The Shmups Forum Dead Pool

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
BIL

Re: The Shmups Forum Dead Pool

Post by BIL »

Lord British wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:36 pm RIP Steve Albini you amazing asshole
Fuck. Helluva run. Will always treasure the little sticker on my Songs About Fucking warning that it's not as good as Atomizer. Image
Lord British

Post by Lord British »

BIL wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:14 pm
Lord British wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:36 pm RIP Steve Albini you amazing asshole
Fuck. Helluva run. Will always treasure the little sticker on my Songs About Fucking warning that it's not as good as Atomizer. Image
He was honest. It wasn't as good as Atomizer!
BIL

Post by BIL »

:lol:

I still have this bankers box heaving with BB/Rapeman/Shellac vinyl, and a bunch of production works... my brother-in-law handed them off to me when he "couldn't be arsed anymore m8" after FLACing everything, circa Napster. Atomizer/SoF and Goat are still among my go-tos when demoing new gear, bone-crushing power. Image

Damn though. 61's no age at all, but otherwise, him going out in a studio heart attack is about as on the nose as it gets. :o

https://www.theguardian.com/music/artic ... es-aged-61
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Oh holy nuts and a half. Albini!??

What a young dude to buy the farm. Idk, I guess cheeseburgers? Damn. Sad Otter man. Sad Otter
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The world famous low budget B-movie director/producer, Roger Corman (the "King of BS" films), died at his Santa Monica home. He was 98 (1926-2024). The initial film screenings by the MPAA back in the 1970s that were made/produced by Roger Corman's film production company, Concorde Films, according to director Joe Dante, were originally rated X. Dante said that they would remove the questionable scenes to satisfy the MPAA, and reinsert the scenes right back in before the movie was released on the big screen (i.e. -- Inhumanoids From the Deep circa 1980).

May he rest in peace.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
BIL

Post by BIL »

Blimey, good run. I'm a little ashamed to say I didn't know he was still around all these years! A legend in his own time. ;-;7
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Hats off to a real one ;-;7

And Albini too. Yikes.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'd figured Roger Corman immortal
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

He survived WWII anyway. He clearly had a strong will to continue, and a great drive to create