Slowdown in silvergun

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Diabollokus

Slowdown in silvergun

Post by Diabollokus »

Not to dis the greatness that is radiant silvergun just wondering if the original arcade version has as much slow down as the saturn whenever your attacking with the lock on lasers etc
Vidi Vici Veni
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: Slowdown in silvergun

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Diabollokus wrote:Not to dis the greatness that is radiant silvergun just wondering if the original arcade version has as much slow down as the saturn whenever your attacking with the lock on lasers etc
There is a bit of slow down during the final boss confrontation when it spews hundreds of bullets at your spacecraft on the Sega ST-V version of RSG (does command a cool $150-$200+ just for the ST-V RSG cartridge alone!). Otherwise, the ST-V ver. of RSG runs at a crisp 60 frames per second framerate when not bogged down with hundreds of bullets on-screen.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Diabollokus

Post by Diabollokus »

Cool, thanks for info. Yeah If I ever get into the home arcade experience thats one cart I'd pick up.
Vidi Vici Veni
ST Dragon
Banned User

Post by ST Dragon »

I've never noticed any slowdowns in RSG (Saturn) and I'm playing it on a EURO-PAL Saturn console....
~Kid Icarus~

Post by ~Kid Icarus~ »

ST Dragon wrote:I've never noticed any slowdowns in RSG (Saturn) and I'm playing it on a EURO-PAL Saturn console....
That'll be beacause the entire game will be running slowly. :wink:
ST Dragon
Banned User

Post by ST Dragon »

I've never played the JPN 60HZ version to compare it to the spead of the EURO, but I haven't noticed any change in speed at any point in the game on my PAL Saturn. So there are no slowdowns.

Only problem is that the last speech dialogue (When the guy sacrifices himself by charging against the laser cannon) is unsynchronised with the video... It finishes 4-5 secs earlier before the video cut-scene... but that might be because my copy of the game was burned from an ISO+mpe image.
Any one else experience the same problem on a EURO-PAL Saturn?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

There is slowdown in the Saturn version (on an NTSC system), but not much; as was mentioned, the time I remember seeing most of it was at the last boss, when he's tossing a whole bunch of crystals at you, and it was in 2P mode too (my friend kept telling me "don't die! we need the extra slowdown when you're onscreen!" :mrgreen:). I recall there being a bit of slowdown at other points too, but again, nothing too notable.
Diabollokus

Post by Diabollokus »

Yeah playing on 60HZ japan ntsc, real copy of silvergun. as for speed difference on european console its very big st dragon, much more noticeable on soukyugurentai though looks fantastic in 60hz. And no never seen that 5 sec out od sync issue.

It just depends on what weapons I use, forward shot is fine just really the lock on laser notice it more now that I'm trying to find all the dogs.
Vidi Vici Veni
StorminNorman

Post by StorminNorman »

The lock-on laser definitely causes slowdown on my Japanese Saturn. I actually take advantage of it to get through some sections of the game.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Try playing 2 player games with the second boss, the blue multi-weapon cannon thingy. 12 FPS. >_<
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.