I'd like to learn the huh, "Xevianite"...

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Turrican

I'd like to learn the huh, "Xevianite"...

Post by Turrican »

It's a wide known fact that Masanobu Endoh was so crazy that he actually gave Xevious a quite consistent background. He even created an alphabet and a language (Xevious would translate as "fourth planet", or so I've read)... I've been searching for a table of Xevious characters and translation, but I had no luck so far. Can you help?

[EDIT: 19/Oct/2005]
Adding a list of useful links to the world of Xevious. The intent is to make this thread an useful source for Xevi-fans.

http://www.big.jp/~eizo/xevious/main.html

This Japanese site is still updated. It has a record of most versions of the game. It also has a maps with locations of SOL and special flags for the original arcade, Super Xevious and Xevious Arrangement!

http://www1.u-netsurf.ne.jp/~ozawa/xevious/xevious.html
http://qtchicks.hp.infoseek.co.jp/namco_xevious.html
http://www1.u-netsurf.ne.jp/~ozawa/xevi ... /diff.html

These links are probably mirrors of what remains of Noriaki Ozawa's Xevious site. Too bad most of it is online now. Still, you get a nice presentation of all of Xevious characters, with gifs!. Also it covers the differences between the first print and the new release of the Xevious novel.

http://web.archive.org/web/199904272215 ... vious.html
http://web.archive.org/web/199904272151 ... ous-e.html

Even more old archives from Ozawa's site. Interesting language section!
Last edited by Turrican on Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
X - P - B
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Hey, that's pretty cool. Where'd ya hear from this?
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
DarkWolf7

Post by DarkWolf7 »

Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Hey, Darkwolf, thanks a bunch!! There's even the truetype font for download!

I guess learn the letters is not a big deal: another matter is to understand how the language works. I'll try translating those pages with babelfish, but it's going to be hard...

Someone Japanese fluent on the forum wishes to learn Xevianite and is willing to give us a hand? :)

Ghegs, no big deal, really. Just type Xevious on Google and you'll find plenty of sites that post such trivia on the game's history and its author. He even wrote a novel explaining the war between humans and Gamp, or so they say... That would be an interesting read.

Mmm... We should really ask Malc or someone else in charge to make this forum capable of writing with the Xevious characters. And the japanese one would be nice, as well.

[EDIT: 20/Aug/2005]
"XEVIOUS Fardraut SAGA", the novelized story of XEVIOUS, is now available!
(Of course, it is written in Japanese. It has been out of print for 15 years. Paperback, Dimension: A5, 250 pages, Price: 2650 yen, ISBN: 4-8354-4185-0, Publisher: Booking) http://www.book-ing.co.jp/
Last edited by Turrican on Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
X - P - B
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Courtesy of Google:

http://www.ssdownloads.com/index.php?ac ... 34e8e39dae

A Xevious skin of sort available for download. I'm a mac user and I don't have a clue what's it.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/Khiguchi/Fre ... ime/Fonts/

This is more interesting perhaps... Looks like a device to show the hour (yeah, a clock) in Xevii numbers!
X - P - B
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Witness my Lore:

It says:

"6D" (does 6D stands for Xevious?)

and beneath: "6D ORAUTO"

ORAUTO = similar to katakana spelling of Fardraut FA- DO RA U TO

Have lots of fun translating the names and ending messages here!

http://popup7.tok2.com/home2/xevious/ms ... g/end1.gif
http://popup7.tok2.com/home2/xevious/ms ... g/end3.gif
http://popup7.tok2.com/home2/xevious/ms ... g/end4.gif

[EDIT:] about Xevious numbers from Ozawa's page:

* XEVIOUS NUMBERS

In planet XEVIOUS, people uses hexadecimal numbers. It is represented by using four sides and one diagonal line of square. Each sides has weights as follows. Underbar is used when discribe.

Decimal / Alphabetical (pronounce)
0 ZOP
1 AH
2 SHEO
3 OLI
4 XEVI
5 REF
6 FAR
7 SOPIA
8 GAU
9 RUQ
10 PUSTO
11 PIQ
12 VEEO
13 PHES
14 SOLITA
15 KURTO
Last edited by Turrican on Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
X - P - B
DarkWolf7

Post by DarkWolf7 »

The '6' in '6dorauto' is pronounced 'Far' (ファー) in ゼビ文字.

I attempted translating the messages in end1.gif and end4.gif and got results similar to the Engrish text in the pics.

end1

ファードラウト

おめでとう
戦いは終わった
ファードラウト物語
第一章
ゼビウス

English translation:

Fardraut

Congratulations
The battle is over
Fardraut saga
Episode one
Xevious

end4

戦いは終わった
しかしファードラウトの
物語は
終わったわけではない

English translation:

The battle is over
But the saga of
Fardraut
has not ended
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Hey, your help is invaluable here, I see. I declare you my "Xevilanguage" teacher :D

So, could you please post here the pronounce for all the alphabet? Don't worry, I already know katakana (at least that!) :wink:

[EDIT:] babelfish translation of "A STUDY OF XEVIOUS LANGUAGE"

Zebius word research

Noset Britarc. (attention)

Necessarily consideration here is consideration of piece person of me, and it
is not actually so.

.. The beginning
15 years have already passed since Zebius was put on the market. However, still a lot of parts of the Zebius word are uncertain. There are the one only of the count that the meaning turns out. I want to think by arranging the Zebius word within the range that understands now though it is such a situation.

.. Number
It is a figure that clarification is the most advanced in the Zebius word now. The hexadecimal notation is used in the Zebius star, and the figure that shows 15 from 0 by the decimal notation exists (Refer to the page for the Zebi figure). This..figure..weight..show..position..straight line..combine..become..digital..technique.When writing, under a bar is put up because the meaning changes when the top and bottom is made inverted. Moreover, the pronunciation pronounces continuing the sound of each digit as it is just like time when we read the figure below the decimal point.
All the marks in English have been clarified about the figure.

.. Word
Because arms of the Zebius army are applied in the Zebius word, clarification to them is chiefly advanced.
As for the word that shows a certain specific one immediately, there are a lot of few, if anything abstract one. One side modifies the other by combining the word with the word (Ex . Sol Balu bird in the sun). It is when the previous word modifies the following word and when the following word modifies the previous word (Ex . black gel Mac Gilba lightning).
→ Word and idiom

.. Tstoushi
To modify the following word as Tstoushi, three has been clarified now. "Gal", "Boza", and "Dom" are them.
→ Word and idiom

.. Denial
"Naplusa" has been clarified as a word that shows the denial. "Bacura" as construction materials seems to be called "Naplusa Bacura" "Bacura" as the word is to mean destruction.
→ Word and idiom

.. Accidence change
The one that seems to be the ending of a word change is admitted though it is uncertain what grammar it is. The existence of "Cape kap-e" and "Capi kap-i" is known when it confronts the rotation. Moreover, there is "Galb" in the one that seems that shown large "Gal" derives it ("Galb Lso" Cf . Tibi that greatly becomes it).
Moreover, "L" is lost in that case though "Domogram" is a compound word of Tstoushi "Dom" and "Log ram". That is, the first consonant of the word that attaches behind can be taken. It is uncertain whether a constant accidence change by the part of speech and the case exists. Whether the classification of part of speech exists originally is not understood.
→ Word and idiom

.. Grammar
Sentences of the Zebius word are not being discovered now, and little analysis of the grammar is advanced. Being possible to confirm it as a sentence

* "Lee Belta Naplusa Bacura"
* "Old Zacart Glzaga"

It is only two.
Because it is understood that the former shows the meaning of Bacura approach, it is surmisable that the part of "Lee Belta" shows the approach. Or, it might be the one to indicate the direction of the so on forward.
On the other hand, the latter doesn't understand the meaning. In this case, it is thought that so-called enemy plane "Zacart" is meant though "Zacart" means the miracle. "Glsaga" cannot be concluded though is imaginable when it is a change type of "Glzag fighter". However, if it is so, two or more types are guessed the ending of a word changes like "-a". Because "Zacart" and "Glzag" are the noun paragraphs, it is thought that "Old" is a meaning such as it is verbs and Zacart is Old. Or, "Glzaga" is thought that "Old" modifies "Zacart" by the verb. In this case, it becomes feeling "The wagon of ..Old.. Za raids" (It is thought that it is a verb that means the fight from the fighter).
Moreover, the decipherment that "Old Zacart Glsaga" is a yellow felt-tipped marker orchestra is performed according to Mr. Yuya's report. The fact relevance is a mystery though this assumes the description of the belt of 12inch single "SuperXEVIOUS" to be grounds.

.. Character
Mr. Manack's research result of the Zebi character was drawn. I hear that the name of Zebius martial arms was being written by the Zebi character in the ending of the Scramble mode of the MSX2 edition. I hear that Mr. Manack's decipherment result was as follows.

The Zebi character : according to Mr. research result.

* Of each corresponds to one character of the alphabet.
* The consonant basically has two slashes (×) that intersect at the center.
* The character not used by the vowel and the Roman alphabet mark has one slash
(\) like the backing slash.

Thus, it is described, "A certain extent persuasive power that regards earthling the ancestor arises though the alphabet's corresponding by couple 1 thinks it is strange".
I hear that the character that corresponds to "Q" was unclarification.
I want to send salaam to Mr. research by borrowing this place.
However, a new problem arises here. The character of the MSX2 edition title screen is deciphered by using this result and I will see. It was the following one that it was on the screen of the MSX2 edition.

As for two characters above, the character (FAR) D below becomes (FAR) DORAUTO. It has been clarified that two characters above are Farr Doraut from the result of the research before. This is because it is a description seen in 12inch single "SuperXEVIOUS".
Does "×" show character "D"?Is meaning Doraut shown?Moreover, is "Doraut" "draut"?Is it "dorauto"?
Afterwards, the old document with the description about the Zebius character was discovered. Those who excavate it are Mr. Shimada warlike spirit. It is said that there are the following descriptions according to it.

As a result, the character of "Q" was clarified.
However, the one "Small letter", "Long vowel", and "Important character and brief type" is shown, and the result of giving birth to the mystery in addition.
Moreover, Mr. Manack's one and difference are seen in the character of "B".
Let's arrange here. There is the Zebius character by the center of the character and is the one of "/" "\" "×". When this is sequenced on the figure, it becomes the following.

[...]

It doesn't agree completely though it can be expected that the relation to the Roman alphabet is obviously high when this table is seen. Moreover, whether it is either that "B" is correct cannot be specified.
I get the report from Kiyoshi Inoue for the correlation with the Roman alphabet.
In addition, the decipherment result of the character in the ending of MSX2 is being reported by Mr. whom the cherry blossoms part risks. This was the same content as Mr. Manack's. Therefore, a correct possibility of here is larger for "B".

.. Connection
As for the Zebius word, it is, the authority of the Zebius word where information becomes empty too much, and decipherments of No Endo are all origins.
Only the language is used at first, and it ..unpalatable.. is thought that "Figure" was generated. And, "Character" is born in the history afterwards and it is likely to arrive now.
The ground picture etc. that remained in the Nasca area were the one that coordinates where six stars of "Farr Doraut" were located were shown it, and were done the expression by the concept though previously described a lot of abstract one by the Sebius word, too.
I want to expect Mr. Endo's decipherment result report in the future.

Zebius word Zebi figure word and idiom researches
X - P - B