with the appearances of the VTOL craft (died twice on that stage).
Last edited by Kiken on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

:O Damn shame the internet dropped out! Nice job.

I'm still screwing up left right and center whenever I get motivation to play. Loving every minute when I'm not going FUUUUUUUUUU at it though. :D

EDIT: I checked the leaderboards again and ALOEsan is now at 8.2mil. Competition's getting real tight!
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

BPzeBanshee wrote:I checked the leaderboards again and ALOEsan is now at 8.2mil. Competition's getting real tight!
Haha, he heard footsteps! ;)

In all seriousness, good to see him pushing higher. Now I definitely need to break 8 million.