XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbox360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Acid_Rain

Re: XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbo

Post by Acid_Rain »

Triangle Service Gang fo life 8)
Danny

Post by Danny »

Also if anyone wants, I got this 5$ off coupon for "next P-A order" that came with my parcel.

HA-DUB-RPE
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Finally got to try mine today. You know a game is no-frills when it takes less than ten seconds to install it to the 360 hard drive.

Only took a few tries to get back into my XII Stag groove. Gotta love that TWEL-TWEL-TWEL-TWEL-TWEL-TWEL-TWELVE! :D

I'll have to get used to DeltaZeal though. I've still got "catch every medal" engraved in my thought process, so I'm not killing quickly enough to getting any good branching paths yet.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
ratsflif

Post by ratsflif »

Jeneki wrote:Finally got to try mine today. You know a game is no-frills when it takes less than ten seconds to install it to the 360 hard drive.

Only took a few tries to get back into my XII Stag groove. Gotta love that TWEL-TWEL-TWEL-TWEL-TWEL-TWEL-TWELVE! :D

I'll have to get used to DeltaZeal though. I've still got "catch every medal" engraved in my thought process, so I'm not killing quickly enough to getting any good branching paths yet.
Yeah, I converted it to a Games on Demand install and it was a whopping 190megs...
espibara

Post by espibara »

This is proper low budget stuff.

Feel a bit conned that this set me back £50.

XII Stag left me underwhelmed on the PS2 and thats not changed now. Slowdown on the boss explosions makes me laugh............its an aging 2D shooter for fucks sake.

Delta Zeal feels like its not finished nice sprite design etc but the music/sound fx and the general feel of the game just feels a bit off.

Graphics on both games are not upscaled well at all, plus both filters are quite naff.

A ropey half arsed compilation to be honest. Maybe I've been spoilt by Daioujou but this really feels cheap.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

espibara wrote:This is proper low budget stuff.

Feel a bit conned that this set me back £50.

XII Stag left me underwhelmed on the PS2 and thats not changed now. Slowdown on the boss explosions makes me laugh............its an aging 2D shooter for fucks sake.

Delta Zeal feels like its not finished nice sprite design etc but the music/sound fx and the general feel of the game just feels a bit off.

Graphics on both games are not upscaled well at all, plus both filters are quite naff.

A ropey half arsed compilation to be honest. Maybe I've been spoilt by Daioujou but this really feels cheap.
NO. ITS SHOOTING LOVE!!
Shame you feel like that, but Im still glad you got it and supported the dev.
stryc9

Post by stryc9 »

Shit. I was just coming here to ask how this game is.

Can we get some more opinions on the quality of the ports please?
Facebook is for handbag users.
XBox Live Name: Katbizkitz
colour_thief

Post by colour_thief »

I really like the ports. I like my upscaling to be sharp, which they offer. Controls are customizable. TATE is there. Menus are intelligible to the non-Japanese. I haven't come across any bugs. There are Cave ports that are far worse in these respects. Personally, on a technical level it has everything I want.

There's no arrange mode or minigames as far as I can tell. The whole thing is just a no-nonsense 2 arcade port package. Extra content is not a bad thing per se, but I do appreciate the focus. No lesser game modes for me to feel guilty about ignoring you see. :)

Sure there are flashier/more polished games out there, but I think these games are fun. There are better value shmups for X360, but this is still good value and waaaay more feasible than buying the arcade releases.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

The port quality is fantastic. The menus are basic and not exactly the prettiest, but they have everything you'd ever want to change in them. Two amazingly good games, score attack modes for each stage, leaderboards, replays, etc. It's high-quality and no-nonsense. Definitely worth a buy, in my opinion.

Also it's bug-free (cough cough SAIDAIOUJOU cough cough)
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

I actually really like the menus! Almost no loading time either. Very quick to restart a game on a stupid first level death.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

HydrogLox wrote:
Jeux wrote:There is a nice nod to one of the mini games from the previous game in that the scrolling stops at one point and the screen is filled with about 40 tanks :)
Actually the Shmups skill test (~2006) took it from G-Stream G2020 (2002; ΔZEAL-2013).
And this appears on YouTube the next day!?!

Anyway there has been some recent activity on the ShootingLove200X YouTube Channel.
TheSoundofRed

Post by TheSoundofRed »

Picked this up alongside SDOJ after seeing the STG Weekly G-stream episode.

I love the addition of individual stage score attack modes and leaderboards. It's interesting to see just how many points can get squeezed out of a stage without taking into account the need to save life or bomb stocks.

Glad I supported Triangle Service with this release. Definitely worth the $$$ and games I'd never have known of otherwise.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

Compared to SDOJ, it seems that any updates that need to be made for this game are pretty minor. Fixing some SFX, updating some SFX to a higher bitrate, fixing some graphical stuff with XIIZEAL, and spelling "ACHIEVEMENTS" correctly in the main menu.

200X also had some issues with replays desyncing. Anyone experience the same in this game?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Forgive me if this was already addressed someplace, but is there much concrete info out there as to how the stage routes and such work in G-Stream/DeltaZeal?? The ST has a bit of info, but I'm curious as to exactly how to get to all the different places...
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

BulletMagnet wrote:Forgive me if this was already addressed someplace, but is there much concrete info out there as to how the stage routes and such work in G-Stream/DeltaZeal?? The ST has a bit of info, but I'm curious as to exactly how to get to all the different places...
The ST is as good as it gets. I don't think trap15's kept it quite up to scratch but most of the content is there. Between mtume and I we probably know the area you're trying to get to, or otherwise watch the replays and attempt to figure out what they're doing (admittedly I don't always have success doing that myself though).
Danny

Post by Danny »

Finally got to try this out this morning and reminded me that XIIStag is a pretty awesome game. It has some decent enemy patterns and the side shot mechinc feels powerful and is fun to use.

G-stream is also fun but I am having trouble with the power up management at the moment. Also what dictates when you can use the void bom after using it? Because now it seems like a once per life thing which can't be right an it?
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

ST thread has more specifics, but basically the void bomb is powered by particles collected from enemies. When you have over 50 there'll be a piece of text near your item gauge saying 'OK', and then you can use it. The more particles you have, the longer it lasts.
Tucker

Post by Tucker »

I was under the impression this had a scanline option,sure i read it somewhere but seems there isn't. :(
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

Tucker wrote:I was under the impression this had a scanline option,sure i read it somewhere but seems there isn't. :(
It's in the Screen Options

I found two bugs today.

1) Was holding LEFT on the d-pad and paused. Unpaused and the ship kept moving left as if d-pad stuck. Died within seconds. Can't reproduce.

2) At a boss, hold the shot button to slow down and get ready to release shield, but don't. Bomb the boss to death while holding shot. When your ship flies off, its shadow remains on screen until next stage. Easily reproduced, innocuous.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

That second thing exists in the original G-Stream as well.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Finally received my Special Pack. I'm still not terribly fond of XIIZeal/Stag. It suffers from a boring first stage, the side shot is too gimmicky a mechanic to sustain one's interest, and the gameplay feels very limited because of it. However, DeltaZeal is wholly excellent. Lots of branching paths with unique enemies, a dynamic powerup system with more variations than Trizeal's, medaling that won't make you tear your hair out, a medal-generating attack with tantalizing scoring potential, and an interesting first stage really make this package worthwhile. I never spent any significant time with G-Stream because it was so obviously not a finished product, but I have plenty of motivation to do so here. It's amazing that such an obscure game was dug up and finally given a proper release by its original developer over a decade later.

Look on the back of the manual for a neat surprise. (See if you can spot the Dance Dance Revolution bag.)
Tucker

Post by Tucker »

Is it under filter in screen options? All i get is Point (sharp) or Linear (soft).Either i am being really thick or mine has no scanline option.
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

Tucker wrote:Is it under filter in screen options? All i get is Point (sharp) or Linear (soft).Either i am being really thick or mine has no scanline option.
I'm so fucking dumb. I was playing Wonder Boy in Monster Land for PS3 a couple days ago and got confused. There are no scanline options in shooting love.
Tucker

Post by Tucker »

denpanosekai wrote:
Tucker wrote:Is it under filter in screen options? All i get is Point (sharp) or Linear (soft).Either i am being really thick or mine has no scanline option.
I'm so fucking dumb. I was playing Wonder Boy in Monster Land for PS3 a couple days ago and got confused. There are no scanline options in shooting love.
Damn.I was hoping you were right and i was wrong.
How about a patch Triangle for scanlines?Well if you don't ask.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Given the low sales and the high costs for patches I wouldn't wait for one.

If you have a tate display, just add an external scanline box (MiniSLG, RetroVGA or SLG3000) and enjoy Deltazeal with perfect scanlines.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Anyone happen to have a translated tracklist for the OST?

Edit: I guess just a tracklist in general, yeah. Didn't pay attention, and it does show them on the actual disc lol, I'm dumb.
Last edited by drunkninja24 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Or an untranslated one (haven't found a jap tracklist yet).
Some scans or pics would be nice.
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

Some dumb questions.... before anyone asks, my girlfriend likes to play SHMUPs with me once in a while and we usually turn down the difficulty a notch...

1) any achievements affected by difficulty and co-op mode?

2) how exactly are extra credits unlocked? Do you have to play full games or time spent restarting level 1 because of a dumb death doesn't count? I find that I only received the "extra credit" message when entering my initials after a high score.
Tucker

Post by Tucker »

Fudoh wrote:Given the low sales and the high costs for patches I wouldn't wait for one.

If you have a tate display, just add an external scanline box (MiniSLG, RetroVGA or SLG3000) and enjoy Deltazeal with perfect scanlines.
Yes i know they are expensive.

I would love to get a scanline box but can the slg3000 work over HDMI or VGA only?I've tried my xbox360 with VGA connection (microsoft own brand) but wasn't impressed with the results.I got bad anti-aliasing on backgrounds for some reason.I like the crispness of the hdmi (on lcd).
Out of all the vert shooters i own,this and Pink Sweets desperatlely need scan lines.
BTW I've been meaning to ask about this in the hardware section.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

drunkninja24 wrote:Anyone happen to have a translated tracklist for the OST?
Fujino posted it in his May 25 blog update: http://bit.ly/1bfeZsw

Tracks 33 and 34 are the video files. (Manhole and Eien no Traveler live performance)