GundeadliGne

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Seahawk

GundeadliGne

Post by Seahawk »

GundeadliGne
© 2005 Platine Dispositif

There are some scantily clad ladies trying to invade earth. Or something. Just get out there and blow them back to hell for great justice and high scores.

Accepting scores from all versions, physical media or Steam release since I'm pretty sure the gameplay is the same. Someone correct me if that isn't true.
Use default settings, 3 lives, no continues, no cheats. Auto-bomb is optional (but not recommended for score).

Submission format:

Code: Select all

Name -- Character + Matrix/Relic Type -- Score - (Sub)Stage -- Auto-bomb
Also, please note your difficulty so it gets on the right table.
Please mention if you reached the true last boss XXX Lotus Blacker, as it is optional.
If you beat it (a godlike feat), say so as well!

ALL - Game clear, no TLB
5 + TLB - death at TLB
ALL + TLB - Game clear with TLB

Novice:
1. Enigma - 948,605,310 - ALL - No
2. Despatche - Eryth + Pearl - 358,339,580 - ALL - No

Standard:
1. Seahawk - Eryth + Ruby - 3,140,785,900 - 5 + TLB - No
2. Enigma - Nagi + Murakumo - 2,986,2671810 - ALL + TLB - No

Advanced:

Demonic: (TLB is always present on Demonic mode)
1. Enigma - Nagi + Murakumo- 5,452,622,290 - All
Last edited by Seahawk on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:58 am, edited 8 times in total.
Seahawk

Re: GundeadliGne

Post by Seahawk »

I'll open up with this:

Seahawk - Eryth + Ruby - 2,636,559,520 - 5,TLB - No
Standard difficulty.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Enigma- Eryth + Diamond - 544,379,290- 5- No
Standard Difficulty

Failed rank control 1cc. I was doing a decent job of controlling the rank before stage 4 and 5. Ended up at Phase level 7. My best score with increasing rank on purpose is around 176 million with Elixirel, but getting farther in the game at low rank is better than game overing on high rank early. I was gonna go for Advanced first after trying Standard then I found out the midbosses and bosses drop Mana rather than Extends.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Novice mode
Despatche - Eryth + Pearl - 358,339,580 - ALL - No

Version 1.03. I have no idea what I'm doing.

I know this might be a bit early, but maybe you should split by character. Elixirel is bad for scoring, Nagi is good, Eryth is somewhere in between. Not sure what to do about the matrixes/relics and stage 4.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Chaos Phoenixma

My score isn't an All, sadly. I game overed on one of the Lotus forms. I really need to 1cc this though.

Also I chose Novice by accident and.

Enigma- Elixirel- 882,146,200- 5- No

I game overed on the final attack, WTF. If I had lasted only a little longer i could have done a counterbomb and finished it.

Edit:

Got the Novice 1cc. Standard's gonna need a lot of work to actually 1cc.

Enigma- Elixirel- 948,605,310-All- No
Novice Difficulty

Enigma-Elixirel- 750,576,140- 4- No
Standard Difficulty

I really need to learn how to alter break the bosses in stage 1 and 3 so that if I could do it on one of them I'd be able to get the extra life for alter breaking all parts of an area. I already can do it somewhat consistently on the second stage. Went less on the rank control on this run, plus Elixirel can't control it as well anyway. I don't plan to do as much in later runs though as I don't think it'll be necessary. And avoiding the TLB to get a 1cc probably isn't going to happen with this shot. I could avoid TLB with Eryth/Diamond though. On the subject of controlling the rank, next run I'm going to try stopping it once I get to stage 3. At that point it doesn't seem as worth it outside of trying to make sure it's not at 21 to avoid the suicide bullet spreads and suicide bullets from midbosses and bosses, and I can't stop it before that because that part before the stage 2 bosses is a runkiller at high rank.

Managed to get the TLB to show up on Demonic Challenge. Not sure what I did to get it to be there. How far can you get into the TLB anyway? I can handle the first 2 attack patterns, but the final attack destroys me. If I can figure out that pattern, then a Standard TLB All should be doable. Though I'm not sure how the TLB handles bombs in this game, whether it's bomb immunity or healing. But with the regenerating health of the TLB, any bombs or deaths would be pretty bad in terms of taking it down. At least I don't find the first 2 TLB patterns to be very hard, at least not harder than some of the stuff that appears earlier in the game, but that final attack is hard.
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

Standard
Seahawk - Eryth + Ruby - 2,745,212,100 - 5+TLB - No
Damn you XXX Lotus Blacker :(.
Chaos Phoenixma wrote:I really need to learn how to alter break the bosses in stage 1 and 3 so that if I could do it on one of them I'd be able to get the extra life for alter breaking all parts of an area.
Stage 1:
Defeat the two arms of the Chatnoir mecha, then hold your fire on the boss, and shoot missiles instead. When the required count reaches around 30 or so, then you can safely destroy the mecha, and you will alter break with the gems it drops.

Stage 3:
Shoot lots and lots of cubes. Align 5 undestroyable gray cubes in a single column and they will be destroyed. You can also fill a row of gray cubes, but that is difficult and dangerous.
What I do is position myself in the center, and shoot on a single row until a gray cube reaches the center. Then move on to the next row. Eventually a column will be formed, they will be wiped out, and you can repeat.

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:How far can you get into the TLB anyway?
It is really, really hard, because when I get there I am usually at phase level 18-21. I once got to the third phase, but usually I'm screwed at the first.
Chaos Phoenixma wrote:Though I'm not sure how the TLB handles bombs in this game, whether it's bomb immunity or healing. But with the regenerating health of the TLB, any bombs or deaths would be pretty bad in terms of taking it down. At least I don't find the first 2 TLB patterns to be very hard, at least not harder than some of the stuff that appears earlier in the game, but that final attack is hard.
A bomb is an instant 100% health recharge for the TLB. Using subweapons stops the level timer, prolonging the fight if you are hoping to get a time out.
Chaos Phoenixma

Phase level doesn't affect how hard XXX Lotus blacker is.

Standard
Enigma- Elixirel- 1,667,235,580- 5+TLB - No

Got to the final form of normal final boss with 4 hearts in stock. Got reduced to 1 by it. Heart drop gets me to 2 for the TLB. Get to final attack then mess it up obviously. I should have really entered TLB with 4 or 5 left. I have no idea how I died to that one form 3 times.

Edit:

Standard
Enigma- Elixirel- 1,776,655,760- 5+TLB- No

Got to XXX Lotus Blacker's final attack with the maximum of 5 hearts left, and still screwed it up.
Chaos Phoenixma

Standard
Enigma- Elixirel- 2,162,379,810 - 5+TLB- No

This shows just how close I was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KxdquJnfdE

That final attack is seriously the bane of my runs. And I don't know if I'll score anywhere near that well again without a clear. And for some reason it decided not to upload the score to the leaderboard. I'm guessing you're having the same problem with that. Also since you mentioned the opening as being a problem, just follow the movements I do there. It's very much like a Psikyo pattern, fast but totally static and can be memorized.

Edit:

now it's 7 times having gone against the TLB. 7 times game overing to that damn final attack.

Edit again:

Standard
Enigma- Elixirel- 2,244,663,940- All + TLB- No

The score did not upload to Steam, but I did record the run live.

And here's the run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjPkt7obog4
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

You are THE MAN! Congrats on taking out that bad boss bitch of a TLB.

As for me....

Seahawk - Eryth + Ruby - 2,926,092,010 - 5 + TLB - No

I totally blew this one by overheating my guns early on :(.

Score improvement is hard to come by now. I'm thinking I'll need to intentionally rise the phase level on the first stage by counter bombing intentionally for higher gem level raises and better end of stage bonuses.

What'd you use to record the run? FRAPs?

The scoreboards on the Steam version are broken. I don't know why, but it seems to be just for the Standard scoreboards, all the other difficulties work fine when submitting. I made a post about it here.
-1 for online functionality I suppose. Still, that's ok, I do enjoy the human element of discussing the game here :).

Also, for future score updates, please always make a new post instead of editing, that way I can see that there is a new post in the replies count, also it bumps the thread up to the top on the high score page.
Chaos Phoenixma

I did use Fraps. Anytime I used it for this game, I was still get 0% delay, which is great cause usually Touhou would have some lag when recording.
Chaos Phoenixma

Demonic
Enigma- Nagi + Murakumo - 2,075,031,350- 4D

#1 Demonic Score on Steam. Also getting sick of the small amounts of lag I'm getting at times. It really throws off my timing with the flipping causing me to die. I should have gotten to stage 5 easily here, but random lag screwed me on the Eryth fight. Not to mention the absolutely horrible hit I took on Machina 13th
Chaos Phoenixma

:D

I thought Nagi would be the hard character, but after figuring her out, I realized, she's the easy character for this mode.

Demonic
Enigma - Nagi + Murakumo- 4,000,353,420- All

No need to specify TLB for Demonic after all since it's not optional there, though I let the fight time out cause I had no idea how to do it with her. Score didn't upload to the leaderboard yet again :evil:

Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT..........

Well, I guess it's only a matter of time until you beat my score on standard huh?

Really, really awesome job there :D.
Chaos Phoenixma

Okay. It's not really by much though. Nagi isn't really as great on Standard cause due to the nonexistance of bombs, you can't get the rank up very fast. If I want to improve on this, I would have to learn how to play Eryth, and I find her the hardest to use.

Get that 1cc and you'll be able to beat this.

Standard
Enigma -Nagi + Murakumo- 2,986,267,810- All + TLB

I actually killed the TLB on this run.
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

DAT 3 BILLION. Feels good man.

But also DAT XXX Lotus Blacker, can't beat her :(.

Seahawk - Eryth + Ruby - 3,087,884,480 - 5 + TLB
Chaos Phoenixma

I wish I could help you with that TLB, but I can't beat her in practice even with 5 hearts as Eryth. That final attack is just painful with her. She's definitely the hardest to kill it with.

Demonic
Enigma- Nagi + Murakumo- 5,452,622,290 - All

Only 1 boss wasn't killed in this run(Michael). I got hit once on it then just timed the rest of it out for safety. Good thing too cause if I had died a second time on Michael, this would have ended up not being a clear. I really need to learn how to finish Michael with this character as it's nowhere near as simple as the Demonic Challenge version.

Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

I beat her TLB form on practice, so that's progress at least.

Seahawk - Eryth + Ruby - 3,140,785,900 - 5 + TLB - No

Goddammit man you broke 5 billion :shock:.
Chaos Phoenixma

Demonic
Enigma- Nagi + Murakumo- 6,422,791,880- All

Totally satsified with this even though it could be improved upon. Won't bother unless someone beats it. All 16 Alter Breaks and all bosses killed.

And it uploaded to the leaderboard too because

that minus 2,147,483,647(overflow) - 2,147,483,648(back to 0) equaled a higher score than what was previously on the leaderboard and below what would have caused another overflow.

Last edited by Chaos Phoenixma on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos Phoenixma

May as well post my Novice score from the leaderboard too.

Novice
Enigma- Eryth + Diamond- 1,234,879,860 - All- No