RQ: Cotton 100% last boss strategy?

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Herr Schatten

RQ: Cotton 100% last boss strategy?

Post by Herr Schatten »

I got this yesterday and found it to be excellent fun. I also found it to be unexpectedly easy, as I reached the last boss (at least I assume she's the final boss, as she looks like the final boss of the first Cotton game) on my second go.

However, despite the fact that I one-lifed up to that point (with the help of the barrier magic), I couldn't beat her. The barrier is quite useless against her. I did manage to strip her of her shield, but while doing so I kept losing all my lives within a few seconds.

Any strategies?
She can't possibly be ten times harder than the rest of the game, can she?
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

If I remember correctly, her patterns are relatively easy, though tougher than any other patterns in the rest of the game. I think I remember a charge shot and then some lasers. I'll check again tonight to get a definate strategy.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I remember being squished repeatedly by this boss too, though I haven't played Cotton 100% in a while...I seem to remember a certain lightning attack she'd use, which would completely block you off from moving forward, and THEN it would move towards you, trap you against the left side, and cheap-kill you, if she activated it too close to you. There must've been a trick to either make her use it only close to the right side, or else to be able to move to the right of it before she'd use it...I'd hafta play the game again.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

I think that you can herd her to the edge of the screen, then it either disappears or you can move around it....can't remember which though. Still havn't found it to boot it up.