360: problem with long loading times on the dashboard....

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Fudoh

360: problem with long loading times on the dashboard....

Post by Fudoh »

I have a problem with my 360. After the initial boot up I can quickly start a game, either retail, xbla or indi. Once I quit the game and return to the dashboard, it takes up to 1 minute to show me the game listing again. When I download a few new XBLA demos or indis, it literally takes ages to go through them since the waiting times're so long. I have a non-slim 360 with a 250gb drive of which about 70gb are used.

Any ideas about this ?
Sumez

Re: 360: problem with long loading times on the dashboard....

Post by Sumez »

I'm having the exact same problem, and I've had it for years. Also, it often takes a lot more than just one minute for me.
I always figured it's just because I always have a ton of XBLA and XBLIG games and demos, and Microsoft never wanted to correct their crappy indexing feature (or lack thereof). Should be pretty easy to fix, too, since it always loads almost immediately when booting up the Xbox.
RGB32E

Post by RGB32E »

Fudoh wrote:I have a problem with my 360. After the initial boot up I can quickly start a game, either retail, xbla or indi. Once I quit the game and return to the dashboard, it takes up to 1 minute to show me the game listing again. When I download a few new XBLA demos or indis, it literally takes ages to go through them since the waiting times're so long. I have a non-slim 360 with a 250gb drive of which about 70gb are used.

Any ideas about this ?
Tried clearing the system cache?

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/ ... stem-cache
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

No, clearing the cache doesn't help it.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Didn't help here either
RGB32E

Post by RGB32E »

Hmmm... formatting the HDD, and redownloading content seems to be the next step? I think you can backup the HDD to a USB storage device (save games, ect).
fagin

Post by fagin »

RGB32E wrote:Hmmm... formatting the HDD, and redownloading content seems to be the next step? I think you can backup the HDD to a USB storage device (save games, ect).
I was going to suggest that, or restoring your profile (which is quicker and easier as a first test).
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Can you tell me how to do this (restoring my profile) ?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I imagine he means using the "recover gamertag" function. Make sure you've connected to Live before starting to make sure you've synced all the data locally, sign out of your profile, then click Recover Gamertag from the guide button menu. You'll have to enter your Live passport email address and password, then it'll re-download your profile data from Live's servers.