∀kashicverse -Malicious Wake

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
SuperSoaker360

Re: ∀kashicverse -Malicious Wake

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Does anyone know where I can try out the ∀lternative ∀rguments mode? The old link for it seems dead.
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
MrChiggins

Post by MrChiggins »

So is there anywhere a western player like myself will be able to buy this on day 1?
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

fly to comiket.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

MrChiggins wrote:So is there anywhere a western player like myself will be able to buy this on day 1?
Yes. Nanapo's Store should have it available on January 1st. All the other stores the game is officially consigned to don't ship overseas. Unless rancor can get copies for people, this is currently your only option.
rancor

Post by rancor »

I'll have it. :wink:

No one will be shipping on day one - The post office is closed for New Year from tomorrow (Dec. 29) until January 4th.
rancor

Post by rancor »

Got my copies in today!

$28.00 USD shipped via SAL if you're interested.. :wink:

TerminasluT

Post by TerminasluT »

Awesome! I'll be getting this, but first Im wondering if you are expecting anything else from C83?
TrippyCake

Post by TrippyCake »

So I just went on EndlessShirafu's Blog and apparently they are going to release an additional mode as a patch very soon.
Just thought I should tell you all.
rancor

Post by rancor »

TerminasluT wrote:Awesome! I'll be getting this, but first Im wondering if you are expecting anything else from C83?
Got some copies of QP Shooting 2, The DDP SDOJ doujin art book, as well as another SDOJ book and a Ketsui book as well. Check my sales thread for updates. :wink:
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

TrippyCake wrote:So I just went on EndlessShirafu's Blog and apparently they are going to release an additional mode as a patch very soon.
Fingers crossed for ∀lternative ∀rguments! :D

Thanks for the heads-up!
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

I have just found this 1cc on YouTube, it goes completely ridiculous starting from stage 4 boss. :shock:
(Spoiler warning for those who want to play the game by themselves)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T6JmVR9Bk4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zaxcc8HantA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWb1i_z7JD8
TrippyCake

Post by TrippyCake »

BPzeBanshee wrote:
TrippyCake wrote:So I just went on EndlessShirafu's Blog and apparently they are going to release an additional mode as a patch very soon.
Fingers crossed for ∀lternative ∀rguments! :D

Thanks for the heads-up!
Sorry to dissapoint you but it's actually going to be ∀sterism, maybe it has been renamed and the blog doesn't give any clues to what exactly is different from the standard modes (∀dvent, ∀nother)
Rex Cavalier wrote:I have just found this 1cc on YouTube, it goes completely ridiculous starting from stage 4 boss. :shock:
(Spoiler warning for those who want to play the game by themselves)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T6JmVR9Bk4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zaxcc8HantA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWb1i_z7JD8
Now we only need someone to clear ∀nother and ∀kashic modes.
∀kashic doesn't joke around, it's probably a lot harder than what ∀lternative ∀rguments was. You can't even continue, you just get thrown back to the title screen without any prompts.
Maybe there's even ANOTHER stage. Wouldn't surprise me.

Also, it's kind of sad that this game doesn't have replays, at least for now.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Why exactly does this have twitter integration? What does it even do?
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
TrippyCake

Post by TrippyCake »

AntiFritz wrote:Why exactly does this have twitter integration? What does it even do?
The manual suggests that it can ask you, at the end of every game, if you want to tweet the Stage, Number of Continues and Score.
I'd rather have replays.
Meseki

Post by Meseki »

If you think about it, replays would be very difficult, due to the music synchronized sections of boss battles. Any lag on recording or playback would desync the replay or make it weird.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

So.... how is it? I have the demo, but haven't tried it yet.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

It's street fighter: the stg. But it's pretty good.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

trap15 wrote:So.... how is it? I have the demo, but haven't tried it yet.
It's sexcellent.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

trap15 wrote:So.... how is it? I have the demo, but haven't tried it yet.
It's a shmupper's alternative to hard drugs.
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

Somebody should do no method or timeout video of stage 5, it's glorious(i would try but it will most likely desync).
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Meseki wrote:If you think about it, replays would be very difficult, due to the music synchronized sections of boss battles. Any lag on recording or playback would desync the replay or make it weird.
hellsinker has a replay system, and some of its stages are music synched, and it seems to work just fine.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Lord Satori wrote:hellsinker has a replay system, and some of its stages are music synched, and it seems to work just fine.
On the contrary I'm pretty sure Hellsinker's replay system *doesn't* work for everyone going by the thread here, with some people citing exactly what Meseki stated. The original point still stands.
TrippyCake

Post by TrippyCake »

Rex Cavalier wrote:Somebody should do no method or timeout video of stage 5, it's glorious(i would try but it will most likely desync).
Why not? I can try, just give me a few hours.

Edit: I wasn't aware that it actually grows stronger after every loop. It's not possible to kill it without using method before the timer runs out too. Might take a bit.

Edit2: Forget that. No high quality screen recorder does what I want it to do, and I won't record in awful quality. Someone else will have to do it, it's doable.
LtC

Post by LtC »

The later stages look pretty crazy. Can't wait to get my hands on this.
TrippyCake wrote:
Rex Cavalier wrote:Somebody should do no method or timeout video of stage 5, it's glorious(i would try but it will most likely desync).
Why not? I can try, just give me a few hours.

Edit: I wasn't aware that it actually grows stronger after every loop. It's not possible to kill it without using method before the timer runs out too. Might take a bit.

Edit2: Forget that. No high quality screen recorder does what I want it to do, and I won't record in awful quality. Someone else will have to do it, it's doable.
What problem are you having with recording? I don't recall having any issues recording gameplay from the demo version.
TrippyCake

Post by TrippyCake »

LtC wrote:What problem are you having with recording? I don't recall having any issues recording gameplay from the demo version.
Just not motivated enough to try recording programs after 3 have failed me, in one way or another.

Also, don't try to 1cc this in a dark room, it might actually kill you.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

To be honest, I've been too busy with Akai Katana but...
TrippyCake wrote:Also, don't try to 1cc this in a dark room, it might actually kill you.
I haven't played the game yet so I think I'll try this tonight in a blind run. 8)
LtC

Post by LtC »

All right, here (pacifist/timeout). Haven't touched a shmup in quite a while so you'll have to bear with me getting hit here and there. I also upscaled the video into 720p so hopefully the quality is decent enough, at least better than 480p. I just wish Youtube could into 60FPS.

I'll try to get a 1CC tomorrow and give ∀kashic mode a shot as well. From what I checked it's probably easier, or at least less frustrating than ∀nother since you don't die from 100% shield in wing mode from one hit like in ∀lternative ∀rguments. Oh and at least the ∀lternative ∀rguments demo was really easy if you just chose to abuse the hell out of certain methods. In the full version it really looks like the weapon you get after stage 4 is ridiculously overpowered.
Observer

Post by Observer »

Well, I got this one on the mail today so I sit to try the Advent mode, which offers you more survivability chances. Still, missed twice and had the devs tell me to aim for a no miss, lol. No miss+1cc go hand to hand in this game since you essentially have no lives: once you are out of shield and get hit, bam, Game Over.

MAN, those later stages!

I love stage 4 in all its glorious weirdness and CAVE tributes. Bees, the almost "digital theme park of horrors" motif, the colours, the music, the little mechanical thingies walking on Tron-like light roads... And the Hellsinkeresque boss. I appreciate the variety in the battles too, with bosses going in and out of their gigantic machines, spawning enemies, breaking the interface, etc.

Agreed, the sub-Method you earn for Menace Rejector after stage 4 is overpowered as hell but, jeez, the enemies you face are 10 times worse! Stage 5 is something with the boss going fucking crazy. And there is an extra stage that will simply break your screen.

I have to disagree with the "don't try to 1cc this at night" comment :P Crank up those speakers, turn off the lights and let the screen shine with those colours so bright!
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
TrippyCake

Post by TrippyCake »

Observer wrote:I have to disagree with the "don't try to 1cc this at night" comment :P Crank up those speakers, turn off the lights and let the screen shine with those colours so bright!
That visual scream disagrees with you; I won't give you anything more exact but when you see it you will know what I mean.
But I have to say that it makes for an amazing introduction for something I had never before seen or even imagined in shmups.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

SuperSoaker360 wrote:To be honest, I've been too busy with Akai Katana but...
TrippyCake wrote:Also, don't try to 1cc this in a dark room, it might actually kill you.
I haven't played the game yet so I think I'll try this tonight in a blind run. 8)
Well my eyes are still burning right now from my initial playthrough but holy shit that stage 5 boss fight. This is definitely surpassing the acid-trip that Hellsinker was and I most certainly think that this deserves a spot on the shelf of "Greatest Shmup Moments".

What are the difference between the modes? I just did my playthrough on ∀nother.

Also, we should get a highscore thread up sometime.