"Capcom Arcade Cabinet" for PSN and XBLA

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
BPzeBanshee

Re: "Capcom Arcade Cabinet" for PSN and XBLA

Post by BPzeBanshee »

That sounds more like a bug than anything. :?
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

No problem, just 1cc it. I mean it's just Black Tiger.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

BPzeBanshee wrote:That sounds more like a bug than anything. :?
I makes me wonder if it's Capcom working around some MS policy.
MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:No problem, just 1cc it. I mean it's just Black Tiger.

I don't have much experience with this game, is it harder than (EDIT) Raygar or Shinobi?
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Sweet, I was actually interested in Black Tiger, never got to play it in the arcades. Looking forward to it.
MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:No problem, just 1cc it. I mean it's just Black Tiger.
Is it that easy? I played it briefly on MAME and died pretty quickly.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

*Sarcasm* that game is hard as a mofo from what I remember. I haven't really put a lot of effort into it though.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Ruldra wrote:Is it that easy? I played it briefly on MAME and died pretty quickly.
Easier than Rygar and Rastan (Rastan is unfair as hell IMHO). I clear Black Tiger on every try.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
wariomona

Post by wariomona »

Yeah I haven't 1cc'd it because I haven't played it that much but Black Tiger is definitely easy for an arcade game. From what I understand, the Japanese version, called Black Dragon, is significantly more difficult.

Anyway, since I don't care about throwing away money I'll be getting these as they arrive. My goal is to get a top 25 score on every single game. (may adjust this goal if it turns out I suck too much)
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

wariomona wrote:Anyway, since I don't care about throwing away money I'll be getting these as they arrive.
If you wait until all games are released, you'll probably be able to buy them all in a bundle for a better price instead of buying each pack separately.
mastermx wrote:
wariomona

Post by wariomona »

^ There's no 'probably' about it. It has been confirmed to be so.
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

I'm just glad that they put in tate. Hopefully they put in some nice video options on the collection also.
Marc

Post by Marc »

D wrote:So we have to wait until may for 30 year old games
wait, ....

So many Capcom games come to mind that should be ported instead.
Why is every gaming company always releasing like 10 of their 100 games and re-releasing those 10 games 20 times.
And totaly disregarding the other 90 games they made.
And those 10 games they keep re-releasing are not even their best games.
This goes for Sega, Capcom, Data East, Namco.
This, totally. How many times can CapCom repackage these games? Wouldn't mind so much but the price is fucking ridiculous. Where's Street Fighter 1? Strider? Tiger Road? LED Storm? etc etc etc... Yeah, not brilliant games maybe, but with a wide selection at, say, 80 points a go, I'd buy them for convenience's sake. These shitty rehased bundles, no chance.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Bought CAPCOM Arcade Cabinet. No problems running this in a cabinet for those who wanna do that.

* Full screen 4:3 (ain't no forced wide screen-bullshit)
* Manual zoom and positioning, multiple full screen options
* Scanlines and smoothing available (look crap in 480p, might look good in higher res)
* Screen and menu rotate (play horizontal games in TATE if you wanna)
* Region select for all games (Japanese/International)
* Coin on/off
* All games have assignable autofire buttons (you have to assign regular shots though or you can't leave the controls menu)
* Wallpapers for 16:9 screens
* Sound settings (Equalizer, stereo/mono, volume)
* Online Leaderboards, replay recording

Trial versions of Ghost 'n Goblins, GunSmoke. and Section Z included already.

Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Daigohji

Post by Daigohji »

I'm confused as to why this was a 1.2Gb installation. Not that I'm bothered, I just don't see where all that space is going.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Daigohji wrote:I'm confused as to why this was a 1.2Gb installation. Not that I'm bothered, I just don't see where all that space is going.
Maybe the game music is in .wav format. :lol:
system11

Post by system11 »

This is the first time I've given Capcom money for Black Tiger. Finally I had an opportunity.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

system11 wrote:This is the first time I've given Capcom money for Black Tiger. Finally I had an opportunity.
You're better off playing Black Dragon though, especially since it's included. I just played through 1943's "casual" mode. What a joke. You get the side planes at the beginning of each stage, the weapon count stays firmly at 64 and you don't seem to take damage from using bombs. :shock: Oh, and the enemies fire their weapons casual, like.
system11

Post by system11 »

emphatic wrote:
system11 wrote:This is the first time I've given Capcom money for Black Tiger. Finally I had an opportunity.
You're better off playing Black Dragon though, especially since it's included. I just played through 1943's "casual" mode. What a joke. You get the side planes at the beginning of each stage, the weapon count stays firmly at 64 and you don't seem to take damage from using bombs. :shock: Oh, and the enemies fire their weapons casual, like.
I can't complete Black Tiger though, and Dragon is even harder.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Thanks for the heads up emph. Great to know it works on 4:3 screens.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

The dtoid review says they aren't giving us the option to buy them as one big pack (2000msp) until May, I'll wait until then. But yeah this collection is rather shitty compared to Capcoms boxed ones.

Anyway it appears that KIA is one of the bonus games. IIRC the other is Vulgus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL-RazDbtE8 YT trailer with bonus games attract screens blurred (skip to 2:00)

Since this doesn't warrant a thread of it's own I'll mention it here.

Bad Caterpillar on XBLIG looks to be a faithful remake of Centipede with more shmup like gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrEHz1qJp5c
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:Since this doesn't warrant a thread of it's own I'll mention it here.

Bad Caterpillar on XBLIG looks to be a faithful remake of Centipede with more shmup like gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrEHz1qJp5c
Already a thread for it here.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Can you save the rotation of the controls separately for each game? They seem to be directly linked to the menu rotation...
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Klatrymadon wrote:Can you save the rotation of the controls separately for each game? They seem to be directly linked to the menu rotation...
I thought you could, but it seems you're right. :( Not a big deal for most folks I guess, but for us with rotatable monitors it's an annoyance for sure.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

It is, slightly. I keep starting score attack games and then having to restart because of the controls, hehe (pausing to change the controls stops or invalidates your run, apparently).
mice

Post by mice »

What a package! It's so smooooth! Way to go Capcom!
system11

Post by system11 »

I was all happy that finally there was a good way for more people to love Black Tiger, then then ...

.. then I noticed something:

The contents of chests and item pots are no longer random.

Just try it - row of keys in the pots and nothing in the first two chests, every single time. Also the audio balance between effects and music is wrong, and the music doesn't play properly in certain places (notably the dungeon and game over tunes).

Sigh, port is fucked - you read it here first. The fact that they screwed up one game does call into question the accuracy of all the others.
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Hmm this seems kinda neat. But with the existence of Mame it's hard for me to get excited about things like this now. I wish I wasn't such a pirate otherwise I'd be all over this ;) How is the lagg on the controls? The Final Fight + Magic Sword release on the 360 were sooo laggy I found it unplayable compared to the PCB or a good Mame setup.
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

system11 wrote:I was all happy that finally there was a good way for more people to love Black Tiger, then then ...

Just try it - row of keys in the pots and nothing in the first two chests, every single time. Also the audio balance between effects and music is wrong, and the music doesn't play properly in certain places (notably the dungeon and game over tunes).

Sigh, port is fucked - you read it here first. The fact that they screwed up one game does call into question the accuracy of all the others.
I haven't actually played the port yet (left hand is in a plaster cast atm), but this sounds bad. :o
system11

Post by system11 »

emphatic wrote:
system11 wrote:I was all happy that finally there was a good way for more people to love Black Tiger, then then ...

I haven't actually played the port yet (left hand is in a plaster cast atm), but this sounds bad. :o
Yup, if it wasn't for the hidden item in Dungeon 1, you'd just skip it now.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Are you playing the 360 version? I'll check the PS3 one later today and see if the items are random or not.
mastermx wrote:
system11

Post by system11 »

Yep, 360.

I uploaded a video, you can see the item distribution there and may notice the sound hiccup from time to time - the port is doing that, nothing to do with youtube/capture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7WbSsN9rl4