My dusty ol' Saturn is without a single shoot 'em up... help

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
gamingjustin

My dusty ol' Saturn is without a single shoot 'em up... help

Post by gamingjustin »

All right. I've had a Saturn for a long time and I only have 4 games for it. So, I looked around the 'net and found this doohickey (http://www.midwest-games.com/satacrep4mpl.html). Seems like it'll do the job for importing. Then I headed on over to the Saturn section at shmups. Looks like a goood, beefy list. But, my qustion is, is that every single shoot 'em up for the system? Are there a few missing? And, if you can, could you give me a complete list of shmups for the Saturn? Maybe reccomend the "best" ones?

Thanks for any/all help.[/url]
Randorama

Re: My dusty ol' Saturn is without a single shoot 'em up...

Post by Randorama »

gamingjustin wrote:All right. I've had a Saturn for a long time and I only have 4 games for it. So, I looked around the 'net and found this doohickey (http://www.midwest-games.com/satacrep4mpl.html). Seems like it'll do the job for importing. Then I headed on over to the Saturn section at shmups. Looks like a goood, beefy list. But, my qustion is, is that every single shoot 'em up for the system? Are there a few missing? And, if you can, could you give me a complete list of shmups for the Saturn? Maybe reccomend the "best" ones?

Thanks for any/all help.[/url]
There is a complete list in the xenocide files section, just head to the main page (i.e. shmups.com), and there are also a few sections.

Ah, i almost missed this thread type...
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
Bar81

Post by Bar81 »

Layer Section/Galactic Attack
gamingjustin

Post by gamingjustin »

Thanks. Galactic Attack is dirt cheap on ebay!! Thanks for the suggestion.
Andi

Post by Andi »

Darius Gaiden also has a US release and is dirt cheap and amazing.
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Andi wrote:Darius Gaiden also has a US release and is dirt cheap and amazing.
I got mine for $4.00 at GameCrazy. Sweet deal though.
Bar81

Post by Bar81 »

gamingjustin wrote:Thanks. Galactic Attack is dirt cheap on ebay!! Thanks for the suggestion.
NP. One of the few things that went right with the SS in the US was a faithful conversion (besides the butchering of the name) of perhaps the best shmup ever produced.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Strikers 1945. I got mine for 10 bucks.
zinger

Post by zinger »

Bar81 wrote:perhaps the best shmup ever produced.
I second that. An amazing game, and one of the few that isn't frustrating at all!

Other favourites: Battle Garegga, Darius Gaiden, Cotton 2 and Shippu Mahou Daisakusen (Kingdom Grand Prix).