XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbox360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Ed Oscuro

Re: XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbo

Post by Ed Oscuro »

trap15 wrote:They are Triangle Service, after all.
Unfortunately Stevas is a square.

Anyway, I don't care if Stevas is satisfied or not. I just want the game to release at a price where I have a chance of picking it up!
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Stevas is a tad paranoid, not much different from me a few years ago (not that you guys were much better then either). Give him a break.
Special World wrote: You misunderstand me. I love Raiden Fighters. And watching videos of these now, they look a lot better than I initially thought. Might consider picking it up. That side-shot scoring in XIIStag looks pretty annoying, though.

And by "can't justify import prices" I mean that I only import Cave and Qute games because they're some of my favorite companies. I would never import Otomedius or Radirgy or anything. But maybe I'll give this one a shot. I'm super glad I took a chance on Eschatos, and maybe these will be pretty cool. I kind of always wanted Shooting Love for that minigame mode, but never cared quite enough to get around to it.
Ah. Misread indeed. My apologies. Still, my point stands: the beauty is in the detail, and Triangle Service paid a fair bit of attention to doing so in gameplay as well as the 2D aesthetic. For instance, the thrust under the XII Stag ship actually deals damage to enemies and adds to the multiplier which most people forget. If unsure, they're both emulated to try-before-buy if you're into that sort of thing, although XIIStag has no sound in MAME thanks to the music chip in the Taito G-NET not being emulated yet.

Regarding the menu I'm with VixyNyan: very interested to see what the yellow sections are, they can't just be there for nothing. I suspect some of them will probably be options menus (I hope) for things like button config and screen/TATE, but they could be minigames or something too. I'm happy just with a 'finished' G-Stream that I can actually play.
Kollision wrote:So XIIzeal = XII Stag?
XIIZeal was the rebrand they used for XII Stag when they ported it to Windows Phone. To the best of my knowledge it's the same game, but I do wonder how they'll integrate the score and whatever else.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

I'll have my silly square vs. triangle joke whether you like it or not, thank you very much 8)

I've got nothing against Stevas, but it's true, I don't care what he thinks, nor should anybody else. The evidence out there is good and that's really all that we need to know.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Ok, I'll admit that was a good joke. I think we all agree that we hope the Triangle-shaped people do well with this release. :P
VixyNyan

Post by VixyNyan »

BPzeBanshee wrote: Regarding the menu I'm with VixyNyan: very interested to see what the yellow sections are, they can't just be there for nothing. I suspect some of them will probably be options menus (I hope) for things like button config and screen/TATE, but they could be minigames or something too. I'm happy just with a 'finished' G-Stream that I can actually play.
It could also be some Game Center Love-related mini games as well.

And also a few of the contents in these videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NWPF6C02PY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22c__b8mO4Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0xWyNmQFJU

The official site also mentioned CombatZeal.

A promo video of Game Center Love from last year.
Last edited by VixyNyan on Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rebecca Loveheart - Love & Snuggles~ <3
[ TrueAchievements | PSN Profile | Youtube | LiveStreaming ]
Giest118: SDOJ is great and the port will also be great.
moh: play games. they're fun.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

BPzeBanshee wrote:Ok, I'll admit that was a good joke. I think we all agree that we hope the Triangle-shaped people do well with this release. :P
Just noticed my avatar's head is definitely a triangle. Good to go!
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

BPzeBanshee wrote:Regarding the menu I'm with VixyNyan: very interested to see what the yellow sections are, they can't just be there for nothing. I suspect some of them will probably be options menus (I hope) for things like button config and screen/TATE, but they could be minigames or something too. I'm happy just with a 'finished' G-Stream that I can actually play.
Given the level of recycling that Fujino has to practice to get anything done the options are probably found on the menu that navigates to the game menu - just like in "Shooting Love, 200X". Given that this is a (potentially all region) 10th anniversary (of G-Stream G 2020/XII Stag/Triangle Service) collection including "Exzeal" and "Trizeal Remix" as unlockables could make some sense especially as both feature the "XII" (Unit 4) ship (this would be extremely generous - though less work than porting some Ga-Cen Love mini games).

He could then practice a completely different type of "locking" by hiding the unlockables behind some ridiculously astronomical XIIZEAL score - and for good measure associate some achievements with the unlockables (you can always buy "Shooting Love, 200X" if you aren't good enough in XIIZEAL) :mrgreen:.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Since not everybody has played Shooting Love why don't they just throw the same skills test into the new game? Unless they would have to pay SL's publisher and spare disc space allowing they might aswell since it'll pad out the shmups.

Anyway isn't the sideways shooting of XIIStag abit rough on arcade sticks? Hopefully they'll add an auto waggle button, like Mushi and Psyvariar do for their odd means of firing.
nZero

Post by nZero »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:Since not everybody has played Shooting Love why don't they just throw the same skills test into the new game? Unless they would have to pay SL's publisher and spare disc space allowing they might aswell since it'll pad out the shmups.
Triangle Service self-published Shooting Love 200X.
TrevHead (TVR) wrote:Anyway isn't the sideways shooting of XIIStag abit rough on arcade sticks? Hopefully they'll add an auto waggle button, like Mushi and Psyvariar do for their odd means of firing.
Yes, which is why the PS2 port already had a button for auto side attack, although IIRC you still needed to waggle for full strength. Psyvariar series didn't really need the roll button, or at least should have disabled the roll while stationary.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

I think it was fullpower in the auto wobble shot but you gotta specify a direction if you really want it to go somewhere other than willy-nilly left/right. So long as they keep it to like the PS2 port, which had customisable buttons, TATE and arcade-perfect game with attract sequences it'll be just dandy.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Would be good if they included the stuff from Game Center Love too, then we could all play Pengo! :o
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

nZero wrote:Yes, which is why the PS2 port already had a button for auto side attack, although IIRC you still needed to waggle for full strength.
I seem to recall it offering two separate optional "auto-waggle" buttons, one for "regular strength" and one for "full strength" side blasts. Been awhile since I played it last though, heh.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:Hopefully they'll add an auto waggle button.
It is called "rapid side attack" in "Shooting Love, 200X" and is mapped by default to the right bumper button (i.e. it can be remapped) for the "Unit 4" craft in "Exzeal" and "XII" craft in "Trizeal Remix".
BulletMagnet wrote:I seem to recall it offering two separate optional "auto-waggle" buttons, one for "regular strength" and one for "full strength" side blasts.
As far as I can tell "rapid side attack" in "Shooting Love, 200X" is full strength - "regular side attack" would be limited to simple left/right movement.
VixyNyan

Post by VixyNyan »

Mero wrote:Would be good if they included the stuff from Game Center Love too, then we could all play Pengo! :o
Yes please~ <3

And CombatZeal too, of course, with one of the multiplayer stages having a reference to Gradius in them. :lol:
Rebecca Loveheart - Love & Snuggles~ <3
[ TrueAchievements | PSN Profile | Youtube | LiveStreaming ]
Giest118: SDOJ is great and the port will also be great.
moh: play games. they're fun.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

VixyNyan wrote:
Mero wrote:Would be good if they included the stuff from Game Center Love too, then we could all play Pengo! :o
Yes please~ <3

And CombatZeal too, of course, with one of the multiplayer stages having a reference to Gradius in them. :lol:
Lets please keep in mind that Triangle Service is the smallest of the small studios - a single developer for the most part. All these "goodies" represent work for him, so he has to choose his candidates with some care. XIIZEAL seems to be at the core of his effort (despite general lukewarm public reception of XII Stag) as he seems to put the XII craft into all of his games. The way G-stream G2020 was left to escape into the wild probably bugged him for the last 10+ years and he wanted to give it "his proper" release - which explains ΔZEAL (which for all we know is actually TRIANGLEZEAL rather than DELTAZEAL).

While CombatZeal seems to be on the surface a logical evolution of "The Shmups Skill Test" into a multi-player arcade game, it actually abandons the fundamental STG pursuit of high scores (and 1CCs) that are still at the core of "The Shmups Skill Test".
  • CombatZeal really only works with multiple human players. The scores are basically meaningless as the players constantly interfere with one another - its all about 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place between a group of people. Playing solo would require (additional) "bot-players" and just wouldn't be the same.
  • Local multi-player should be simple enough but that isn't what Xbox 360 multi-player is all about. Trying to implement Xbox LIVE multi-player in CombatZeal would possibly be new territory for him and therefore be a risky effort.
Given these factors it may simply not be worth the effort to port CombatZeal to the Xbox 360 as part of this collection.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

The Japanese spelling of ΔZEAL says DELTAZEAL, so it's not trianglezeal :P
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

And in the poster picture on the website linked some posts ago it clearly has copyright info stating "DELTAZEAL (C) TRIANGLE SERVICE".

Regarding how the PS2 port works, I fired it up today so I'm not going off the top of my head on this:
- in the general settings, there is an ON/OFF for 'Side Attack' and 'Rapid Side Attack'
- 'Side Attack' is actually the entire process, switching that off makes you completely unable to use it in-game. No idea why you'd want to do this.
- 'Rapid Side Attack' is the autofire button for it, if off it doesn't do anything, if on then pressing the associated button will make it autofire
- the 'Rapid Side Attack' is full strength as far as I can tell

Seems you guys who are trying to remember the PS2 port off the top of your heads have got the 'Side Attack' option confused as a kind of second autofire.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

trap15 wrote:The Japanese spelling of ΔZEAL says DELTAZEAL, so it's not trianglezeal :P
Let me rephrase then - look at the TRIZEAL logo:

You could argue that the spelling here is TRIZEΔL and we all know that the second last letter is "A" not "Δ" (DELTA). So the name ΔZEAL or even ΔZEΔL was chosen not because it is the greek letter DELTA but because the greek letter DELTA looks like a triangle.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

HydrogLox wrote:
trap15 wrote:The Japanese spelling of ΔZEAL says DELTAZEAL, so it's not trianglezeal :P
Let me rephrase then - look at the TRIZEAL logo:

You could argue that the spelling here is TRIZEΔL and we all know that the second last letter is "A" not "Δ" (DELTA). So the name ΔZEAL or even ΔZEΔL was chosen not because it is the greek letter DELTA but because the greek letter DELTA looks like a triangle.
It's the same with exzeal too.

RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

The DELTA/triangle also comes across as a rudimentary vertical scrolling STG craft. So showing exactly one DELTA/triangle in TRIZEΔL, EXZEΔL, XIIZEΔL and ΔZEAL (irrespective of any supported two player modes) makes sense as 1CCs and high scores are a single player pursuit (the -ZEΔL suffix guarantees at least one possible placement). COMBΔTZEΔL on the other hand was designed for multi-player from day one - so showing at least two DELTAs/triangles is appropriate.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

I thought Square was bad with Final Fantasy but XIIStag XIIZEAL, EXZEAL, Lemon ZEAL. Colour me confused with Tri's choice of title-ing :?

Ateast we should have an "auto waggle" feature in the game, that's good news.
KAI

Post by KAI »

デルタジール (Deltazeal). Period
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

I'm still calling it G-Stream. Fuck the police.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Me too.

Speaking of which, did you know that if you do a straight record of Stage 2's music for it in MAME, record/extract the music for it in the Carbonara trailer, then get the trailer music and reduce speed in Audacity by exactly 5 you align the music with eachother *perfectly*? Hearing the high-quality stuff at original speed is pretty excellent: in fact I wonder if that's how the final product SHOULD turn out.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?24b914ejb5gqt7e - example music there. Three folders: arcade versions, trailer versions, then trailer versions reduced in speed by 5%.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Triangle Service's twitter feed just linked to this: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/624/624091/

So we now have confirmed TATE (with filtering options along with the usual stuff), customisable controls and rapid side shot. There's also a bit more info on the limited edition version.

Cover:

Details:
■特典サウンドトラック収録内容
・『ΔZEAL』使用楽曲
・『XIIZEAL』使用楽曲
・未使用楽曲
・ゲームセンターテクノポリス&トライアングル・サービス10周年記念イベント“新潟事変”ライブ映像
【出演】
 Vocal:夏目響子(『25th Anniversary ロックマン Rock Arrange Ver』、『悪魔城ドラキュラトリビュート vol.2』他)
 Guitar:Naoto(『XIIZEAL』、『ΔZEAL』他)
 Keyboard:桐岡麻季(『ANUBIS ZONE OF ENDERS』他)
・知った気になれるゲーム講座(藤野社長によるコラム)
Google Translate sez:
Privilege Soundtrack collecting contents
· "ΔZEAL" use music
· "XIIZEAL" use music
Unused music
· 10th anniversary event "Niigata incident" live video game center Technopolis and Triangle Service
[Appearance]
Vocal: Natsume Kyoko ("25th Anniversary Rockman Rock Arrange Ver", "Castlevania tribute vol.2", etc.)
Guitar: Naoto ("XIIZEAL", "ΔZEAL" and others)
Keyboard: Kirioka Maki ("ANUBIS ZONE OF ENDERS" and others)
· (Column by Fujino President) game course you get used to I think I know
Probably not much more info than what's on the Triangle Service website for those soundtrack details but cool to hear nonetheless! I am so buying this next week!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Sick coverart. METAL DEATH MACHINERY THE FUCK EVERYWHERE. And not a twink in sight. Image
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Ohhhh shit that cover is beautiful.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Finally preordered the Special Pack. Greatly looking forward to being able to play the finished version of G-Stream, it's been over a decade coming. I hope this has a scanline/phosphor filter as quality as the ones in Raiden Fighters Aces and Mushi Futari.

If it comes with the poster seen in that photo, I'm going to get it framed.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

BPzeBanshee wrote:Triangle Service's twitter feed just linked to this: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/624/624091/

So we now have confirmed TATE (with filtering options along with the usual stuff)
Can you tell where this is confirmed?

My Japanese language skill are non-existent and
the few pics I see in that link only show horizontal pics with borders left and right.
Will this have the option to rotate the screen like in Mushi HD.
(come to think of it 200X had TATE...but just want to be sure)
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
nZero

Post by nZero »

Super Laydock wrote:Can you tell where this is confirmed?
Check the pictures again: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/627/627452/