Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Erppo

Re: Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

Post by Erppo »

sven666 wrote:1.0 plays more like DOJ with the lazer-countering mechanic,
Huh? I thought the basic mechanics were just the same.
TonK

Post by TonK »

Wonder if Cave will even patch it?

Maybe this'll prompt them to release a final LTD version of their last PCB game.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

They'll release a 1.5 version most likely, I'd doubt they'd kill it off like they did akai katana (recall everything an release the fixed game to consumers only).
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
TonK

Post by TonK »

AntiFritz wrote:They'll release a 1.5 version most likely, I'd doubt they'd kill it off like they did akai katana (recall everything an release the fixed game to consumers only).

The game is broken, all record scores are void, right?

I'm currently competing with my buddy on an iOS game. He glitched through a stage and saved like 4 seconds, which is a HUGE amount of time in this game.

I'm a top ranked player and I'm pissed.

I'm sure some Japanese gamers will be pissed.
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

What are the possibilities that they jump all the way to black label besides 1.5?
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

I'd say none. Black Labels have never been glitch fix releases.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

Guys chill, my father who works at CAVE told me they won't release 1.5, but the glitch will be fixed in the steam-release. I analyzed that famitsu interview, and I'm starting to really think so. They said that mushihimesama might be their last 360 game, they said that they'll continue doing arcade games, they said they'll continue on doing smartphone games, and plus to all this, they said about development for "other platforms". If it's not 360, arcade, smartphones... what's left? They do know about steam, they told me that in their email. They have read that CAVE FOR PC-poll thread.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Did some of you guys miss where they said it's their last arcade game? From the sound of it, SDOJ barely made it out at all. I'd be surprised if there was a 1.5, much less a Black Label.

Until someone is able to replicate this with Shot/Laser, it just means that Expert is kind of busted. I don't see many people playing it anyway, but it's still a shame.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

NTSC-J wrote:Did some of you guys miss where they said it's their last arcade game? From the sound of it, SDOJ barely made it out at all. I'd be surprised if there was a 1.5, much less a Black Label.

Until someone is able to replicate this with Shot/Laser, it just means that Expert is kind of busted. I don't see many people playing it anyway, but it's still a shame.
Famitsu interview wrote:Asada: We were able to safely overcome it... but this will probably be the last pcb hardware arcade game we release.

Ikeda: We don't have any more easily available arcade hardware parts. Though, that doesn't mean we will just stop making arcade games.

—Is there a possibility you'll release games through something like NESiCA?

Ikeda: Well, we're looking into that, but I can't say anything concrete now.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Famitsu interview wrote:Asada: We were able to safely overcome it... but this will probably be the last pcb hardware arcade game we release.

Ikeda: We don't have any more easily available arcade hardware parts.
This doesn't exactly sound like good news for reprinting SDOJ boards.

But maybe they'll release something on nesica at some point, who knows.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

moozooh wrote:I'd say none. Black Labels have never been glitch fix releases.
i'd say doj is as close as they'll ever put out
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

sven666 wrote:
back wrote:Please explain me THAT > http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17880450 :lol: :lol: :lol:
lol, I called it! :mrgreen:
Well, that sucks.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Neato, looks like Stage 5 got pushed hard to make that happen. 1.5 seems pretty unlikely, especially since they were specifically trying to get operators on board buying this one by not replacing it with a new full priced release inside of 6 months. It'll probably be more like Pinksweets with dot releases and free(?) upgrades (send it back to Cave and they reprogram it over JTAG, crisis averted?)
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

nZero wrote:they were specifically trying to get operators on board buying this one by not replacing it with a new full priced release inside of 6 months.
Where is this info from? Also I think Futari 1.5 was a free upgrade.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

futari 1.5 and daifukkatsu 1.5 were both free upgrades for the punters that had already bought them :oops:
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
back

Post by back »

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17888837?user_nicorepo

Crazy stage 3 is crazy.
YOS.K pushed on the refill button. :lol:

Btw, ever on stage 3 GPbonus look to be underestimated. There is no score glitch like stage 5 last video, but the area is too small to contain GPbonus AND the "+" glyph.
Fu

Post by Fu »

Uploaded the clear on Hibachi by batimbo : http://youtu.be/bIfum4wHzto
Last YOS.K video coming soon too. Now you know that you refill your hyper high as fuck on a simple turret.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

back wrote:http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17888837?user_nicorepo

Crazy stage 3 is crazy.

Btw, ever on stage 3 GPbonus look to be underestimated. There is no score glitch like stage 5 last video, but the area is too small to contain GPbonus AND the "+" glyph.
LOVE it, system looks VERY satisfying! pretty hardcore timing too.. should be right up DDP afficionados creek.
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
TonK

Post by TonK »

sven666 wrote:
LOVE it, system looks VERY satisfying! pretty hardcore timing too.. should be right up DDP afficionados creek.
Not my creek, lol.

Hoping for a 1.5, slightly toned down.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

sven666 wrote:
back wrote:http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17888837?user_nicorepo

Crazy stage 3 is crazy.

+1 :D
Zengeku3
Banned User

Post by Zengeku3 »

TonK wrote:
sven666 wrote: Hoping for a 1.5, slightly toned down.
Hoping for a 1.5, with cheap safespots fixed. If this game get's toned down then it wouldn't be cool anymore.
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

Skykid wrote:Why is it only the west that has an abject prejudice toward 2D gaming.
All mainstream gaymers do regardless of which side of the globe they are on.
Zengeku3 wrote:Hoping for a 1.5, with cheap safespots fixed. If this game get's toned down then it wouldn't be cool anymore.
Oh, Genbu, you used to be badass. Now you're nothing but a babby hyper refill station.
I also don't think the game should be toned down. If it isn't rape it isn't fun!
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
Zengeku3
Banned User

Post by Zengeku3 »

Formless God wrote:
Skykid wrote:Why is it only the west that has an abject prejudice toward 2D gaming.
Oh, Genbu, you used to be badass. Now you're nothing but a babby hyper refill station.
I also don't think the game should be toned down. If it isn't rape it isn't fun!
Ah... Genbu, genbu, genbu... I'm sorry. Who/What is Genbu?

Also, the Stage 4 midboss looks insanely badass in the early videos when the players didn't point blank it to the point of almost skipping two attacks. If I had access to this game, I wouldn't be chickening out like that. I'd rather use bombs or hypers.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Zengeku3 wrote:Also, the Stage 4 midboss looks insanely badass in the early videos when the players didn't point blank it to the point of almost skipping two attacks. If I had access to this game, I wouldn't be chickening out like that. I'd rather use bombs or hypers.
ChainsawGuitarSP

Post by ChainsawGuitarSP »

NTSC-J, didn't you read those Toaplan interviews posted recently? bombs are SUPPOSED to be an aggressive weapon, you fucking tool. We've been doing it wrong all this time using them as scoring items. Only Zengeku seems to have known better as he's a much more advanced player than the rest of us.
Innovations in Recreational Electronic Media
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

***A HUGE BATTLESHIP***
*****DIVISIVE CRAB*****
**IS APPROACHING FAST**
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Zengeku3
Banned User

Post by Zengeku3 »

ChainsawGuitarSP wrote:NTSC-J, didn't you read those Toaplan interviews posted recently? bombs are SUPPOSED to be an aggressive weapon, you fucking tool. We've been doing it wrong all this time using them as scoring items. Only Zengeku seems to have known better as he's a much more advanced player than the rest of us.
Nah, bombs as I see them are for defence unless the scoring system demands the use of them. I just meant to say that I find all that killing the bosses before they get their attacks off to be quite lame and that I wouldn't do it even if it meant having to spend resources to survive.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Zengeku3 wrote:
ChainsawGuitarSP wrote:NTSC-J, didn't you read those Toaplan interviews posted recently? bombs are SUPPOSED to be an aggressive weapon, you fucking tool. We've been doing it wrong all this time using them as scoring items. Only Zengeku seems to have known better as he's a much more advanced player than the rest of us.
Nah, bombs as I see them are for defence unless the scoring system demands the use of them. I just meant to say that I find all that killing the bosses before they get their attacks off to be quite lame and that I wouldn't do it even if it meant having to spend resources to survive.
Is this your view on any game in general or specific to Cave shmups like this one? If that's a blanket statement I'd advise you stay away from anything with the word 'Raiden' in it - bombs are most certainly not 'defence-only' objects and killing bosses before they get attacks off is not only ideal to make things easier but in some cases essential to survival.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Hey, he makes a good point. Instead of using a well-timed hyper and speed-killing to get the hyper recharge like the top players do, he would wait out the boss's patterns until needing to bomb, which would waste a bomb, cause him to miss the recharge, break or reduce his chain, and deny him from getting the 1-up.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

I don't think there would be a problem except these are assumed to be bosses. Big, badass, challenging to fight. If they were hyper recharge fodder, they should be called Hyper Recharge Fodder, not Boss.

They could have added another way to get a quick hyper that would have actually been interesting and challenging, like the DOJ Stage 4 boss trick. That's really hard to pull off!