Incoming Cave Games on Demand deluge

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Elixir

Re: Incoming Cave Games on Demand deluge

Post by Elixir »

Futari tomorrow, according to Asada's blog. 2/7.

This one's region-free, so if it isn't ip-locked, it'll be an identical deal to Bullet Soul.

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog ... -4583.html
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Annoyboy

Post by Annoyboy »

Elixir told me on Twitter that these GoD downloads are region locked, ie you could download them to a US system but they wouldn't run. Obviously it'll depend on if the disc release was region locked or not...

Edit: ^ That guy right there
So, are we expected to turn our TV on its side?!
Game Collection | 1CCs
bcass

Post by bcass »

If you try to download a region locked game (that isn't compatible with your consoles region) it won't let you make the purchase. You get an error along the lines of "the game region does not match your console region".
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Thanks for the confirmations. :)
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

So in order to buy a JP/Asian GoD (provided it's region free) for a X360-NA, you need to:

1. Buy Asian MSP from an import retailer.
2. Change your 360's region to Asia.
3. Redeem points and buy the game on the XBL Marketplace.

That's it, right? Any reason why you would do Asia rather than Japan?
The freaks are rising through the floor.
Recommended XBLIG shmups.
Top 20 Doujin Shmups of ALL TIME.
bcass

Post by bcass »

The games are cheaper on the Asian Marketplace.

1. You can buy JPN/Asian points from Play Asia and they email you the codes instantly.
2. You don't change your 360s region, you need to setup an JPN/Asian gamertag.
3. Correct.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Annoyboy wrote:Elixir told me on Twitter that these GoD downloads are region locked, ie you could download them to a US system but they wouldn't run. Obviously it'll depend on if the disc release was region locked or not...

Edit: ^ That guy right there
Not my words. It was this, right? https://twitter.com/#!/elixir68k/status ... 3688644609

There isn't really any coverage of which games are IP locked, except for here, catering to a Japanese audience interested in GoD releases. The first two categories are downloadable from the HK store, simply cross-reference the game with Play-Asia to see if it's playable on your console's region.

For example, Deathsmiles is region-locked (NTSC-J consoles only), but not IP-locked (refer to wiki, Deathsmiles is under "IP制限なし" or "Not IP-locked"), so Japanese 360 owners outside of Japan can download it. Shooting Love 200X is region-locked, and IP-locked (listed under "IP制限あり" or "IP-locked"), so even if you do have a Japanese 360, it can't be downloaded outside of Japan.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

I realise I'm being impatient here, but Futari's meant to be out today isn't it? And since it's region-free on disc, surely I'd be able to access it without needing a Japanese account?
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

BPzeBanshee wrote:I realise I'm being impatient here, but Futari's meant to be out today isn't it? And since it's region-free on disc, surely I'd be able to access it without needing a Japanese account?
Oh, don't be sorry, you have all the reason to be impatient. :-) Mushifutari, it's one of the best shmups ever.

As for your question: I have no clue. :oops:
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
Enemy

Post by Enemy »

BPzeBanshee wrote:I realise I'm being impatient here, but Futari's meant to be out today isn't it? And since it's region-free on disc, surely I'd be able to access it without needing a Japanese account?

You will need to create and log-in to a Japanese account to gain access to Japans xbla to be able to request the download, as the disk release was not region locked you hopefully wont get the "this game is not designed for your system" error message but it then depends if it is ip locked and checks which country you are trying to download this from (i think there is a way around this 1 though)

edit - oh btw, once downloaded and installed you can log back into your countries xbox live account and still access the game / leaderboards.
bcass

Post by bcass »

It might be released on the Asian Marketplace as well, like Deathsmiles was a few weeks ago. In which case, it would be better to buy it off the Asian store as it'll be cheaper. Setup a Hong Kong gamertag to buy stuff from the Asian Marketplace. The Japanese marketplace and the Asian marketplace are two separate entities.

However, the Asian and Japanese marketplaces have been updated, and still no sign of Futari.
Enemy wrote:edit - oh btw, once downloaded and installed you can log back into your countries xbox live account and still access the game / leaderboards.
Yes.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

I'm watching the 2ch GoD thread. It just went up. Then down. Someone complained of an "out of region" error message.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/Produ ... 02435a07d7

Saw "159 HKD/1680 points" when browsing through my HK account. I was 40 points short but by the time I had added more, the button was gone. Oh well.

bcass

Post by bcass »

Sounds like they fucked something up. The Platinum release doesn't include Black Label does it?
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

bcass wrote:Sounds like they fucked something up. The Platinum release doesn't include Black Label does it?
The only platinum release that included anything extra was deathsmiles wasn't it?
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Thanks for the tips on the accounts, guys. Having yet another account to get it cheaper via Hong Kong sounds like it could be a pain (and isn't HK internet connections meant to be complete crap or am I behind/thinking of something irrelevant?), but if gets a cheaper result I'll have a shot.

Shame about the messup though. I guess now that the marketplaces have been updated for the day (or whenever they do their cycles) and it hasn't shown we'll have to wait a while for it to show up properly.
Drachenherz wrote:Oh, don't be sorry, you have all the reason to be impatient. :-) Mushifutari, it's one of the best shmups ever.
Best Shmup Ever in my opinion has its place firmly taken by something other than Futari, but after having the opportunity to try it out in MAME I'm certainly up for taking the opportunity to nab this release if it's not too much trouble. :)
bcass

Post by bcass »

Hong Kong has 1Gbps broadband per month for less than what most people in the rest of the world pay for < 10Mbps. They're definitely not behind the times.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

bcass wrote:Hong Kong has 1Gbps broadband per month for less than what most people in the rest of the world pay for < 10Mbps. They're definitely not behind the times.
So connection speeds internationally from Hong Kong aren't terrible anymore? Looks like I'm the one behind the times. :P
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

BPzeBanshee wrote: Best Shmup Ever in my opinion has its place firmly taken by something other than Futari, but after having the opportunity to try it out in MAME I'm certainly up for taking the opportunity to nab this release if it's not too much trouble. :)
And which one would that be? Not to breakminto a nerd-fight, I'm just curious about what otherngreat games are out there. :wink:
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Two questions on Deathsmiles GoD: What's the total size of the download, and does the Full Voice DLC still work?
mrsmiley381

Post by mrsmiley381 »

Making a Hong Kong account is dirt easy. I managed to do it last night entirely in English. Set your locale to Hong Kong and leave your language as English and have a new profile sign up for an account. When you get to the end of the process it will ask you your locale and likely have your actual locale as the default; just set this option to Hong Kong again and you should be all good. You'll just need an e-mail address to which you must attach the account, but that's standard for Xbox Live. Then, to add PayPal, log on to Xbox.com with your shiny new Hong Kong account and mess around from there. It will ask you for a billing address and you can put whatever you want. Then you can add PayPal and buy games from the site and do the downloading on the Xbox. Trying to add PayPal on the Xbox is a pain because you'll have to do the process in Moonspeak or you'll get an error. I should probably post about this in the Hardware forum if people still have trouble. Either way, I got Virtual-On Force for all of $16.

So is the Futari release on the HK GOD identical to the disk release down to the profile settings, or will it show up as another game on my account? I bought the BL DLC and have some replays and I'd hate to buy the GOD and then find out the DLC is Asian-region incompatible and my replays are lost or something. It's not that big of a deal though, since it takes only moments to pop the disc back in, I suppose. And this all depends on whether or not the HK Marketplace even gets it.
Why is it called the Vic Viper/Warp Rattler? Because the Options trail behind it in a serpent-like fashion, and the iconic front fins are designed to invoke the image of a snake's fangs.
bcass

Post by bcass »

As far as shmups are concerned, all the DLC you bought for the JPN retail releases will work with the GoD releases, regardless if you buy the JPN or Asian GoD releases. Same applies to save files, replays etc.
bcass

Post by bcass »

A note about the paypal thing though. I was able to buy Bullet Soul from the HK Marketplace using my linked UK PalPal a/c. I didn't buy points, I bought the game directly using paypal. However, when I tried to do the same with Deathsmiles (from the HK store) a few weeks ago, it wouldn't work, with some sort of error along the lines of "unable to verify payment option". I got this error when trying to buy the game and points using paypal from the HK Marketplace website and on the 360. So, I don't know if they've changed something recently or if this issue only affects some games. It's not a big problem as you can get JPN/Asian points emailed to you instantly from Play Asia.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

bcass wrote:As far as shmups are concerned, all the DLC you bought for the JPN retail releases will work with the GoD releases, regardless if you buy the JPN or Asian GoD releases. Same applies to save files, replays etc.
Full Voice wasn't so much bought as it came only with the first pressing of the original release. We know the Platinum release was a different disc so I'm wondering if support for it remained even though it was impossible to obtain. (Just check the settings to see if the option is there, it should be present albeit greyed out if support for it exists. It's not there in the NA/EU versions.)

Also, still would like to know the size of the download.
FMK

Post by FMK »

To me the game appears listed in the "A to Z" and "new releases" list of the games marketplace but not in "games on demand" list and cannot be downloaded nor can I see the game's size.
HEY POOR PLAYER!
bcass

Post by bcass »

What region Marketplace?
StarCreator wrote:Full Voice wasn't so much bought as it came only with the first pressing of the original release. We know the Platinum release was a different disc so I'm wondering if support for it remained even though it was impossible to obtain. (Just check the settings to see if the option is there, it should be present albeit greyed out if support for it exists. It's not there in the NA/EU versions.)
I have a full voice DLC card on the way to me in the post so I'll post here to let you know if it works with the Asian GoD release. I very much doubt that it won't, just as I fully expect the Futari 1.1 1-st print DLC to work with the Asian GoD release of Futari.
bcass

Post by bcass »

StarCreator wrote:(Just check the settings to see if the option is there, it should be present albeit greyed out if support for it exists.
Yes, it's still there in the Asian GoD release, just checked now.
FMK

Post by FMK »

bcass wrote:What region Marketplace?
Japan.

Just created a HK account and the game isn't listed anywhere.
HEY POOR PLAYER!
maxmultiplier

Post by maxmultiplier »

Futari is now up on the JPN marketplace for 1760 msp.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/Produ ... 02435a07d7

It wont allow me to complete the purchase .
Hope it's not IP-Locked.

This is the message I'm currently getting:
現在、購入ができません。もう一度お試しください。
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

It is ip locked. Just tried to buy it using points through my HK account (from console).

"This item isn't available from your current location".

Can someone attempt to purchase this using points through a Japanese account?

FMK

Post by FMK »

IP locks are easily bypassed using VPNs etc, but is it known if once downloaded the game will run on a US console like the retail release?
HEY POOR PLAYER!