Japanese Atomiswave cab.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
BIG

Japanese Atomiswave cab.

Post by BIG »

Has anyone of you guys ever had a first-hand experience with this particular cab? If so,how's the picture quality? Build? Is the monitor rotable like those of the Egret models?

Any info. will be greatly appreciated :)

B-
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

I thought they used the Taito Egret 3 with Sammy stickers in place now. I have read that the Egret 3 has a flat screen but have no first hand experience. They are easy to rotate and have a multi-sync monitor which I'm sure is beautiful.
ResOGlas

Post by ResOGlas »

Word up BIG. AW cabs seem the same as Egret 3's. I've played on them first hand a shit load of times. The monitor is multi-resolution and flat, and looks absolutely stunning. I don't know if the monitor rotates like the egret, but there's a 95% chance that it does. Aside from the single joystick layout w/ card reader on the AW, you can't tell the difference from an Egret 3. You in the market, BIG? :wink:
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

I know the Egret 3 rotates like the two previous models for sure...the control panels you can swap out too.
Molloy

Post by Molloy »

The Egret3/Atomiswave cab is pretty much the best one out there. Handles all the resolutions, just like a Blast City. They're pricey enough mind.
PC Engine Fan X!

How much Taito Egret 3 or Sammy Atomiswave cab cost?

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Yo fellow shmuppers,

How much is the going rate for a brand new Taito Egret 3 cabinet or a Sammy Atomiswave cabinet?

And what would be the going rate for a used one for either cabinet as well?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
BIG

Post by BIG »

ResOGlas wrote:You in the market, BIG? :wink:
;)

B-
zakk

Post by zakk »

The problem with these cabinets is FINDING them. I doubt there's many in the US. Europe may have better chances due to the whole Killercabs thing. You can probably get them from japan, but single unit shipping for a cab is going to kill you.

If you want to get shipping at reasonable prices, you need to ship an entire cargo container of them, essentially.
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

A brand new Taito Egret 3 is probably $2000+. Somewhere around there, and that isn't counting shipping.

When I was looking a few months ago, a used one (I don't know the condition) was $1400 or so...again, not counting shipping costs.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I want a Egret 3 31khz ;)

Maybe next year. If someone wants to order a crap load I want one.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
zakk

Post by zakk »

The logistics of bulk cab orders suck way too much for most private individuals to do it. There's the whole 'where do I put a cargo container full of cabinets' issue to start with, which then leads to 'now I have to ship a bunch of people cabinets all over the country'.

Also requires lots of money up front, and coordinating that much money changing hands with that many people involved hurts my head.

I really wish the US had someone like Killercabs. We sorta did, but it was Arcadeinfinity, and that wasn't working out so well...
BIG

Post by BIG »

zakk wrote:The problem with these cabinets is FINDING them.
:lol:

Already got the ball rolling,should be here in a few weeks.

B-
zakk

Post by zakk »

How much did that shipping hurt you? I'd consider an egret 2 (I like the panel size and screen angle more than my egret) if I could 1) find it and 2) ship it without paying some large multiple of the cabinet price.
BIG

Post by BIG »

zakk wrote:How much did that shipping hurt you? I'd consider an egret 2 (I like the panel size and screen angle more than my egret) if I could 1) find it and 2) ship it without paying some large multiple of the cabinet price.
I'm looking at $1,500-$1,600 for the whole shebang.

B-
Molloy

Post by Molloy »

There's talk at Killer Cabs about getting some Egret 3's. The last sale fell through because he couldn't get 20 orders. He may be able to get hold of 6 of them in another order however.

I'm trying to decide should I buy a cheap Aero City or something pricier. Shipping to Ireland is going to make the whole thing pricey anyway so I'm thinking maybe I should go the whole hog. :)
oxtsu

Re: How much Taito Egret 3 or Sammy Atomiswave cab cost?

Post by oxtsu »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:How much is the going rate for a brand new Taito Egret 3 cabinet or a Sammy Atomiswave cabinet?
For Egret 3 cabinet, it's costing roughly $2700 direct from Taito in Japan (last I checked a few months ago). Then there is the freight and handling costs, which can run up to $1000 for single unit. It's worth it, but out of the price range for most of us hobbyist types I think.
ThirdStrike
Banned User

Post by ThirdStrike »

How do you get a Egret 2?
SHAQ FU!
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

ThirdStrike wrote:How do you get a Egret 2?
They're pretty hard to find, even in Japan second-hand market. I haven't found anyone in the US that has stock of them. I wouldn't want (or afford) to pay much more than standard Astro prices though, $600 tops.

Arcaderick in Germany have them in-stock, but too expensive for US folks, IMO.
http://www.arcaderick.de/machines.html