shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:45 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: RQ: Eschatos (Advanced)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:38 am 

Just picked it up at Otakon yesterday. Played for a few hours. Pretty fun, but a few things. For starters, how the bloody Hell do you score? I can't read Japanese, so I don't know the tricks to it. And I'm talking about advanced mode. I rarely get those purple triangles. Also I notice picking up "F" icons brings you down a level and I think your shield's max goes down as well?

It's just a confusing little gem, or maybe I'm looking too deep into it. Either way, help?

(mod edit - fixed up thread title)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: RQ: Eschatos (Advanced)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:53 pm 

Ser's Eschatos REVIEW (Xbox 360) - Bullet Heaven, Episode 53 contains a few pointers.

Schmupemall's 1-sissy (advanced normal) Eschatos (Trizealbis, Hydeux, shmupemall.com) may also be helpful. Unfortunately no English commentary from Hydeux as of yet.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: RQ: Eschatos (Advanced)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:12 pm 

As far as I can tell:

- Kill all the enemies to increase multiplier
- Level up your weapon to the max, because it gives you stronger shot power, increases your multiplier, and gives you more points per purple triangle. It reduces your amount of shield so you can't get as many items, but each purple is worth much more
- Don't ever pick up the blue powerups. There might be some areas where you want to pick up the gold ones to cash in a bunch of bullets into purples, but I doubt it, because a) your multiplier will decrease and b) the purples will be worth less
- Convert bullets into scoring items on the fly. Just use it whenever you have a spare second to clean up some bullets and get a few quick points
- When fighting a boss, try to kill them when a lot of bullets are onscreen, so they'll cancel into purples. That can be tough on bosses without a health bar, but oh well. Try anyways
- You can grind enemies and kill with the purples if you have your shield out, but I don't know of any benefit from doing so

Offline Profile