DoDonPachi Saidaioujou coming to Xbox 360 (REGION-FREE!)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
-S.L-

Re: DoDonPachi Saidaioujou coming to Xbox 360 (REGION-FREE!)

Post by -S.L- »

After your bullets has hit them ? :?:

Not quite sure what do you mean by that, but I'm pretty sure that in any matter it is just a matter of esthetism ;)
slateman

Post by slateman »

-S.L- wrote:After your bullets has hit them ? :?:

Not quite sure what do you mean by that, but I'm pretty sure that in any matter it is just a matter of esthetism ;)
I guess I'm mistaken. It's a proximity thing.

Let's say an enemy issues forth a crapton of blue bullets. As they get closer to your ship, they will form a pink aura around them. I was thinking it had to do w/ your bullets hitting the enemy bullets (like 'marking' them in one of DFK's arrange modes) but it's just there to let you know they're getting close to your ship, I suppose. Just tested it out in practice mode. Never understood why some had pink around them and some didn't.
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

It's been a while since I played it but I thought that was a rank thing.
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

the stars you collect also have that pink hallo around if you look closer, it's just purely design to me, nothing to do with gameplay :wink:
Tetsuo

Post by Tetsuo »

I am lucky enough to have the Ultra version, does anyone know how many units were released for the ultra version?
Waitng for the ultimate shooter.
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

what's the Ultra version ? Are you talking about the Super Limited edition (Gigantic box) ?
Tetsuo

Post by Tetsuo »

-S.L- wrote:what's the Ultra version ? Are you talking about the Super Limited edition (Gigantic box) ?

Yes the biggest version and a whopper in size and weight. :shock:
Waitng for the ultimate shooter.
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

DestroyTheCore wrote:Voices are sometimes useful. I actually keep the voices on in Mushihimesama Futari, because I have difficulty to notice I died if I don't hear "Panamoooo".
Those voices are really well done IMHO. It's strange but even the death scream isn't annoying, not even for the 100000th time
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

I can say that the voices on Xbox 360 modes could be annoying, but inthe arcade version it is nowhere annoyning and full part of that fabulous game
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

slateman wrote:Let's say an enemy issues forth a crapton of blue bullets. As they get closer to your ship, they will form a pink aura around them. I was thinking it had to do w/ your bullets hitting the enemy bullets (like 'marking' them in one of DFK's arrange modes) but it's just there to let you know they're getting close to your ship, I suppose. Just tested it out in practice mode. Never understood why some had pink around them and some didn't.
I always assumed it was meant to draw attention to them, similar how DFK's Arrange A has a warning marker on bullets that will hit you. As bullets get close, ones that are on a direct collision path are marked to draw your attention to them, I always figured it was the same thing too.
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

The auras are there to make the bullets more visible (notice how they are opposite of the bullets' color and glow brighter the closer you are to them). I assume they are sometimes disabled to avoid repetition or because the current background already makes things visible enough.
-S.L- wrote:but inthe arcade version it is nowhere annoyning and full part of that fabulous game
I leave the voice on for "counterstop" and the operator speaking in sync with the boss BGM.
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
A7A

Post by A7A »

Just to make sure - is both the original and the Platinum Collection release of the game region free?
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

A7A wrote:Just to make sure - is both the original and the Platinum Collection release of the game region free?
Yes, though getting the Plat. Col. release is cheaper.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
CDexWard

Post by CDexWard »

Did the patch that was released a while back change anything about the input lag that was in the initial release?
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

There is no input lag.
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

Actually, there ARE input lag ! Those people who always played on the 360 port will not notice it much, but people who started on the PCB like me, then moved on to the port will notice an incredibly painful lag. It takes a while to get used to it. Of all Cave port, SDOJ is by far the worst in term of input lag, it's just shocking.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

apparently the pcb has input lag too from what i heard
it's way more obvious when slowdown happens
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

-S.L- wrote:Actually, there ARE input lag ! Those people who always played on the 360 port will not notice it much, but people who started on the PCB like me, then moved on to the port will notice an incredibly painful lag. It takes a while to get used to it. Of all Cave port, SDOJ is by far the worst in term of input lag, it's just shocking.
Thanks for the confirmation. I've been crying about this since the release, it really ruins most of the game for me. :(
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

Bananamatic wrote:apparently the pcb has input lag too from what i heard
it's way more obvious when slowdown happens
for me it's flawless on my PCB, nothing like the 360 port which is bad. I mean bad in a way compared to the PCB, you get used to it after few days on the game.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Will someone translate the script for DoDonPachi Saidaioujou's Xbox 360 Mode? I just wanna know what Saya and the Operator are saying to me throughout the entire game, not to mention Saya and Hina's 5-minute argument at the end of the game.
Spoiler
Also, after the end credits, who was calling out to Saya at the end, when she turned her face toward the camera and smiled?
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

xxx1993 wrote:Will someone translate the script for DoDonPachi Saidaioujou's Xbox 360 Mode? I just wanna know what Saya and the Operator are saying to me throughout the entire game, not to mention Saya and Hina's 5-minute argument at the end of the game.
Spoiler
Also, after the end credits, who was calling out to Saya at the end, when she turned her face toward the camera and smiled?
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 41#p919541
Peace Through Violence
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Shalashaska wrote:
xxx1993 wrote:Will someone translate the script for DoDonPachi Saidaioujou's Xbox 360 Mode? I just wanna know what Saya and the Operator are saying to me throughout the entire game, not to mention Saya and Hina's 5-minute argument at the end of the game.
Spoiler
I think that only applies to the arcade mode, not the Xbox 360 mode...
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I got another question, if I one of the challenges more than once, will I still get coins from that, even after having completed the challenge?
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

xxx1993 wrote:I got another question, if I one of the challenges more than once, will I still get coins from that, even after having completed the challenge?
I think I did the 'kill four midbosses in stage 5' challenge a bunch of times to get the 9999 coin achievement, so probably.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

iconoclast wrote:
xxx1993 wrote:I got another question, if I one of the challenges more than once, will I still get coins from that, even after having completed the challenge?
I think I did the 'kill four midbosses in stage 5' challenge a bunch of times to get the 9999 coin achievement, so probably.
Good idea. I'll try doing that.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Never mind, I keep getting my ass handed to me doing the "4 mini bosses on Stage 5" challenge. Is there an easier challenge where I can still get more coins? I don't wanna have to keep hearing the girls' annoying death screams whenever I lose (especially Shuri's and Maria's).
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

xxx1993 wrote:
Shalashaska wrote:
Spoiler
I think that only applies to the arcade mode, not the Xbox 360 mode...
Try clicking on the link that says "360 Mode - Characters and Story".
Peace Through Violence
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

But that link still isn't a translation of the ingame dialogue; it's a translation of info found on their website and artbook about the story.

To answer the question: there hasn't been a translation yet of all the dialogue from the Xbox 360 mode.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I mean, I always wanted to know what Saya and Hina are arguing about before the latter starts attacking you.