I've been to hell and back, and other Makaimura Miscellanies

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
samspot

Re: I've been to hell and back, and other Makaimura Miscellanies

Post by samspot »

Thanks! I finally got the first loop cleared on the JP version yesterday. A 1cc of the first loop seems a lot more doable but I think after that I’d rather work the second game than try to completely 1cc 2 loops.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

Okay, I'm sold on Resurrection. Can anyone tell me how it runs on the Switch? wondering if getting it on PC is better. Being portable would be nice.
Sir Ilpalazzo

Post by Sir Ilpalazzo »

scrilla4rella wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:18 am Okay, I'm sold on Resurrection. Can anyone tell me how it runs on the Switch? wondering if getting it on PC is better. Being portable would be nice.
Only having played the Switch version, it doesn't have any framedrops or visible issues. I wouldn't be surprised if the PC version is smoother in some way but the Switch version at least is perfectly fine.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you!
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

EDIT: Ugh, missed the last page of posts when I wrote the post below

I think the original Ghosts n Goblins can be quite enjoyable to learn to beat with credit feeding, due to the checkpoints as mentioned.

The game is pretty easy to learn up to stage 5, but those last two stages is where it gets tough, and you get no mid-stage checkpoints at that point. So even with infinite lives, making it through one of them is an achievement regardless. However, I recommend you play the Japan "G" revision as it's the latest version of the game with the least amount of BS. The biggest issue is the Satan bosses which can be nearly impossible to defeat on most of the international revisions, and not in a fun way. The double unicorn encounter on stage 6 is less of an issue since there's an armor upgrade immediately after it, but it's still bullshit. :P

For Ghouls/Daimakaimura it's different. You gotta credit feed to learn the game, but the it is really all about that 2-ALL clear, since a single loop is easier to fluke than two.