Mushihimesama Futari Ver1.5 & Black Label

Zengeku3
Banned User

Re: Mushihimesama Futari Ver1.5 & Black Label

Post by Zengeku3 »

Oh man, you actually did it. Congratulations on completing this nightmare. Very good job!
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Just watched the whole replay, that's really awesome Gus. Some real game study coupled with real skills, demonstrated in a well executed run. It's really nice how you added those comments in the video, they do help understand a lot. I think Futari Ultra is one of the most beautiful Cave gems.
Gus wrote:
How tough did you find 1.5 Ultra compared to other games?
Well I think the stage difficulty is really overrated (the falling rocks in the first stage aren't that hard, people!) and once you have it memorized aside from a couple spots it's not all much harder than God. That said the 3 Larsa fights are way harder than the rest of the game and make the game much, much harder to clear than any of the other modes.
God mode has always looked to me like it's quite easy when you don't optimize scoring (like getting 3B is quite easy I think), but then it looks much much harder (like difficulty "multiplied" by 3 or 4) when players optimize (5B and up). Would you agree ?
Surely Ultra 3B is a bit harder than God 5B ? I remember being very impressed by SWY's Reco superplay. I would love to see your 3B play. Of course, anything closer to counterstop, or actual counterstop, would be even more awesome. Did you upload a video of the 3B run somewhere ?
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Cooool i had missed that.
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Congrats on the 1cc.

Now try for a 1.01 ultra 1cc? :mrgreen:
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Thanks again, everyone.
PROMETHEUS wrote: God mode has always looked to me like it's quite easy when you don't optimize scoring (like getting 3B is quite easy I think), but then it looks much much harder (like difficulty "multiplied" by 3 or 4) when players optimize (5B and up). Would you agree ?
Surely Ultra 3B is a bit harder than God 5B ? I remember being very impressed by SWY's Reco superplay. I would love to see your 3B play. Of course, anything closer to counterstop, or actual counterstop, would be even more awesome. Did you upload a video of the 3B run somewhere ?
Well my opinion is probably a bit skewed since aside from just screwing around a bit it's been a while since I really tried to optimize Ultra's scoring while the last time I tried God it was practice to see if I could do a 5b+ Spiritual Larsa run. But yeah, thinking back to that Ultra 3b run and some of the shit I had to do I definitely agree it's harder to get a good score in Ultra than it is in God. 5b in God definitely isn't easy, though.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

AntiFritz wrote:Now try for a 1.01 ultra 1cc? :mrgreen:
Hmmm... :lol:
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Naleb

Post by Naleb »

yo im new here. im playing on both xbox360 and pcb depending on where I am.

I only play Black Label on Maniac mode using Reco

my best score on the pcb is 353323650 died on Larsa with this run.

but yesterday on the xbox360 version I cleared it for the first time.

third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Congratulations man!
Just post in correct way and your score will be in table.
VixyNyan

Post by VixyNyan »

Reposting the scores from the past thread that didn't make it to the current list yet. ^^;
1.5 360 - Original Mode - Reco
VixyNyan - 207,052,490 - ALL (Lx0)
Note: This one shows up in the Leaderboards.
(Ver1.5/X360/Original/Reco/Normal = Rank 585)

1.5 360 - Original Mode - Palm
VixyNyan - 247,713,863 - ALL (Lx2)
And now I add newer scores! <3

1.5 360 - Maniac Mode - Reco
VixyNyan - 340,241,632 - ALL (Lx1)
(Ver1.5/X360/Maniac/Reco/Normal = Rank 122)

1.5 360 - Maniac Mode - Palm
VixyNyan - 374,548,711 - ALL (Lx3)
(Ver1.5/X360/Maniac/Palm/Normal = Rank 10)
Also there is a replay video on the leaderboard so you can watch my gameplay. ^^
Rebecca Loveheart - Love & Snuggles~ <3
[ TrueAchievements | PSN Profile | Youtube | LiveStreaming ]
Giest118: SDOJ is great and the port will also be great.
moh: play games. they're fun.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Gus wrote:Well my opinion is probably a bit skewed since aside from just screwing around a bit it's been a while since I really tried to optimize Ultra's scoring while the last time I tried God it was practice to see if I could do a 5b+ Spiritual Larsa run. But yeah, thinking back to that Ultra 3b run and some of the shit I had to do I definitely agree it's harder to get a good score in Ultra than it is in God. 5b in God definitely isn't easy, though.
Did you upload the god 5B run video as well btw? Would like to see that too !
Follow me on Twitch??
Gus

Post by Gus »

I'd love to but like I said I want to someday do a Spiritual Larsa run with a similar or better scoring route. Plus I'm knd of embarassed by how the Larsa fight went as I got there with enough to just bomb spam through the whole fight and did exactly that. I know I could do much better.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Moved the most amazing thread in the history of Shmupsforum here, split starting from the score that launched a thousand replies:
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42730

Now third_strike can have his Hi Score thread back :)
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Cool !
Follow me on Twitch??
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Black Label - Xbox360 - God - Reco
iconoclast - 4,385,332,266 - Stage 5 (Boss)
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/jBXL4.jpg

I thought this credit was going to be crap since I died twice in stages 3 and 4, but I had a decent run through stage 5. Made it to Larsa's final phase before choking.

*No pause buttons were used in the making of this score.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Awesome job. Very nice to see someone else scoring over 4 billion.

And yeah, I don't think it made much difference but I promise my next score will have no pausing.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Great job iconoclast!
All tables updated, but with my netbook I can't confirm if it is all ok.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Version 1.5 - 360 - Maniac - Palm
chempop - 264,785,873 - 5 boss - abnormal

btw, I'm kinda shocked at how few maniac All-clear scores there are here, especially for Palm.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
chempop

Post by chempop »

Missed the 1up on this run :(

chempop - 275,274464 - 5 boss - abnormal
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Hey man, what do you think about splitting the 1.5 leaderboards for Abnormal and Normal? I know in-game doesn't split it like that but I really don't think it makes much sense to group Abnormal and Normal Reco in the same board when they play completely differently and have different scoring potential. It would also encourage some extra competition for lesser used shot types. I'm asking you this since I know Emuser is planning some high scoring Ab Reco runs in Original and I'd also like to do some Ab Reco runs in Ultra sometime.
When scores start coming I will split it.
Updated
Gus

Post by Gus »

Well I think we should get some discussion in here first. I probably won't be submitting any Ab Reco Ultra scores for a long time but I know Emuser is working hard on a 400m Original run with her. We both agreed given how hard it is to get a decent score with Ab Reco that it would be unfortunate such a score would still wind up below my half-assed one and that the game really should have distinguished between the 2, which prompted the PM. Any objections?
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

They really ought to be split, for the same reason that Reco and Palm are split in BL: normal vs abnormal types play completely differently. Palm Normal for that matter is a huge drop in damage versus the other shot types when lasering (even Reco Normal is noticeably more damaging) and we all know Reco Abnormal is a totally different play experience.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Black Label - 360 - God - Reco
iconoclast - 4,709,479,166 - ALL (Lx0)
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/E5Qeo.jpg

I screwed up a bunch of stuff that wound up costing me a lot of points, but overall this run wasn't too bad. I can get 5+ billion though, so I'd rather not settle for anything less than 4.9 or so.

I'm in favor of splitting the boards for Normal/Abnormal shot types as well. It should at least get more people to try out Normal Palm, who's really fun to use in Original mode. Here's an old score if you do decide to split it:

Version 1.5 - 360 - Original - Palm
iconoclast - 305,544,756 - ALL (Lx1) - Normal
Gus

Post by Gus »

Really nice work! Keep going.
TLB

Post by TLB »

third_strike wrote:
Hey man, what do you think about splitting the 1.5 leaderboards for Abnormal and Normal? I know in-game doesn't split it like that but I really don't think it makes much sense to group Abnormal and Normal Reco in the same board when they play completely differently and have different scoring potential. It would also encourage some extra competition for lesser used shot types. I'm asking you this since I know Emuser is planning some high scoring Ab Reco runs in Original and I'd also like to do some Ab Reco runs in Ultra sometime.
When scores start coming I will split it.
Updated
Gus wrote:Well I think we should get some discussion in here first. I probably won't be submitting any Ab Reco Ultra scores for a long time but I know Emuser is working hard on a 400m Original run with her. We both agreed given how hard it is to get a decent score with Ab Reco that it would be unfortunate such a score would still wind up below my half-assed one and that the game really should have distinguished between the 2, which prompted the PM. Any objections?
BareknuckleRoo wrote:They really ought to be split, for the same reason that Reco and Palm are split in BL: normal vs abnormal types play completely differently. Palm Normal for that matter is a huge drop in damage versus the other shot types when lasering (even Reco Normal is noticeably more damaging) and we all know Reco Abnormal is a totally different play experience.
iconoclast wrote:Black Label - 360 - God - Reco
iconoclast - 4,709,479,166 - ALL (Lx0)
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/E5Qeo.jpg

I screwed up a bunch of stuff that wound up costing me a lot of points, but overall this run wasn't too bad. I can get 5+ billion though, so I'd rather not settle for anything less than 4.9 or so.

I'm in favor of splitting the boards for Normal/Abnormal shot types as well. It should at least get more people to try out Normal Palm, who's really fun to use in Original mode. Here's an old score if you do decide to split it:

Version 1.5 - 360 - Original - Palm
iconoclast - 305,544,756 - ALL (Lx1) - Normal
third_strike wrote:When scores start coming I will split it.
Updated
third_strike wrote:When scores start coming I will split it.
Updated
Cool!
chempop

Post by chempop »

Well, I am pretty stupid happy right now. I wish I could upload this replay.. it was down to the wire! After I used my last bomb there was one more rush of bullets, killed Larsa literally as a bullet was colliding with me, I swear my blood pressure was about to give me a aneurism LOL

chempop - 302,876,860 - ALL - abnormal
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

ver 1.5 - Arcade (XBox 360 version) - Maniac - Palm
Kiken - 519,385,830 - ALL (LX3) - Abnormal

Finally managed to break 500 million, although, I'm pretty much hitting the ceiling for the current patterns I'm using. Time to start developing some better techniques.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Black Label - 360 - God - Reco
iconoclast - 4,993,185,842 - ALL (Lx2)
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/xQLzp.jpg

I made it to Larsa with 4 lives and 4.94b, and then I screwed everything up by playing way too safe. Damn nerves. :cry:
Gus

Post by Gus »

Holy shit, man. I know that feel. Don't give up!
Gus

Post by Gus »

Don't know else to put this but on the 360 leaderboards after at least a year of trying SSERESS uploaded an Ultra clear with Ab Reco, which I think is the first one ever done in this games 6 year history. He also has an Ab Palm clear on the boards from February 2011.

Mind=blown.

Also I've done a shtitload of practice these past few months and I'm gonna try to start attempting full scoring runs (with Ab Palm) this weekend. I miss not having a ton of college shit to worry about.