old superseded thread

black mariah
Banned User

old superseded thread

Post by black mariah »

http://shmup.com/index.php?page=fiche&id=493

Someone brought this up in the shmups IRC channel a while back and I've been messing with it ever since. Very straightforward "Shoot everything" gameplay. Really all I can say is stay powered up because your score appears to be based on the amount of bullets that hit a target (I could be mistaken) and try not to run into the powerup crates thinking they'll open in before you run into them. They won't. Blast them open, THEN make your move. You have a 3 minute time limit with 10 second extends after every boss.

I won't bother with a scoreboard until a couple of others post. My high score so far is 4642.

*edit* Updated. :D

1. 5387 - shiftace
2. 5118 - SiKrAiKeN
3. 4889 - Skyline
4. 4642 - black mariah
5. 4138 - Damocles
6. 3908 - Landshark
7. 3561 - ArrogantBastard
8. 2598 - captain ahar

I need to get back to this one. I discovered Every Extend last night. Not good for VAX11 scoring. :lol:
Last edited by black mariah on Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Blow up self to involve enemies.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

i've always wanted to try this, i'll give it a shot. i love the graphics.

edit: holy crap this is sweet, my second attempt was 2598
I have no sig whatsoever.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Damocles - 4138 bytes
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

I LIKEY!

Skyline - 4,899 bytes
shiftace

Post by shiftace »

I have a 5,315 replay saved from last October. Curiously, since that time, something happened to this computer that changed the game's display font, and that replay no longer works (game over before the second boss). So I tried again a few times and got to 5,387. The game said 5,458 when time ran out, but the title screen said just 5,387.

The main score trick is to die at the right time to get extra bombs, since each bullet destroyed is +1 point. On the other hand, there's a rank system that increases the amount that enemies fire, but it resets when you die. So there is a -little- room for tricky score optimization.
"Can they really get inside my head?"
"As long as you keep an open mind."
landshark

Post by landshark »

Landshark - 3908

Can't stand games that have f'ing time limits.
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

I don't know about you all, but I really hate games that features ships that moves too goddamned fast for my own liking which causes me to "accidentally" run into enemy bullets.

ArrogantBastard - 3561
black mariah
Banned User

Post by black mariah »

I'd like to see an endless version, but that would get a bit silly. The game's not really that hard (even I've run out of time) and it would just go on and on and on....

The ship might seem to fast but the first time you panic and flail your way through a dozen bullets, then realize you actually went where you wanted you'll realize it's not that bad. :lol: It doesn't seem that fast to me. Maybe Feveron and parsec47 broke my fast. :lol:
Blow up self to involve enemies.
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

4748 - ArrogantBastard
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Forum member has been banned that owned this topic. Anyone who wishes to start a new thread for this game, and pick up the scores where they left off, should feel free to do so...

EDIT: New thread is now open HERE

Regards,

TF
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen