XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbox360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Ed Oscuro

Re: XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbo

Post by Ed Oscuro »

ReKleSS wrote:There was also a glitch where the player couldn't grab a powerup that was floating around after the boss was the destroyed
Beware the proliferation of glitches!

The slowdown effects / "glitches" spoken of don't sound bad at all. The slowdown really just sounds like a typical thing to let the player exult in winning - strange though if it only triggers from a bomb kill, instead of from just any kill.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

"Still, it's a shame that the menu screens look pretty barren and lack basic features like setting up how many continues you have."
ReKleSS wrote:Credits were limited (start + 2 continues for both games) but I didn't see if that could be configured. You can press X+A or something to start on the 2P side.
It seems reasonable to assume that the game launching framework from "Shooting Love. 200X" has been recycled into "Shooting Love. 10th Anniversary - XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL". Based on that additional credits will likely be unlocked as more hours are logged on each particular game. Not exactly configurable (in the "press SELECT for Credit" sense) but good enough.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Ed Oscuro wrote:
ReKleSS wrote:There was also a glitch where the player couldn't grab a powerup that was floating around after the boss was the destroyed
Beware the proliferation of glitches!

The slowdown effects / "glitches" spoken of don't sound bad at all. The slowdown really just sounds like a typical thing to let the player exult in winning - strange though if it only triggers from a bomb kill, instead of from just any kill.
G-Stream has that as well with the powerups becoming unobtainable, frankly I was hoping it'd be one of the things that got fixed. I noticed a medal at the end of Stage 6 in mtume's replay went straight through the player, which basically means a guaranteed medal reset for the final stage if that's still in DeltaZeal. Damn.

I've seen videos of XII Stag (and in the superplay trailer vids) where the game slows down in parts, particularly in boss explosions you mentioned, which I assume is the arcade version running. It's possible that Fujino has added some form of slowdown emulation to the game, but we'll see when it gets released.

EDIT: One of the videos in question showed the player using the void bombs excessively on the bonus ships in Stage 4 where it appeared to slow down, and occasionally led to segments of the void bomb actually disappearing. If this happened in the original version it'd explain slowdown with the void bombs.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Important note on Triangle Service's website.

Looks like the funny behaviour with the bombs will be fixed in the port, and apparently were fixed for quite a while. I suspect that this may have been a feature on the undumped version of the game around with the ship in the title screen, but with the MAME version being more common we may never know for certain. At least that's one nuance polished better.

In G-Stream G2020 mtume once managed to collect the powerup without collecting the bomb underneath, and the bomb actually floated back up to the top of the screen after going to the bottom. May have just been a funny glitch but if anyone reads this on release day and gets to try it see what happens if you let a bomb go to the bottom.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

That does sound bad, actually, glad to hear it's fixed.
Soft Otaku

Post by Soft Otaku »

Hey all! I went to the Triangle "event" on Sunday and met Toshiaki Fujino, who basically IS Triangle. He gave me an impromptu interview, HELD THE CAMERA WHILE I PLAYED THE GAME, and later joined a friend and myself for a few beers and a bite to eat. I was going to take him to a video game bar as well, but he had to catch the bullet train back to Tokyo. Anyway, he was really nice, obviously, and I enjoyed the game too. Got a few posters as well. I am working on the video for You Tube, but if I type out all the subtitles it is going to take forever.... Also, I am ashamed at how bad & not polite my Japanese was. I think I am going to work on that. I was a bit hyper.... BUT Fujino and I are cool so I guess it's all good.

Only about 20-30 customers tried the game, some of which I am sure just happened into the store. It was basically just a corner of the game section of a Sofmap. It's too bad there weren't more people, but I suppose it was lucky for me!

Thanks to Ian/stuffiwrote on You Tube/Pyongyang on here for telling me about it!
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

Would love to watch your video and I don't give a shit if your japanese is rough. I interviewed the Bullet Soul director once and I was total rubbish but that got him laughing.
ReKleSS

Post by ReKleSS »

Soft Otaku wrote: Only about 20-30 customers tried the game, some of which I am sure just happened into the store. It was basically just a corner of the game section of a Sofmap. It's too bad there weren't more people, but I suppose it was lucky for me!
What time did you get there? I didn't see any cameras around, but I left a bit before 2:30.

There were clearly a few at the start who came because they knew about the event - the people who hung around for a while even after playing. There were also a few who were looking, then played because they were offered the poster.
弾もまたいで通る
Soft Otaku

Post by Soft Otaku »

ReKleSS wrote:
Soft Otaku wrote: Only about 20-30 customers tried the game, some of which I am sure just happened into the store. It was basically just a corner of the game section of a Sofmap. It's too bad there weren't more people, but I suppose it was lucky for me!
What time did you get there? I didn't see any cameras around, but I left a bit before 2:30.

There were clearly a few at the start who came because they knew about the event - the people who hung around for a while even after playing. There were also a few who were looking, then played because they were offered the poster.
I got there just before 4.
denpanosekai wrote:Would love to watch your video and I don't give a shit if your japanese is rough. I interviewed the Bullet Soul director once and I was total rubbish but that got him laughing.
Thanks a lot! I'll burn the midnight oil tonight and see what happens with the subtitles.
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

amiami is shipping
Danny

Post by Danny »

My play-asia order has been shipped! :)
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Just dropped the mohnay for AmiAmi. Getting excited! :D
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Soft Otaku

Post by Soft Otaku »

Man, I'm pretty embarrassed, but the video is up, without subtitles for now. I'll try to add them soon. In the meantime I'm happy to answer questions in the comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwybFSjA03I
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Watching now; getting a bit of it, but very much looking forward to the translation.

Fujino is my waifu
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Pyongyang

Post by Pyongyang »

Thanks Anthony for the signed business card and poster! :D
--
Blog: Pink Bullets / YouTube: StuffiWrote / VGMdb: Pyongyang

Image Image
rtw

Post by rtw »

Soft Otaku wrote:Man, I'm pretty embarrassed, but the video is up, without subtitles for now. I'll try to add them soon. In the meantime I'm happy to answer questions in the comments.

Awesome, can't wait for the rest of the translation, Toshiaki Fujino seems like a great guy!
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

Soft Otaku wrote:Man, I'm pretty embarrassed, but the video is up, without subtitles for now. I'll try to add them soon. In the meantime I'm happy to answer questions in the comments.

Thanks a lot for this! Good idea that you asked him why he went with 360, I've always wondered why (for those who can't understand Japanese, he replied that he did it simply because there already were lots of shooters on 360 so that's where the customers were). And thanks even more for asking him to go for PS4 next gen because Xbox One's forced online / used game control system is infuriating. Hope he does it. :D
Last edited by Friendly on Wed May 29, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Eager for the fully-subtitled version, pretty rare that one of us gets to talk one-on-one with a developer!
Aleksei

Post by Aleksei »

Wow, what an opportunity! Definitely going to watch this when it gets translated.
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

Are you kidding me? This is the coolest thing ever. Gonna take you forever to subtitle that video! Brings back good Osaka memories!!!
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Paid for shipping with EMS today. Including currency transfer charges on the Load&Go card it ended up being like $90 for the Special Pack. Still cheaper than Play-Asia.

Video is excellent. Watching it now. :D

EDIT: Noticed in Stage 3A the planes that fly down, flip and shoot bullets, then fly off are gone. He's made the stage considerably easier to manage with that tweak for survival and scoring, and makes 3A fit more in line with the 'A stages are easier than B' idea for the stage alternates. Also, when the enemies spawn bomb powerups, they do not spawn additional powerups to go with from what I can see.
TastySoil

Post by TastySoil »

Does anyone have an extra poster that was given away at the preview? or know where i could buy one? would love to have one in my game room. Hook a dog up! ;-)
Soft Otaku

Post by Soft Otaku »

Thanks everyone for your support! The subtitles are basically done (in "annotations") up to the first eight and a half minutes, after which I begin playing the game. I will keep chipping away at them!

And TastySoil, I haven't answered your PM because I have been so busy! But my answer for now is MAYBE! :) I just need to finish these subtitles and take care of approximately 200X other things first!
Pyongyang

Post by Pyongyang »

TastySoil wrote:Hook a dog up! ;-)
Done! :mrgreen:

--
Blog: Pink Bullets / YouTube: StuffiWrote / VGMdb: Pyongyang

Image Image
TastySoil

Post by TastySoil »

Soft Otaku: thanks for considering it! No stress ;-) Killer video dude, excited for the subtitles!!
broken harbour

Post by broken harbour »

Just put an order in with Play Asia for this... lol I think have like 6 games on order with them right now.
colour_thief

Post by colour_thief »

This is pretty damn awesome, so thanks for this!

I've already bought the game, but I just wish there was a way I could buy it harder.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

colour_thief wrote:I've already bought the game, but I just wish there was a way I could buy it harder.
This, very much. I should have bought 4 or 5 copies :)
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

colour_thief wrote:I've already bought the game, but I just wish there was a way I could buy it harder.
I believe that's what Fujino had in mind when he made the Special Pack.

Was at a cultural festival recently, and had a professional Japanese calligrapher write a little framed "Shooting Love!" scroll to decorate my vertical TV. Might take a picture once I have the game.

Solaris Japan's orders have shipped.
Vortecks

Post by Vortecks »

I really hope Play-Asia doesn't for some reason run out of this by next week. I had to choose between this and Saidaioujou.