I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
burgerkingdiamond

Re: I DID IT

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

Deca wrote:You know we could just establish a DDP rivalry :P I've still been playing semi regularly to try and bring up my skill a bit with the loop being a longer term goal. You don't seem too far behind at all really.
you said you've cleared a few times now. What's your highest score? have you gotten into the 2nd loop yet? I'm trying to figure out which requirement would be easiest to get. I think it would have to be the 330 chain. I've broken 300 before, so I'm close. Dying only twice seems attainable too, but would be less consistent probably.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

burgerkingdiamond wrote:I'm trying to figure out which requirement would be easiest to get. I think it would have to be the 330 chain. I've broken 300 before, so I'm close. Dying only twice seems attainable too, but would be less consistent probably.
The chain, definitely. Best place for that is the popcorn spam section of 1-5 which gives you 330 hits by itself and the middle section of 1-6 is also pretty easy to chain if you can avoid getting hit.

When you get to the point where you can loop the game with some lives left, the 50 million score requirement should come pretty much automatically without that much chaining so you can stop worrying about looping.
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

Got back to Raiden Fighters 2 and finally beaten the boss rush with the Judge Spear.
Awesome ship with awesome firepower, just comparable to that of a Slave ship.

Unfortunately, things got messy with the second loop because of the suicide bullets. :P
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
Deca

Post by Deca »

burgerkingdiamond wrote:you said you've cleared a few times now. What's your highest score? have you gotten into the 2nd loop yet? I'm trying to figure out which requirement would be easiest to get. I think it would have to be the 330 chain. I've broken 300 before, so I'm close. Dying only twice seems attainable too, but would be less consistent probably.
I think my highest score so far was 31mil with C-S. I've only been using A-L anymore though and I think my best so far is 29-30mil, not sure what my best chain is. I've just been doing runs to work on overall consistency and improve on the st5 and 6 bosses as well as reducing bomb reliance in those stages. I feel like I have a ways to go yet...still learning bee positions in st4. I should really go back to the savestate approach for a bit probably.

I was thinking I'd practice until I got at least ~50% clear rate and then start trying to learn chains a bit better.
1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki
Deca

Post by Deca »

I FUCKING FINALLY CLEARED RAIDEN FIGHTERS 2

This game has been taunting me, I actually had a dream that I cleared it last night. Kept coming SO CLOSE and blowing it on TLB. When I finally pulled it off I actually finished with a life in stock. I made some scoring errors early on but nothing huge, it ended up being possibly my best scoring run to date. 69,795,310 all said and done, a little disappointed I couldn't break 70mil but I'm just ready to a take a break from Seibu for a little bit.

Still shaking and need to catch my breath, it feels so amazing to finally clear a game that you really had to work at.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Deca wrote:I FUCKING FINALLY CLEARED RAIDEN FIGHTERS 2

This game has been taunting me, I actually had a dream that I cleared it last night. Kept coming SO CLOSE and blowing it on TLB. When I finally pulled it off I actually finished with a life in stock. I made some scoring errors early on but nothing huge, it ended up being possibly my best scoring run to date. 69,795,310 all said and done, a little disappointed I couldn't break 70mil but I'm just ready to a take a break from Seibu for a little bit.

Still shaking and need to catch my breath, it feels so amazing to finally clear a game that you really had to work at.
:D:D:D:D:D

Awesome stuff man! It's very satisfying making progress on a Seibu game isn't it? :D

I almost feel inclined to have a go at JET and clear it but each time I've tried I screw up early on and wreck my run. No wonder some people blame Seibu Kaihatsu games for restartitis.
Deca

Post by Deca »

The first stage or two in Seibu games is incredibly important, but if I make a little mistake later on I don't usually feel as compelled to restart (unless it's a death). But yeah, I have to say this is definitely one of the most meaningful 1CCs I've managed so far, right up there with DDP...maybe even more so honestly.

Jet and RF1 are both really tempting right now but I definitely need a break from manic for a bit before I dive back in.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Good work!
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

I beat Futari Black Label Maniac Mode for the first time today. Feels pretty good. I wanna beat it few more times until I start playing God Mode more often.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Nicely done finisherr!

I no missed all the way till Mrs Gara in ESPRaDe, cleared it for the first time last night with 3 lives remaining using JB5th. 17mil, not bad but it could have been 20+ if I didn't make a few dumb mistakes. I'm happy...

Now to get pulversized more in Dimahoo LOL
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

Nice job chempop, x3 lives in pretty impressive imo. I was playing ESPrade regularly a couple month ago with Yuusuke, consistently walled at Garra. Playing on MAME, there was some weird slowdown with some of her patterns and Yuusuke's flame shot, which made dodging extremely difficult in places. Not sure if it was a MAME thing or just part of the game, but that will probably be the next Cave PCB I get... I just watched the Akira on bluray for the first time in many years and it started that itch for ESPrade again.
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
chempop

Post by chempop »

Thanks! RaDe was my first PCB, and in preparation I watched Ghost in the Shell and Akira right before getting into it :). I was able to get to Gara almost right away, but that final pattern with the hands had me stumped for a week or so. I eventually experimented and discovered how to fly circles around her, cake.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Congrats Chempop, it must be a great feeling to clear your first pcb!

I'm shopping for my to-be first pcb at the moment, so hopefully I can finally stick with something instead of playing everything I have.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

I clumsily lost a life on the Stage 2 boss but decided to just play through anyway. Glad I did.
Deca

Post by Deca »

Sorted out the only hole in my st1 DOJBL chain! Now I just need to pull the whole stage together in one run, I'm SO CLOSE. I got the extend on the st1 result screen for the first time!

Need to work on the st4 boss, he's easy but he always gets me shaken up. I feel like I'm making progress.
Wooph

Post by Wooph »

I finally got my first cave shooter 1-All on DOJBL. Feels alright... I guess. My last 1CC was on Gradius V years ago. I'll probably clear Ketsui next.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

That is not an easy clear. Good job. I think I might be able to do it if it wasn't for Stage 5. It's just so long and brutal. The 2nd half of stage 4 is definitely no picnic either.
Wooph

Post by Wooph »

Strange thing is, I wasn't even aiming for the clear. I just finished hammering out some rough spots in stage 5 with save states and decided to do a cool down play through.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Congrats Wooph! Which ship type and pilot did you use?

When I 1-Alled DOJBL for the first time I was so insanely happy, top of the world man, but then again I don't use save states so every credit was a true test of my endurrance. I think those who play straight up get a lot more satisfaction than those who "drill and kill" their way to "victory". But that's a touchy subject around these parts.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Finally fucking cleared 1.5 Original.

Decided to sit down and give the game a good 2 hours, and did some stage 5 practice. Got to Larsa with 3 lives and no bombs, killed her with 1 life and no bombs.

Not really a good score, not even my best score, but I'm so damn happy to get this 1cc. Had to work so much harder for this one than BL Original.

Trying to decide what to go for next, since I have a week until a repair guy comes to fix my cab's monitor.
Wooph

Post by Wooph »

I used Type-B with Exy. I do think that using save states kinda takes a bit out of the clear for me.

It didn't feel as exciting as when I cleared Gradius V or when I cleared every chapter in F-zero GX on very hard on the actual consoles.

My mind was a little numb from the constant reloading. At the same time though, I'm not sure if I could have done it without the save states. They let you quickly redo a tough part of the stage over and over again, so you can try all sorts of approaches until you find the right one.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

-
Last edited by Cagar on Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deca

Post by Deca »

dunpeal2064 wrote:Finally fucking cleared 1.5 Original.
Gah, you beat me! That's what I've been going for recently. Any general tips you have to offer? 1.5 is so much harder/less enjoyable than BL, I just want to get this clear out of the way so I don't feel guilty about playing BL haha.

Cagar wrote:I started playing raiden fighters 2 thanks to this thread, let's see how long it takes to clear :D
I'm sure you'll probably get it a lot faster than I did, but I'm hoping if gives you a little trouble just to make me feel better about myself :P
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Deca wrote: I just want to get this clear out of the way so I don't feel guilty about playing BL haha.
Heh, I know what you mean; I cleared 1.5 before BL because I wanted BL's shot power to feel like an upgrade I'd 'earned'. :P
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Deca wrote:
Gah, you beat me! That's what I've been going for recently. Any general tips you have to offer? 1.5 is so much harder/less enjoyable than BL, I just want to get this clear out of the way so I don't feel guilty about playing BL haha.

Yeah man, I cleared BL Orig maybe 5 months ago, a much easier clear than 1.5, and the least entertaining scoring system in the package imo.

Basically, I knew that I could get to the stage 4 boss without getting hit, as long as I bombed if need be from the 2nd half of stage 3 onwards. I think I used 1 bomb on stage 3, and 1 or 2 on the boss (pussy shit, I know)

Then, I used the rest of my bomb stock on stage 4, so I ended up missing on the boss.

That was fairly common for me, getting to stage 5 with either no miss or one miss, and then getting so nervous I end up missing with bombs in stock.

So, my game plan was: Score heavy on stages 1, 2, and the first half of 3. Then, I just went pure survival mode, and bombed the crap out of stage 5.

Oddly, I find that I enjoy this game most once I know I am out of bombs, because then I can really try my dodging skills without having to worry about wasting resources.

Wow, I actually beat my unofficial rival to a clear for once! I still need to try to ge that RF2 clear, I was pretty close.
Gus

Post by Gus »

dunpeal2064 wrote:
Deca wrote:

Yeah man, I cleared BL Orig maybe 5 months ago, a much easier clear than 1.5, and the least entertaining scoring system in the package imo.
wut
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Whats less entertaining than 1.5 original's scoring system Gus?

BL Maniac? BL Orig?

Looking at that, I worded it weird, maybe it looked like I meant that BL Orig was the least entertaiing, but I meant to direct that at 1.5 Orig
Gus

Post by Gus »

Yeah, I saw it like you said BL Original had the worst scoring. I've seen it get some hate on here from people who aren't good at it but it really gets intense once you figure out how it's meant to be played and I'd say it's easily the better game than 1.5 Original. As for overall worst I'd say BL Maniac pretty easily. It's fun at first but once you sunk some time into it it's just too easy to get a near-max score in the stages. The WR holder entered the Larsa fight with only like 150m more than I got in my run and the rest of his score was from NMNBing the game.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

yeah, ther is no doubt that BL Original can be cheesed, biut if you are scoring, that game gets damn hard. I do quite like BL Original.

I think the only reason I still like BL Maniac more than 1.5 Original is because BL Maniac feels like God mode with training wheels (like, giant training wheels that also pedal for you) I see what you mean though, I end up having max gems way too often in BL Maniac, and its really easy to cash in as well.

Once I can regularly get to stage 3 in God mode, I'll probably set aside BL Maniac, but for now, I usually go back to BL maniac when God is kicking my ass too hard.

Still don't know how you guys can play ultra. That is a mean, mean game.
Deca

Post by Deca »

Oooh DTP is gonna love this one, got my 1.5 Original clear. Fell just shy of 200mil with Palm but whatever, now I don't have to feel guilty about playing BL and can sort of forget 1.5 exists.

How's that for timing dunpeal? :P