XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbox360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Primative Charm

Re: XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbo

Post by Primative Charm »

Yes now the wait begins. Cheers to another region free release! :D
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrregion free?

Oh boy, here goes the hype again for a game I'll probably play very little, but I'll have to have it just because it's a region free x360 shmup...

Now, who was Triangle Service again? :D
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Finally, you can play G-Stream on hardware that (probably) won't melt.
system11

Post by system11 »

How about I just clean this thread up. If anyone derails it in a similar manner I'll just ban them for a few weeks, because I'm sick of dealing with idiots this week.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Special World

Post by Special World »

Thanks.

People ITT: How would you rank Triangle Service's games compared to other STG devs?
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

EmperorIng wrote:I just don't see how companies like Tri and Qute can do region-free, and MOSS and CAVE can't manage.
Probably in part because the former have even less of a prayer of being picked up by an overseas publisher, unfortunately.

In any case, good news that Triangle is giving its Western fans a bit of the "love".
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

Nice! Well I guess Triangle Service can have my money instead of Moss.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I AM SO BUYING THIS AS SOON AS I HAVE MONEY :D :D :D :D :D
Special World wrote:Thanks.

People ITT: How would you rank Triangle Service's games compared to other STG devs?
Triangle Service's games are uncanny, and as Udderdude pointed out not quite everybody's preferred style. The beauty, however, is in the gameplay once you get past the face value appearance of it: G-Stream/DeltaZeal has various secrets/changing stage segments/completely different stages depending on how you play.

I should note that these two games in this bundle are 2D, DeltaZeal having very pretty pixel art and XII Stag much of the same. People who don't like the appearance of Trizeal's graphics but would find it impressive otherwise should definitely get this. In fact, anyone and everyone should get this: Triangle Service need all the customer support they can get and this opportunity is as good as any to show other larger developers (Cave and co) that region-free products = more sales and should be the way of the future.

EDIT: For anyone who doesn't have/want to get around Nicovideo I reuploaded the Japanese Carbonara with SNES Controller/official trailer video to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzHedsE2qLA
Special World

Post by Special World »

Looks like ugly Raiden Fighters. Sort of kinda want to play it. Dunno that I can justify import prices though.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Sure, and Mushihimesama Futari looks like a pointless clusterfuck of pink.

I'd advise maybe giving it a spin in MAME first with an autofire button setup (Shmupmame v4.2 emulates it just fine, older versions have bugged OKI banking) before you completely rule it out, and remember XII Stag's on the bundle too.

EDIT: Pretty sure standard edition is like ESPGaluda II Platinum Collection/Futari prices last time I was looking at the website links too, unless you're really bad for import tax I don't see the difference between this and other Cave titles.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

trap15 wrote:All aboard the hype train :mrgreen:
Chu chu!
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

If that hasn't been posted yet, could anybody lead me to a link with more info on the worls of triangle service? And if I understood correctly, this pack contains two older TS games (XIIStag and GNet2010) revamped revamped and renamed? And what about Trizeal? Is that a different game? (I saw it for the PS2)?

In short: is there a list with all the different games (with possible name-changes) from TS on the different systems?

I'd like to broaden my shmup-horizon a little bit more. And I'm on the brink of preordering this. :)
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

TriZeal was released on the Dreamcast.

XIIStag was released on the PS2 (PAL version is cheap!).

Trizeal and its sequel ExZeal are on Shooting Love 200X, for the 360.

This upcoming pack contains XIIStag, renamed XIIzeal, and G-Stream 2020, renamed DeltaZeal
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Trizeal also got a PS2 port.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Drachenherz wrote:I'd like to broaden my shmup-horizon a little bit more. And I'm on the brink of preordering this. :)
If you like awesome music, awesome art, and a different approach to conventional shmup gameplay, get it. Footage at the end of this video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzHedsE2qLA shows just how well G-Stream G2020's music's been remastered.
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

Shmuppy sense... tingling...

Did someone (okay, several people) say "region free"?

HERE, TAKE MY MONEY. TAKE IT ALL.
Special World

Post by Special World »

BPzeBanshee wrote:Sure, and Mushihimesama Futari looks like a pointless clusterfuck of pink.

I'd advise maybe giving it a spin in MAME first with an autofire button setup (Shmupmame v4.2 emulates it just fine, older versions have bugged OKI banking) before you completely rule it out, and remember XII Stag's on the bundle too.

EDIT: Pretty sure standard edition is like ESPGaluda II Platinum Collection/Futari prices last time I was looking at the website links too, unless you're really bad for import tax I don't see the difference between this and other Cave titles.
You misunderstand me. I love Raiden Fighters. And watching videos of these now, they look a lot better than I initially thought. Might consider picking it up. That side-shot scoring in XIIStag looks pretty annoying, though.

And by "can't justify import prices" I mean that I only import Cave and Qute games because they're some of my favorite companies. I would never import Otomedius or Radirgy or anything. But maybe I'll give this one a shot. I'm super glad I took a chance on Eschatos, and maybe these will be pretty cool. I kind of always wanted Shooting Love for that minigame mode, but never cared quite enough to get around to it.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

So XIIzeal = XII Stag?

:?
That's lame....
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

If I wait till someone here confirms that it is, in fact, region free, am I risking this being out of stock when I then attempt to jump aboard as the train pulls away?
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Thanks guys, seems like I'm going to get this - if it really is region free, that is.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Stevas wrote:If I wait till someone here confirms that it is, in fact, region free, am I risking this being out of stock when I then attempt to jump aboard as the train pulls away?
It already has been confirmed, twice, by two different people.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

Buying the LE as soon as I get home. Thanks Triangle bros. Can someone please confirm that these are the LE and Regular listings for this game on amiami?
trap15 wrote:
Stevas wrote:If I wait till someone here confirms that it is, in fact, region free, am I risking this being out of stock when I then attempt to jump aboard as the train pulls away?
the only thing I'm afraid at this point is that the LE is region-locked and the regular game isn't. Remember Espgaluda II?
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Kollision wrote:So XIIzeal = XII Stag?
I suspect it's more like "re-imagined" or a "director's cut". The renaming to XIIZEAL/ΔZEAL basically frees him from the expectation of producing arcade perfect ports. I expect that asset and stage designs will remain largely the same - they may get a facelift and there may be some tinkering with game play. I wouldn't be surprised to find adjustments in XIIZEAL's game play to shift much more toward the use of the "rapid side attack" (default mapped to "RB" in Shooting Love 200x Exzeal and Trizeal) rather than the "stick wiggle side attack" - though there may be some achievements associated with avoiding the use of the "rapid side attack".
Special World wrote:I kind of always wanted Shooting Love for that minigame mode, but never cared quite enough to get around to it.
I've owned "Shooting Love 200x" for 18 months now and I haven't been playing it much until this collection was announced - then I gave it another solid try. The shmups skill tests are cute and all but really don't hold interest for all that long - though you may find one or two that you keep returning to (I like Tank Rush). But this time around I really got into Trizeal (to the point that I picked up the INH DVD/CD). Reports/reviews of it being too average, basic or simplistic biased me against giving it a fair shake. What others see as "simplistic", I now see as "focusing on what is essential in an STG". Comparatively speaking Cave's products are overwrought and complex just for the sake of it. Exzeal is interesting too - but I've been too busy with Trizeal to explore much of it.
VixyNyan

Post by VixyNyan »

Do you guys think Triangle Service will include a Shooting Skill Test into this game as well? It's one of the reasons why I truly enjoyed playing Shooting Love. 200X on the 360, which I think was also called 2007 (Sega NAOMI type game) on the PS2. I love the variety of songs on that collection, specially WASi303's "8bit" tunes, Exzeal Stage 2 "Fly high!" (the piano song, in a stage where you chase this giant rocket in the sky), and Stage 5 "Eien no Traveler". :lol:
Last edited by VixyNyan on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rebecca Loveheart - Love & Snuggles~ <3
[ TrueAchievements | PSN Profile | Youtube | LiveStreaming ]
Giest118: SDOJ is great and the port will also be great.
moh: play games. they're fun.
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

trap15 wrote:
I don't tend to trust any emails that contain the words "region" and "free" nowadays.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. Any emails from publishers.
Last edited by Stevas on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Holy crap, I've been totally oblivious about this. :shock:
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

I wouldn't be too concerned with waiting. This isn't a Cave ultra-LE with every flipper on the planet digging their fingers into. Even in the off chance they do sell out, Triangle Service games are a bit of an acquired taste, so there will be plenty dropping in the used market soon enough.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

denpanosekai wrote:The only thing I'm afraid at this point is that the LE is region-locked and the regular game isn't. Remember Espgaluda II?
That would require two separate print runs - so I think that is highly unlikely. One run - all with the same region coding.
VixyNyan wrote:Do you guys think Triangle Service will include a Shooting Skill Test into this game as well? It's one of the reasons why I truly enjoyed playing Shooting Love. 200X on the 360, which I think was also called 2007 (Sega NAOMI type game) on the PS2.
I wouldn't expect any more "Shmups skill tests" in this collection - but who knows. Together with Exzeal, "Shmups skill test" is part of "Shooting Love 2007" - which as far as I know is a pure Naomi product - the rumored Dreamcast release never materialized. ("Shooting Love 2007" + "Trizeal Remix" + "Minus Zero") became "Shooting Love 200X" on the J360. "Shooting Love: Trizeal" on the PS2 included a demo of "Shmups skill test" before it became an integral part of "Shooting Love 2007". Looking at the game menu only XIIZEAL/ΔZEAL items can be seen - in this collection stage level score attack modes seem to take the place of "Shmups skill test". "Shmups skill test" has probably run its course.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Stevas wrote:
trap15 wrote:
I don't tend to trust any emails that contain the words "region" and "free" nowadays.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. Any emails from publishers.
You don't trust what the developer says in an email? Why? :| Especially one like Triangle Service who basically give their all to their customers. They are Triangle Service, after all.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
VixyNyan

Post by VixyNyan »

HydrogLox wrote:Looking at the game menu only XIIZEAL/ΔZEAL items can be seen - in this collection stage level score attack modes seem to take the place of "Shmups skill test". "Shmups skill test" has probably run its course.
The yellow squares at the bottom might be the unlockable extra modes, maybe not skill test, but other Triangle Service mini games. :3
Rebecca Loveheart - Love & Snuggles~ <3
[ TrueAchievements | PSN Profile | Youtube | LiveStreaming ]
Giest118: SDOJ is great and the port will also be great.
moh: play games. they're fun.