Chicagoland Spring Carnival future + announcement

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Andi

Re: Chicagoland Winter Carnival 2012 - Feb 17-19 - discussion

Post by Andi »

I'm ready as hell for this. See you tomorrow. 8)
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

http://www.twitch.tv/zerst

Threw together a stream page for the event. Let me know if there's anything I should change/add.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
<trap15> C is for Bakraid
drboom

Post by drboom »

That looks fantastic! Only thing - I am no longer a marketing guy - I work in the bike industry now. Very cool - great work! See you all tomorrow!
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

drboom wrote:That looks fantastic! Only thing - I am no longer a marketing guy - I work in the bike industry now. Very cool - great work! See you all tomorrow!
Updated :>
Dimahoo is a fun game.
<trap15> C is for Bakraid
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

Can't find Super Contra, wondering if I even have it anymore honestly. I could have sworn I did, but then again I sold so much stuff a year ago I couldn't tell ya. Off the top of my head I'm bringing

Special Project Y
Battlantis
GI Joe
Gamshara
Ninja Emaki
Battle Garegga
1943 Kai
Omega Fighter Special
Run Deep

and I'm whipped so off to bed. I searched the house 3 times for Super Contra. I swear its in a box with a Ninja Gaiden but I could be losing it.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Alright, rolling on up there now. See you folks in about 8-10 hours or so :mrgreen:
drboom

Post by drboom »

And I'm on my way over to Logan to finish the set-up. I'll take a few pics when I'm done and post here.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Due to family circumstances, I won't be attending this weekend. Have fun, though!
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

Mother-effer. Someone else better be bringing a J-360. Didn't pack mine since 2 other people said they'd provide. I've got all the games with me, but no system.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Sitting by myself in the chat room.

Edit: Oh right, doesn't start till 6pm lol
t0yrobo

Post by t0yrobo »

I'm doing some touristy shit for awhile, ill join you all later tonight.
XBL - CountryGolden
drboom

Post by drboom »

For those of you showing up after nine, text me so I know to let you in cause the main store closes at nine.
Sandlegs

Post by Sandlegs »

I am actually in chicago today for unrelated reasons! will stop by and see what is going on.
(2x middle fingers)
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

I see you guys around 2-3PM. I will be in a Zildjian K shirt and Blackhawks sweater.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
shmups IRC wrote:wich linode wud u fuk
drboom

Post by drboom »

Amazing that some of us are still going strong, but we are. Not gonna be a stream - I'm too wiped and its too late really - have to do one next time. I'll post up some pics after the weekend, but I can say this has been the best one so far - a really cool venue and lots of good people.
Sandlegs

Post by Sandlegs »

That was a fantastic Saturday. Thank you everyone who brought cabs and consoles.
(2x middle fingers)
drboom

Post by drboom »

Just got back from Logan, did some cleaning up, chatting with Zespy. He's definitely a shmups convert now. Awesome weekend! Thanks everyone for coming out, bringing stuff, especially gunbird18 for buying and bringing up an Aero City and caldwert for bring two monitors and a ton of boards.

I'll update suicide bullets with a write-up and I'll post some pics in a day or so.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Just got back home and unloaded. Great times everyone! Felt nice to get the Ketsui 1CC on the actual PCB. Still gotta work on getting that loop though....
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

Just got home, exhausted to say the least. Had a great time and it exceeded any expectations I had honestly. Can't thank dr. boom and Zespy enough for getting this set up and allowing us to use the space. Think I'm going to go pass out.
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

Have to say, this meetup was worth the trip. I'll get some of my pictures I've taken on Saturday onto my Flickr account, though I didn't really took much pictures. Expect them up by end of this week.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
shmups IRC wrote:wich linode wud u fuk
Matskat

Post by Matskat »

m3tall1ca wrote:Due to family circumstances, I won't be attending this weekend. Have fun, though!
Damn dude.... bummer.

I was looking out for ya too!
Next year? We have several meets a year in the St.Louis \ Chicago region....
Sorry you had family stuff come up. Hope everything's OK...

-M
Mat$kaT
http://matskatcustoms.wordpress.com
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32709
"This is not similation. Get ready to destoroy the enemy. Target for the weak points of f**kin' machine. Do your best you have ever done."
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

So Brendz and I made it home finally. We got to the bus station and we could either wait until midnight for the next bus to Detroit(sitting in the depot for 12 hours and then getting back to Toronto around 1pm Monday) or take a different bus at noon that rolled through Indiana and Ohio, transfer in Toledo to Detroit and then on home to Toronto. Got to Toledo and the Detroit bus was ready to go. Got to Detroit around 8pm and had to wait for the next bus to Toronto until 1:15am. Finally got home at 6:30 AM this morning. Long trip!!!

Huge thanks to Dr. Boom for hosting and opening his home to us, and Zespy for providing the awesome spot. Had way too much fun this weekend! Zespy has definitely planted the pinball seed in our heads now.... :lol: Gonna have to look into that biznass. 8)

It was awesome to meet everybody and hang out. Between the pinball, vegan burritos, all the friendly faces and all your fancy IPA's this was an epic weekend!

We are definitely going to have to get you guys up here sometime.

Although we are thinking about coming back to Chicago this summer to hang out and see some more of the city. Probably bring the missus too.

Oh, and big thanks to Caldwert for bringing all the obscure boards. Ninja Emaki was bad ass!!

I miss you guys already!! :cry:
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

No problem about bringing those boards. I always like to turn people on to obscure crap like that, and I've always thought Ninja Emaki was awesome. And speaking of pinball, I saw this on Facebook today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pinb ... 5483188126 Not a ton of pinball machines but decent, mainly older stuff though. Not sure how close it is to you and Brendz.

My thoughts a full day afterwards. Still can't get over how righteous Logan Hardware is. Everyone I talked to was super cool. Lots of gaming skills on display. More than enough stuff to keep you occupied. Honestly time flew by.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

caldwert wrote:No problem about bringing those boards. I always like to turn people on to obscure crap like that, and I've always thought Ninja Emaki was awesome. And speaking of pinball, I saw this on Facebook today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pinb ... 5483188126 Not a ton of pinball machines but decent, mainly older stuff though. Not sure how close it is to you and Brendz.

My thoughts a full day afterwards. Still can't get over how righteous Logan Hardware is. Everyone I talked to was super cool. Lots of gaming skills on display. More than enough stuff to keep you occupied. Honestly time flew by.
Awesome!! That's actually on my street but west . 20 mins on a street car. Definitely have to check it out.
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

jonny5 wrote:
caldwert wrote:No problem about bringing those boards. I always like to turn people on to obscure crap like that, and I've always thought Ninja Emaki was awesome. And speaking of pinball, I saw this on Facebook today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pinb ... 5483188126 Not a ton of pinball machines but decent, mainly older stuff though. Not sure how close it is to you and Brendz.

Awesome!! That's actually on my street but west . 20 mins on a street car. Definitely have to check it out.
Dude let me know, since I'm working downtown now I could totally pick you guys up and we could check it out one evening. I'd be down for grabbing some sammiches for dinner and dropping some quarters.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

shmuppyLove wrote:
jonny5 wrote:

Dude let me know, since I'm working downtown now I could totally pick you guys up and we could check it out one evening. I'd be down for grabbing some sammiches for dinner and dropping some quarters.
You moved? Where you at now?

Only downside to that place once I checked the website is all the pins are early to late 70's, which aren't as good to me. I liked the newer ones cuz they are super flashy and more going on; the 70's ones are simpler. Still worth checking out.

I am halfway thinking about convincing Zespy to sell me Shaq 8) Break the backboard!!! :lol:

Thanks for the link Caldwert!
dr. mr.

Post by dr. mr. »

hello all! yep, i have entered this world... its rad. thanks to all of you for showing me a bit about this hobby and for letting me play your games. Omega Fighter forever!!! :)

-zespy
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

jonny5 wrote:You moved? Where you at now?
Yeah I work at Jarvis n Carlton now! Super close
Matskat

Post by Matskat »

dr. mr. wrote:hello all! yep, i have entered this world... its rad. thanks to all of you for showing me a bit about this hobby and for letting me play your games. Omega Fighter forever!!! :)

-zespy
Thanks Zespy, for having us!

What a totally accommodating & righteous dude you are!

Omega Fighter was the shit. It's like Cave took all the mechancis in THAT game and subdivided 'em up among all their catalogue!

OH, Zesp! I bought one of your wife's grandmother's scarves for my wife - she loves it and digs that you sell that stuff.

I left you at note too! Hope you got it...
Thanks again for the good time!

-Matt
Mat$kaT
"This is not similation. Get ready to destoroy the enemy. Target for the weak points of f**kin' machine. Do your best you have ever done."
Matskat

Post by Matskat »

dr. mr. wrote:hello all! yep, i have entered this world... its rad. thanks to all of you for showing me a bit about this hobby and for letting me play your games. Omega Fighter forever!!! :)

-zespy
Thanks Zespy, for having us!

What a totally accommodating & righteous dude you are!

Omega Fighter was the shit. It's like Cave took one look at all the mechanics in THAT game and subdivided 'em up among all their entire catalogue!

OH, Zesp! I bought one of your wife's grandmother's knitted scarves for my wife - she loves it and digs that you sell that stuff - she says "Tell 'im his nana rocks the needles!"

I left you at note too! Hope you got it...

Thanks again for the good time!
caldwert wrote:
Grippin' grain \ switchin lanes
causin pain in the turnin' lane

wood grain i'm grippin' \ 4 - 4's I'm tippin
syrup sippin' wit the paint drippin'
turn yo neck and yo dame missin!
Like "Do or Die!" \ I'm 'po pimpin'
Car stops \ rims keep spinnin!
Mat$kaT