Steel Empire GBA out in a week

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
theevilfunkster

Steel Empire GBA out in a week

Post by theevilfunkster »

Well the Gameboy Advance version of Steel Empire is finally released next week in the UK.

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?c ... mid=326316

Does anyone have the GBA version? What is it like compared to the Megadrive original?
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

opinions differ.
Those who hated the MD version usualy find the GBA one to be superior,
fans of the MD version usualy find the GBA one to be inferior.

I personaly prefer the MD version, but I find the GBA one to be ok (and the best shmup expirience currently available on the GBA).
Trek trough the Galaxy on silver wings and play football online.
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

sweet as. just got myself a DS so i'll be picking this one up when i have the cash. i'd seen a review for this months ago in games tm but wondered why i'd not managed to find a copy. looks a lot of fun to me.

i'll probably pick it up when i'm done with astro boy omega factor. off topic but seriously if you're int he uk get your ass down to game and get astro boy for £10 new. fantastic side scrolling beat em up with some fun hori shmup stages with a lot of depth. i've totally destroyed easy mode and i'm half way through normal now, with a lot of further possibilities of high score attainment and maybe even a 1cc. plus it has astro boy in. who's ace :)
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Are there ANY videos of the GBA port around? I played the crap out of the Genesis/MD version, and would really like to see some gameplay footage of the GBA port.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"