Air Duel

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Despatche

Air Duel

Post by Despatche »

3 lives, Normal difficulty. There will also be "Jet only" and "Heli only" boards, because that sounds awesome.
----------
Post scores in this format:

Code: Select all

SHIP
NAME - SCORE - MISSION - AUTOFIRE - DETAILS
The "DETAILS" section should be used to note what you used to play the game; if it was a particular console or emulator (and its build/version number), or if it was a specific release/version of the game (unless there are known regional differences, in which case those versions may have their own boards).

Code: Select all

1. Perikles - 1,088,800 - ALL - Yes - ShmupMAME v4.2
Heli only
Last edited by Despatche on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Perikles

Re: Air Duel [Arcade]

Post by Perikles »

Jet only

Perikles - 832,300 - 12 - Yes - ShmupMAME v4.2

Video

God, I can't stand this game. A 2-ALL is not all that difficult, but you have to dole out your bombs carefully, dying before the last stretch of the final level in loop 2 is likewise completely out of the question. Not going to bother with that, however, it's just not fun having to hug the bottom of the screen most of the time and getting severely punished for minuscule "mistakes". I got a chuckle out of my heroic flapping after losing a life in 2-3/10, though, that's the main reason I uploaded the video.

If people were actually playing this game I'd recommend splitting the board for autofire/non-autofire. How fortuitous this is not the case!

Now that I got the nadir out of the way I probably clear the few Irem games I've yet to do. Would you like to create threads for Gallop, Thunder Blaster and Youjyuden, Despatche? You currently hold custody over most of their titles, are you interested in these, perchance?
Perikles

Re: Air Duel

Post by Perikles »

Perikles wrote:A 2-ALL is not all that difficult [...]. Not going to bother with that, however [...]
:oops:

Jet only

Perikles - 1,088,800 - ALL - Yes - ShmupMAME v4.2

Video

Barely had enough resources to make it through the final stage, the final boss also just had to kill me once before he immediately died thereafter, the vengeful bastard.