RevolGear II

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Despatche

RevolGear II

Post by Despatche »

This board currently tracks:

REVOLGEAR II v1.00: http://necobikkuri.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-129.html
REVOLGEAR II -SECOND BRIGHTNESS- v1.60: http://necobikkuri.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-180.html

REVOLGEAR II Ver.D REVISION+ v1.50: http://necobikkuri.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-164.html
REVOLGEAR II Ver.D REVISION+EX v1.50+ Fix3: http://necobikkuri.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-195.html

Second Brightness and DR+EX (heh) are always available at the above links, and are the main versions. Current SB version is 1.60, current DR+EX version is Fix3. Links to the other versions have decayed over the years. An archive for many different versions of the game, including the above, is available here.

RevolGear II is the original final release of the game, while Second Brightness is mostly a content patch for it. Ver.D is a Darius-esque arrange made by another developer named XYRS, while Ver.D EX is a Black Label with various changes. If any of the other versions interest you, just ask and I'll open a board for it.
----------
REVOLGEAR II: Uduki started off as a secret character in this game, but I don't know how to unlock her.
SECOND BRIGHTNESS: I don't know how to unlock the boss rush, Infinity mode, and the Universe difficulty, but it probably requires 1CCing this and that. Uduki is probably still in the game, and there's also a Type-Z somewhere.
REVISION+EX: To start All Stage Maniac, hold down A at the beginning of All Stage. To start Boss Rush, select Final Stage and move to the bottom half of the screen; then you can pick Normal or Maniac. There also seems to be an Extra Stage, but I don't know how to get there. The new Fix3 version has a file with lots of information about secrets. It also has an Another Mission mode as a separate program (in the omake_am folder).
----------
Post scores in this format:

Code: Select all

VERSION - MODE - TYPE
NAME - SCORE - STAGE - VERSION????
Every now and then a version might version itself. Maybe note this if you can?

=TYPE-1=
1.  Shimatora         -   265,080 -  6 

=TYPE-2=
=TYPE-3=
=TYPE-4=
REVOLGEAR II -SECOND BRIGHTNESS- v1.60
START
NOVICE

=TYPE-1=
=TYPE-2=
=TYPE-3=
=TYPE-4=
ARCADE

=TYPE-1=
=TYPE-2=
=TYPE-3=
=TYPE-4=
HARD

=TYPE-1=
=TYPE-2=
=TYPE-3=
=TYPE-4=
UNIVERSE

=TYPE-1=
=TYPE-2=
=TYPE-3=
=TYPE-4=
INFINITY
NOVICE

=TYPE-1=
=TYPE-2=
=TYPE-3=
=TYPE-4=
ARCADE

=TYPE-1=
=TYPE-2=
=TYPE-3=
=TYPE-4=
HARD

=TYPE-1=
=TYPE-2=
=TYPE-3=
=TYPE-4=
UNIVERSE

=TYPE-1=
=TYPE-2=
=TYPE-3=
=TYPE-4=
----------
REVOLGEAR II Ver.D REVISION+ v1.50

=TYPE-1=
=TYPE-2=
=TYPE-3=
=TYPE-4=
=TYPE-5=
=TYPE-6=
=TYPE-7=
=D-UDUKI=
=TYPE-G=
REVOLGEAR II Ver.D REVISION+EX v1.50+
NORMAL

=TYPE-1=
=TYPE-2=
=TYPE-3=
=TYPE-4=
1.  OAT               - 2,475,790 -  7  [Fix2]

=TYPE-5=
=TYPE-6=
=TYPE-7=
1.  OAT               - 2,058,830 -  6  [Fix2]

=D-UDUKI=
=TYPE-G=
=P-TYPE=
MANIAC

=TYPE-1=
=TYPE-2=
=TYPE-3=
=TYPE-4=
=TYPE-5=
=TYPE-6=
=TYPE-7=
=D-UDUKI=
=TYPE-G=
1.  Legendary Hoamaru - 1 803 890 -  6  [Fix2]

=P-TYPE=
ANOTHER MISSION

=TYPE-1=
=TYPE-2=
=TYPE-3=
=TYPE-4=
=TYPE-5=
=TYPE-6=
=TYPE-7=
=D-UDUKI=
=TYPE-G=
=P-TYPE=
Last edited by Despatche on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:01 am, edited 34 times in total.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Shimatora

Re: Revolgear II [PC]

Post by Shimatora »

Here, have my first credit!

Shimatora - 265,080 - ? - Type 1

I cannot for the life of me remember which stage I died on, but I think it was the final stage. Also, there's plenty of things I'm missing, so expect a new score from me soon.
Despatche

Re: RevolGear II (series) [PC]

Post by Despatche »

Bumping so that you may gaze upon the glory that is about 2 years of different branches of RevolGear development.

And yes, if anyone can find the original RevolGear and the original RevolGear Ver.D Revision, that'd be great.

edit: Don't mind me, just moving the boards around a hundred times. If anyone wants me to split Ver.D off into its own thread, let me know.
beatsgo

Re: RevolGear (series) [PC]

Post by beatsgo »

RevolGear II Ver.D REVISION+EX 1.50+ is pure quality: great difficulty curve, many ships to work with, well thought out enemy placement and neat bullet patterns. Type-4 ship is OP.

REVOLGEAR II Ver.D REVISION+EX v1.50+ - Normal - TYPE-4
OAT - 1692170 - ST5

Ignore the top score: didn't 1CCed the game yet.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
shmups IRC wrote:wich linode wud u fuk
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Wow, I guess I underestimated R+EX Normal then! Good to hear.

I figured one or another ship was going to be totally broken, haha.
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

What's with the 1 at the end of the first score?

In other news, I asked the developer about those older versions, and he gladly uploaded them for public use! Download link is in the first post.
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

Despatche wrote:What's with the 1 at the end of the first score?

In other news, I asked the developer about those older versions, and he gladly uploaded them for public use! Download link is in the first post.
You know what I just figured it out: it's the amount of times you credit feed. I accidentally put another credit, which for some odd reason adds 1 to the score. You can only put up to 9 credits, thus you'll know who credit feed through the game. That's pretty neat IMO. So my actual score is 2475790, not 2475791.

Trust me, here's the zip of my run. Make sure you backup your scores and replay.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Bumping to point out that those having trouble acquiring versions now have a super convenient link that has everything. Please use the listed links to grab anything that's still up though!
Legendary Hoamaru

Post by Legendary Hoamaru »

Maniac mode and Ver. D Rev + EX in general are freaking awesome. I'm glad they made this one, as I felt the Second Brightness lacked intensity besides the final boss.

In Second Brightness I unlocked Universe just by clearing hard. It wasn't a 1cc and I didn't kill the last Revolgear boss then. Wow what a difficulty spike there.

Didn't know about these other versions though, probably will sample them all.
Legendary Hoamaru

Here is a Maniac score after playing around with all the ships today. Did the best with Type G, I think it is one of the best all around ships with how fast it can take out popcorns.

REVOLGEAR II Ver.D REVISION+EX v1.50+ - Maniac - Type G
Legendary Hoamaru - 1103260 - Stage 4

I think most ships are powerful in their own way. Type 4 and 5 are pretty good for survival as their "bombs" are quickly rechargable. Type 6 I think I remember having strong shots, able to take out bosses quickly.

Type 7 is pretty weird. Its base version is very bad but when you get it powered up it can be pretty damaging.

That animal/person type is standard Gradius with laser/ripple/double and following options.

I'll write about the other types when I remember about them later lol.
Legendary Hoamaru

Gave it some more shots today.

REVOLGEAR II Ver.D REVISION+EX v1.50+ - Maniac - Type G
Legendary Hoamaru - 1803890 - Stage 6

Also, this and the last were Maniac Mode scores. You have mines listed under normal mode ATM :P.

Still no clue on what determines the point value for the point pickups. If it is tied to the frame of the animation then that is quite a tight window.
Despatche

Re: RevolGear II

Post by Despatche »

Thanks to the developer once again, I finally got the versions sorted out. He sent me even more versions, some of which I've never even heard of before. I think that Kai version inspired Ver.D.

Be very careful when messing with the configs. There's a soft reset command set to A+S+Space and changing those keys will affect that. CONFIG.DAT contains button labels for the config program, don't delete it. CONFIG.INI is where actual changes are saved, you should be able to delete it but still be careful.
Despatche

Re: RevolGear II

Post by Despatche »

Looks like DR+EX was updated into "Fix3" around when I made that last post. There are some decent-sized changes, like the SP gauge now refills automatically for most of Maniac, and various level design changes. If anyone wants yet another split for this, uhhhhhh. Maybe?

Thought I'd add a VERSION field because of this. If anyone has an older version of SB, this is also good for that. I should have done this when SB updated back then. Don't have that old version anymore (v1.502F I think?)...

Thread still sort of a bad idea? Still super shady.

edit: oh christ the dr+ex update has another fucking version with it. you know what? i'm calling it a mode